2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Strong set of headliners there. When your second stage has headliners that would seem big for a festival like Isle of Wight, you know you’re doing something right.

Totally agree. Especially this year with all the uncertainty and cancelled tours. They’ve really pulled it out of the bag.

44 minutes ago, jparx said:

Strong set of headliners there. When your second stage has headliners that would seem big for a festival like Isle of Wight, you know you’re doing something right.

Foals/Fatboy/PSB is hardly big for Isle of Wight. Fatboy did a closing set in 2019 and arguably PSB/Foals aren't huge, definitely not the size of Muse who they have this year. All artists i like though but wouldn't say they are particularly impressive aside from Foals.

Where do you all think Glass Animals will fit into the lineup? I'd have thought they were due a middling slot on the Other in 2020, but they blew up in popularity over lockdown and Heat Waves became a bit of a phenomenon.

Personally, I think going on just before Diana Ross or maybe one before that on the Pyramid could be great. They've been through a lot of shit over the last few years and they deserve a big crowd imo

16 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Where do you all think Glass Animals will fit into the lineup? I'd have thought they were due a middling slot on the Other in 2020, but they blew up in popularity over lockdown and Heat Waves became a bit of a phenomenon.

Personally, I think going on just before Diana Ross or maybe one before that on the Pyramid could be great. They've been through a lot of shit over the last few years and they deserve a big crowd imo

Lots of people were expecting a headline slot on Park/John Peel or sub Park - they could be anywhere really but definitely could see a more prominent slot

23 minutes ago, K2SO said:

They were down for the John Peel tent in 2020, seems like they weren’t headlining it but as you say they’re a bit bigger than that now. I’m expecting them to move up to a headliner there or maybe early evening Other stage.

I see that article about Macca headlining comes from another article about it in The Sun. There doesn’t seem to be too much else of note in it, it just mentions their Noel and Haim playing Saturday Pyramid thing again but nothing else new. I suppose it’s just extra confirmation at this point.

26 minutes ago, sisco said:

image.thumb.png.5ed15c47d8bde57cdd404c0847f814d4.png

Again, who knows how accurate these gossip articles are. It links to the Scum as the source, and their article reads like something like that could be legit, but also reads like one of their gossip writers has been browsing this forum. We’ll know soon enough, but I’m sceptical these articles are anything more than pulled from sites like this.

I wonder if the recent S*n and Mirror "speculation" of what many of these boards have suspected for some time, will force the festival's hand to release at least the headliners in this coming week? The more widespread the rumours, arguably the less impact of the actual announcement. 

"Here are our final two headliners for 2022!"

"Yeah, we know. Where's the poster?!" 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Again, who knows how accurate these gossip articles are. It links to the Scum as the source, and their article reads like something like that could be legit, but also reads like one of their gossip writers has been browsing this forum. We’ll know soon enough, but I’m sceptical these articles are anything more than pulled from sites like this.

Possibly, but the Sun has had good info about Glastonbury in the past. We’re taking the Noel/Haim info as gospel for a reason.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I wonder if the recent S*n and Mirror "speculation" of what many of these boards have suspected for some time, will force the festival's hand to release at least the headliners in this coming week? The more widespread the rumours, arguably the less impact of the actual announcement. 

"Here are our final two headliners for 2022!"

"Yeah, we know. Where's the poster?!" 

Chances are we’re getting an announcement this week anyway going off the timetable Emily laid out. It being so close is probably why The Mirror have heard this info.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Possibly, but the Sun has had good info about Glastonbury in the past. We’re taking the Noel/Haim info as gospel for a reason.

Chances are we’re getting an announcement this week anyway going off the timetable Emily laid out. It being so close is probably why The Mirror have heard this info.

The mirror article actually says the lineup next week although that’s just repeating what Emily said

Edited by sisco

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

So you're thinking headliner(s) this week, poster next? 

Just now, sisco said:

The mirror article actually says the lineup next week

Keen for that to be true.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

So you're thinking headliner(s) this week, poster next? 

Well, with Emily saying ‘more news’ in February, ‘full lineup’ (taken to mean the poster) in March and the balance deadline being just over two weeks’ time, that would fit.

37 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

News travels. They’re about to talk about Macca headlining on Good Morning Britain.

This sort of media coverage is surely going to prompt the festival to confirm.

Odds on an announcement today I’d say.

Nah it will probably mean the first thing we will get is the poster during balance week. Seems like a rumour is getting the big media coverage which could have gone to an announcement.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah it will probably mean the first thing we will get is the poster during balance week. Seems like a rumour is getting the big media coverage which could have gone to an announcement.

They generally announce when a rumour has essentially broken cover and goes viral or gets a lot of media footage. Especially if that happens around the same time they were going to announce. A later announcement would be like confirming something that was reported ages ago. 

If Macca is playing, I think we’ll get confirmation today, tomorrow at the latest. 

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

They generally announce when a rumour has essentially broken cover and goes viral or gets a lot of media footage. Especially if that happens around the same time they were going to announce. A later announcement would be like confirming something that was reported ages ago. 

If Macca is playing, I think we’ll get confirmation today, tomorrow at the latest. 

I’ve changed my mind and agree with you - don’t know if you saw but on good morning Britain they just did a segment as if the news had been confirmed from the festival. The festival will have to say something.

No “it has been reported that” it was straight up. Glastonbury is back and Macca is headlining it.

If they’re even talking about it on breakfast tele then I do wonder if the festival just confirms it today/asap. Tabloid gossip pages are one thing and they usually ignore those, but if it’s on GMB that’s reaching a fair chunk of people. Depends if there are any other embargoes on announcing him, but if not I can see them confirming it today. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

If they’re even talking about it on breakfast tele then I do wonder if the festival just confirms it today/asap. Tabloid gossip pages are one thing and they usually ignore those, but if it’s on GMB that’s reaching a fair chunk of people. Depends if there are any other embargoes on announcing him, but if not I can see them confirming it today. 

I reckon they will need confirmation from the acts tho - and if they are both dropping tours they may not be able to. Might have to just keep it as an open secret.