Club Covid

henry bear

I've had it since sunday, its the first time I've had covid. It's felt like flu, but I think I'm over the worst now and I intent to do a test today. I'm triple vaccinated. 

Timing hasnt been ideal as I had to cancel a long awaited hospital appointmemt on Monday ☹ Looking on the bright side my antibodies shoild be raised for BT in 7 weeks and glasto in 11 weeks. 

Had it around 26th and for about 10 days. Felt pretty weak/worn out, very soar throat and pretty bad cough. Feeling much better now but still got the cough, think it’ll linger. My partner didn’t get it which is weird as we live in a 1 bed flat. First time of having it and I’ve been going out a lot, loads of gigs/festivals last year and football matches so surprised it took this long but maybe the vaccine helped that one. 

20 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Me and the Mrs both have it. She tested positive on Friday and I came down with it two days later. 

Both sticking to the two negative  lateral flow tests before release.

Poor dog looking in need of a walk soon though!

Honestly I'd imagine outdoors you'll be fine to take the dog for a walk if you're well enough surely?

20 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

No it wasn’t, ours was moved from December to then. 

managed to talk our finance director to sign off my boozy expenses so long that I paid and claimed for his. 

Ditto ours got moved from Dec to last Friday and we also have 10+ positive cases since. Wonder how much research has been done on alcohol consumption rates vs likelihood of catching it???

First official bout for me (suspect I had it in the first wave but no tests of course) Amazed it's taken me this long to get it if it is my first. Fairly rife at work. Just been like a bad cold, but getting noticeably better each day (which I don't always do with a cold). I feel like I could handle going in to work today (which I'm not doing obviously) whereas the last few days that's def not been the case.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, this latest variant is super infectious...thank god early variants weren't this infectious.

Yeah, what skews perception was the mass hospitalisations and deaths, but in reality only about 1% (roughly) of the population actually had it at anyone time back towards the start. All the talk of herd immunity at the time was that it would take years to happen, but with about 10% currently infected at the moment it would take a few months (but obviously we now know it doesn’t work like that anyway).

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Getting a bit worried, had omicron but I’ve yet to have this latest bout and I’ve got a stag in Barcelona the weekend before Glastonbury. Could really do with getting it before then. I work from home full time so the opportunities are limited.

It's a weird predicament isn't it?

4 hours ago, Neil said:

more news today about covid causing blood clots and strokes, so i wonder again if that was me, i dont think so, because i dont think i had covid before my stroke.i'll never know but will keep returning to the idea.

I really feel for you, mate. It's a really shitty situation to get you're head around. My dad had stroke during the summer also, a few weeks after his 2nd dose of the vaccine. He's finding it tough to rationalise it all. The doctors keep telling him it was a different type of clot but obviously he can't help but question things. Its really difficult and I can totally see why you would too.

31 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Ditto ours got moved from Dec to last Friday and we also have 10+ positive cases since. Wonder how much research has been done on alcohol consumption rates vs likelihood of catching it???

I think people mixing in a tight environment it’s what’s done it. It was also quite cold so most places won’t have a lot of ventilation. 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Very much so. If I could get it now I 100% would, I’m just so unbelievably hyped for Glasto given the break that the last thing I’d ideally be doing would be getting on a plane and going to an overseas festival a few days before it starts. 

I got it (2nd time) two weeks ago. Delighted about it. Weirdly though, my other half didn't catch it even though we live in a small 1 bed apartment together. She gave it to me the first time around too so we should be on the same timeline.

Just now, TheDayman said:

I got it (2nd time) two weeks ago. Delighted about it. Weirdly though, my other half didn't catch it even though we live in a small 1 bed apartment together. She gave it to me the first time around too so we should be on the same timeline.

I guess there is still much we don’t know and how immunity differs from person to person. Assuming you’re both vaccinated your OH might just have had a better immune reaction to it than you. I just hope I’m like your OH!

I had covid back in December, luckily I had light symptoms - not even fever. Then last week I was three days in bed, full body ache, high fever, headache, etc and negative on lateral flow and PCR but feeling way worse than when I was positive in December.

I heard similar stories from other people (symptoms but negative) so maybe there are other bugs going around...

It was weird to think "shit so I had something else and not covid? so I will probably be getting it again anytime soon?" and then thinking about Glasto and if it's better to catch it now...

Tested positive on Wednesday first official time I've had COVID but like others I was Ill at the very start of the pandemic after attending the Liverpool v atletico march 11th 2020, a game that should never have gone ahead, had a sore throat and tired for over 4 weeks after that but no testing then. 

Anyway started to feel ruff on Tuesday so did a test next day and almost instantly the positive line appeared. Feels like the flu with headaches and knees a bit swollen and sometimes hands going numb but lemsips seem to be working well. Really glad I've caught it now though 👍

I caught it for first time about 10 days ago. Felt rough first few days, though not to bad since. I only had my booster late December so shows me how good the vaccine is as took the edge of a nasty virus, plus added protection for the many sporting events, Cheltenham 4 days last month, and about 10/15 gigs.

I'm travelling to America in 2 weeks so no idea what test i need to get across. PCR one could still show positive after 90 days and Randox who I've got it booked with are not very helpful.

35 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

I caught it for first time about 10 days ago. Felt rough first few days, though not to bad since. I only had my booster late December so shows me how good the vaccine is as took the edge of a nasty virus, plus added protection for the many sporting events, Cheltenham 4 days last month, and about 10/15 gigs.

I'm travelling to America in 2 weeks so no idea what test i need to get across. PCR one could still show positive after 90 days and Randox who I've got it booked with are not very helpful.

See here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

"What if I recently recovered from Covid-19?"

If you do a PCR or maybe self report a lateral flow and give your NSH number, it should show on your COVID pass - just make sure you report the date right from when symptoms started - although I'm not sure if they accept this as "documentation of recovery" but seems like it.

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

I have recently travelled to USA with people who had had covid prior to travelling- the document of recovery is a letter from GP stating you have recovered from covid 19 alongside your positive PCR test result from NHS. Not a lot of doctors will provide this letter, but you can search online for a private consultation who will do it, when we looked it was in region of £60-£90, think we paid £65 per person. 

the other option (which my sister took) is if you are testing negative on lateral flows, to get an observed lateral flow through Randox, they accepted this for her.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

We went to the US last month.  A video observed LFT the day before is sufficient for entry into america, which you register with the airline.  Its relatively simple.  We booked one with project screen and you get a little zoom meeting to show a nurse that you're doing it correctly.  As nat also mentioned you should be able to use proof of recovery as an alternative.

I caught it 2 weeks ago (after returning) also after having a booster in December, and am now testing consistently negative on an LFT, so if you're similar in many ways having covid now should be perfect timing for you!  I'd only be concerned if you are travelling with someone who could catch it from you in the interim who might be a little closer to the travel date.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

You need what’s called a Recovery Certificate (think they’re around £50) but it allows you to travel for 6 months from when you had covid. Some places still want neg lft as well so you may need to check rules for the US.

• Thanks 1