Club Covid

henry bear

Genuine question so please don't hammer me, but with the current Covid laws in the UK. If you tested positive in the preceding few days of the festival, would you actually stay at home and skip the festival. I guess this is especially relevant if you are asymptomatic. 

13 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Genuine question so please don't hammer me, but with the current Covid laws in the UK. If you tested positive in the preceding few days of the festival, would you actually stay at home and skip the festival. I guess this is especially relevant if you are asymptomatic. 

I've got all the flu symptoms so the last thing I'd wanna do is go to a festival. If did manage to drive down there I wouldn't last a day 🤣

Edited by gazzared

15 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Yes and I’ll be doing the same with my workplace … who say you should come to work even if positive after day 5 …. So in the run up to the fest I will do my upmost to avoid getting it … and I will wear my N95 on the coach … 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

If not that ill then I'd still go.

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

I feel like I have a cold, if I wasn't aware of other people I was with being positive I might not of tested.

If you didn't have symptoms how many people would test?

18 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I feel like I have a cold, if I wasn't aware of other people I was with being positive I might not of tested.

If you didn't have symptoms how many people would test?

This does sort of expand on the earlier question. You have no tests, you feel a little under the weather, say a slight runny nose or blocked nose of whatever. Do you stay at home and miss Glastonbury? 

Very very unlikely for me...

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

It’s a good genuine question, so no hammering necessary!

If i had the symptoms i just had, no.   It wouldn’t have been at all enjoyable.

Asymptomatic, its a tough one.  On the one hand I wouldn’t want to give anyone vulnerable the virus.  However, with case rates the way they are currently, anyone who goes and doesn’t have immunity is going to get it regardless of whether I’m there or not, and selfishly i want to be there.  

If case rates are lower it might be a more difficult decision as you’re taking it somewhere where people might otherwise not encounter it.

Kinda glad I’ve just had it.  Makes it less likely I’ll need to make this decision in June!

If things are like they are now come gates open, assuming all 200k people don’t wrap themselves in cotton wool for the week prior (which obviously some will, and some won’t have the choice to) then you’re going to have possibly as many as 20k people facing that very decision. In reality it will probably be half that, or maybe even less considering many will be asymptomatic, but even so it would still be a question for a fair slice of the people going, maybe as many people as there were resale tickets. Hopefully it isn’t as bad in 70 odd days as it is now.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

its a good question. I'll be coming down on my own and camping on my own, and of course the vast majority of it will be outdoors where there's minimal transmission, but i'd not want to spread it to anyone of course. I had Covid about three weeks ago: first day felt ok but tested positive, two days of feeling pretty bollocks, and then after day three was broadly absolutely fine. i only tested positive for five days in total. I'd hope for similar, i'd have imagined (based on my scientific analysis of how kick-ass my pos line on the LFT was) i wouldve only realistically been really transmissible on days two and three, because 1, 4 and 5 were all fairly light lines. But i've no real way of knowing to be fair, its just what i am supposing. . . 

so in summary: assuming i felt ok, i'd be there. I'd delay arriving til i felt ok and wouldnt be there if i felt crap. But then its a four hour drive so i really wouldnt be there if i felt crap . . . 

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If things are like they are now come gates open, assuming all 200k people don’t wrap themselves in cotton wool for the week prior (which obviously some will, and some won’t have the choice to) then you’re going to have possibly as many as 20k people facing that very decision. In reality it will probably be half that, or maybe even less considering many will be asymptomatic, but even so it would still be a question for a fair slice of the people going, maybe as many people as there were resale tickets. Hopefully it isn’t as bad in 70 odd days as it is now.

I'd hope they do some sort of scheme where those who want to give up their tickets can get money back and someone else can take it last minute 

Edited by efcfanwirral

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

with the photos one the tickets I doubt they can unfortunately 

34 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd hope they do some sort of scheme where those who want to give up their tickets can get money back and someone else can take it last minute 

Theoretically if theres enough time to post back, they could be resold at the box office.  Unfortunately not really likely to solve the problem of people getting covid a few days before the fest.

No chance to transfer to someone you know... they'll see it as too exploitable for touting.

18 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

One of our friends came round to take the dog out today. 

I appreciate everyone saying they would and have but trying to isolate as normal until we get those two negative lateral flow tests. 

he got a better walk with them anyway, not sure we would have lasted more than ten mins!

My friends dog tested positive for covid when they had the virus!  Hopefully your dog didn't spread it to your friend! 😄

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

with the photos one the tickets I doubt they can unfortunately 

1 hour ago, siblin said:

Theoretically if theres enough time to post back, they could be resold at the box office.  Unfortunately not really likely to solve the problem of people getting covid a few days before the fest.

No chance to transfer to someone you know... they'll see it as too exploitable for touting.

I was thinking more just stopping the cancelled ticket from getting a green light when scanned and issuing a new one to a registered person, maybe to pick up at the box office? Wouldn't have thought it'd be too hard?

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I was thinking more just stopping the cancelled ticket from getting a green light when scanned and issuing a new one to a registered person, maybe to pick up at the box office? Wouldn't have thought it'd be too hard?

you've still got the touting issue though ... amongst the registered 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

you've still got the touting issue though ... amongst the registered 

In my scenario it wouldn't be that you sold it to people you know, more that you gave it back to the festival and then they sold the next through See, perhaps with a waiting list option. If the ticket is immediately deactivated and wouldn't gain entry it should be foolproof as long as the people on the gates know the situation. Those picking up at the ticket office do the ID checks at that point.

Its how Ticketmaster Resale works for the etickets - deactivates the old barcode and issues a new one, though this would just do the deactivation and have an entirely separate new ticket waiting at the box office

All depends how many people are going to not attend because they feel a little ill really. They probably won't have tests so it'll be purely on instinct. Even if we're at 1 in 30 / 1 in 50 by that point that's still a relatively significant amount of unused tickets if everyone who felt ill or had kept tests aside and definitely knew they had it didn't go. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

28 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Tickets aren't scanned. Or they haven't been in the past at least.

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

really? I just assumed they were! Can't say I've ever really noticed when there. The most sophisticated anti tout system then just visual checks like the old days

I think they might have introduced scanning in 2017 from memory, but havent been since then so my memory is hazy.

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

really? I just assumed they were! Can't say I've ever really noticed when there. The most sophisticated anti tout system then just visual checks like the old days

I don't think any of my tickets have ever been scanned. They just check your photo. One year in my case very thoroughly. He made me take off my hat etc. I was genuinely starting to panic about what I would do if he said he didn't think I was me!!