Club Covid

henry bear

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Getting a bit worried, had omicron but I’ve yet to have this latest bout and I’ve got a stag in Barcelona the weekend before Glastonbury. Could really do with getting it before then. I work from home full time so the opportunities are limited.

I went to our company Christmas party last week and at least 10 of us have got it now. That’s from the people I know. 

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Getting a bit worried, had omicron but I’ve yet to have this latest bout and I’ve got a stag in Barcelona the weekend before Glastonbury. Could really do with getting it before then. I work from home full time so the opportunities are limited.

I went to a gig and caught it last week, first time as well and I've been loads since they started up again. But I'm the same, I was worrying I'd get it right in time for Primavera. Fingers crossed immunity holds out 

4 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I went to a gig and caught it last week, first time as well and I've been loads since they started up again. But I'm the same, I was worrying I'd get it right in time for Primavera. Fingers crossed immunity holds out 

I think if you’ve been vaxed and had it now you’ll pretty much be fine regardless at this stage. My worry is I miss this variant completely and get hit by something else at Sonar or nearer the time. I’m going to Liam Gallagher on 4th June so that will be my Hail Mary for getting it if I haven’t by then, otherwise I’ll be in the lap of the gods. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

think if you’ve been vaxed and had it now you’ll pretty much be fine regardless at this stage.

my wife and stepdaughter have both had it for a second time, despite being fully vaxed.

Yay...a covid thread, my favourite type of thread. I got covid a few weeks ago and had pretty bad diarrhoea along with bad headache and chills for first few days, anyone else have this? I'm not sure if it was covid or something else as I didn't test positive until 4 days after the poops started. My guts recovered and then I had bad cold and chesty cough symptoms.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

my wife and stepdaughter have both had it for a second time, despite being fully vaxed.

Yeah I think we all know being vaxed doesn’t stop you getting it, I more meant having just had it now + being vaxed should mean between now and Glasto getting it again shouldn’t be a problem, you’re highly highly unlikely to be unwell, not allowing for some new horrible super variant.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

think we'll be over this wave of omicron by then...although of course there could be another variant by then, but hopefully not.

20 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think if you’ve been vaxed and had it now you’ll pretty much be fine regardless at this stage. My worry is I miss this variant completely and get hit by something else at Sonar or nearer the time. I’m going to Liam Gallagher on 4th June so that will be my Hail Mary for getting it if I haven’t by then, otherwise I’ll be in the lap of the gods. 

After Liam Gallagher at Manchester we're pretty much just wrapping ourselves in cotton wool for the 3 weeks afterwards. Sold some Noel tickets for the week before Glastonbury - we just don't want to take the risk 

Edited by efcfanwirral

52 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It's quite possible that you're not going to get it, having already had Omicron. 

In same boat.. I'm clear now.. Ten days.. Now misses is down with it 6 days and I know loads of people who have it.. Its strange cos when it was...... Rife...... I only knew a few people with it.. 

Stop the tests etc and it's gone crazy. 

I'm just getting over it, having avoided it for so long.  Been just over a week since the last positive test, still feel a bit crap with bad stomach, headache that doesn't go away and a cough.  Like most (I would imagine) it wasn't too bad because of vaccination.  First day of symptoms knocked me on my arse and a couple of days I just went back to bed but generally just like any other seasonal virus.

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

In same boat.. I'm clear now.. Ten days.. Now misses is down with it 6 days and I know loads of people who have it.. Its strange cos when it was...... Rife...... I only knew a few people with it.. 

And workplaces encouraging people to work with it now …. Shocker … I’m still free of it but not sure how long after my gig last night and being surrounded by positive cases at work 

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I went to our company Christmas party last week and at least 10 of us have got it now. That’s from the people I know. 

Xmas party in April??? There can't be many companies having their Xmas party now.

I suspect that I might work for the same company as you and was at that same party???? It wasnt in Devon was it??

23 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I think it’s actually more rife now than ever really. About 10% of the country have got it.

19 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Xmas party in April??? There can't be many companies having their Xmas party now.

I suspect that I might work for the same company as you and was at that same party???? It wasnt in Devon was it??

No it wasn’t, ours was moved from December to then. 

managed to talk our finance director to sign off my boozy expenses so long that I paid and claimed for his.