Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

Just now, Homer said:

This song is fucking brilliant

This was one of the first songs I ever downloaded (on limewire or equivalent), although the file I downloaded was just the first 30 odd seconds on a loop for 6 minutes.

Serves me right.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

This was one of the first songs I ever downloaded (on limewire or equivalent), although the file I downloaded was just the first 30 odd seconds on a loop for 6 minutes.

Serves me right.

Ah, the golden days of dowloading a loop of Madonna telling you to 'fuck off'.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Ah, so you're a 'people who pretend they don’t like ABBA' man then?!

I have always liked abba but that like has reduced enormously over recent years because of those god awful films and the musical .

Fortunately Queen musicals haven't had same impact because I didn't like them from start 

33 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Homework is one of my favourite albums ever, but in the cold light of day nothing they released subsequently got close to it. 

Not just trying to be controversial, but I never liked Homework and loved Discovery and Random Access Memories.

Not sure why, but never really listened to Human After All

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Serves me right.

A friend of mine also downloaded that after seeing Keane do a free set in the Bristol Uni bar and insisted that it was the actual song and was worth replaying on repeat continuously. Needless to say he was left to himself that evening.

12 minutes ago, mcshed said:

A friend of mine also downloaded that after seeing Keane do a free set in the Bristol Uni bar and insisted that it was the actual song and was worth replaying on repeat continuously. Needless to say he was left to himself that evening.

I saw Keane at the Anson Rooms once - I did have to to get in though.

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Serves me right.

I don't think this ever happened to me, but I do remember downloading lots of misnamed songs. Remember really loving a song called Not An Addict and literally spending about a year trying to find out who it was by as I'd downloaded it as it was listed as a new Jane's Addiction song.

If anyone is curious I eventually found out it was by K's Choice

Despite Aerosmith self confirming, the best music news today is that Daft Punk have finally fucked off and we don't have to live with the threat of them and their USB sticks taking up a headline slot.

99% of songs that use shitty vocoder/computerised vocals should be deleted from existence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3