Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

Never got any of the so called "Power Ballards". Very bad songs sung very badly, then extra badly for good measure. Music for Philistines.

In the dead of night, as some of you will know, I tend to listen to the Jessie J, who some some of you may consider a Power Ballardier at times. The whole concept of a Power Ballard falls down right there.

There is a new album on the way it is said. You should all listen to that. There's a most controversial music opinion!

Jessie J messing around on the piano, improvising and more....

Edited by bamber

3 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

As great as some of them are, you don’t need to listen to albums that are 40 or 50 years old, there’s plenty of great music being made today (especially if you aren’t even 40 or 50 years old yourself)

This is a dilemma for me. It is surely not right to dwell on 40 or 50 year old albums, but at the same time I listen to the likes of Jack Saunders on Radio One covering for Annie Mac and I think "does this guy actually know what the words 'literally' and 'tenacious' actually mean, (clearly he does not). Then you have to question if indeed music is as good as it used to be. I'd rather not be old, but here I am.

13 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

As great as some of them are, you don’t need to listen to albums that are 40 or 50 years old, there’s plenty of great music being made today (especially if you aren’t even 40 or 50 years old yourself)

Hmmmm - you can do both.  Just cos something was released yesterday it doesn't mean it's automatically better than Dusty In Memphis.