2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Look at her 2020 dates. Playing Europe April/May before her run of UK/Ireland shows in June leading up to Glasto.

Then look at her 2022 dates. There’s no lead up to Glasto. She’s only doing a maximum of 2 shows on the bounce. There’s been an extra Helsinki show added on the Friday, so if she did do Glasto it’d be 4 shows in a row.

D2177F9F-EA41-45B9-BCF2-FE56A5831FED.jpeg

6CD93675-B15D-4615-921F-99FB6D44F6AD.jpeg

Where are you seeing the extra Helsinki date?

At the moment her tour is

Sunday 19th June - Lithuania 

Thursday 23rd June - Finland

Sunday 26th June - Norway

Tuesday 28th June - Sweden

No four days on the bounce at all. In fact there’s more than 1 day gap between all of her Scandinavian shows.

Yeah I don’t see this second Helsinki show anywhere but

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

In fact there’s more than 1 day gap between all of her Scandinavian shows.

Does this not make it sound unlikely to you that she does

Helsinki > 1 day off > Glasto > Oslo?

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah I don’t see this second Helsinki show anywhere but

Does this not make it sound unlikely to you that she does

Helsinki > 1 day off > Glasto > Oslo?

Not really no. Especially since her next show after Oslo isn’t until Tuesday. We’ve seen weirder touring patterns. She’d probably fly in on the Friday. See some of her mates at big G and some sets. Play on the Saturday then fly back to Oslo on the Sunday morning. It’s a 2 hour flight.

The kit used for Glastonbury will probably be the same kit used for rosklide. It’s not unusual for acts to have two sets of gear going around during a touring circuit. There is clearly a hybrid set up planned as she has both Rosklide and an indoor show planned within the same touring cycle.

Edited by Matt42

I think what a few people are guilty of forgetting is that not everything is about Glastonbury.

The scheduling of tours are largely commercial decisions. Dua has a fairly extensive looking European tour booked for this summer. I’m sure her team have discussed the possibility of doing GF this year but that schedule suggests to me it’s not a priority. Her first priority will be honouring her commitments to her lucrative tour rather than a one off on the second stage at Glastonbury. These decisions are as much commercial as they are artistic, what if she contracts Covid on the flight to/from GF for instance?

It’s not as if her bailing on this year would have any lasting consequences to her future prospects either.

Edited by Hugh Jass

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not really no. Especially since her next show after Oslo isn’t until Tuesday. We’ve seen weirder touring patterns. She’d probably fly in on the Friday. See some of her mates at big G and some sets. Play on the Saturday then fly back to Oslo on the Sunday morning. It’s a 2 hour flight.

The kit used for Glastonbury will probably be the same kit used for rosklide. It’s not unusual for acts to have two sets of gear going around during a touring circuit. There is clearly a hybrid set up planned as she has both Rosklide and an indoor show planned within the same touring cycle.

You take it too personally sometimes when someone says an act might not be playing. This isn't an attack on the act. 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think what a few people are guilty of forgetting is that not everything is about Glastonbury.

The scheduling of tours are largely commercial decisions. Dua has a fairly extensive looking European tour booked for this summer. I’m sure her team have discussed the possibility of doing GF this year but that schedule suggests to me it’s not a priority. Her first priority will be honouring her commitments to her lucrative tour rather than a one off on the second stage at Glastonbury. These decisions are as much commercial as they are artistic, what if she contracts Covid on the flight to/from GF for instance?

It’s not as if her bailing on this year would have any lasting consequences to her future prospects either.

Is venue availability not a factor in this though? Very easy to just say oh let’s do the O2 around Glastonbury so it fits better… but that’s when Billie has it. 

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surprised you’ve read I’ve taken it personally. I am allowed to disagree with other people and argue my view?

Was more related to your first post of 'people are casting doubt on her for no reason' when most people do think she'll probably turn up and if she doesn't will be headlining in the next few years.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Was more related to your first post of 'people are casting doubt on her for no reason' when most people do think she'll probably turn up and if she doesn't will be headlining in the next few years.

And how is that me taking it personally? Bit confused.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is venue availability not a factor in this though? Very easy to just say oh let’s do the O2 around Glastonbury so it fits better… but that’s when Billie has it. 

As I said, her first priority would be rescheduling the European tour and honouring the tickets she’s sold for it. That tour now runs through GF weekend. If she was that desperate to do the festival then surely she could moved the Finland date forward a day and maybe the Norway/Sweden dates back a day (can’t be arsed to do a deep dive into Scandinavian arena availability in June). That scheduling does not suggest Glastonbury is a priority, especially when you consider she’s at Roskilde the week after, which has quite obviously been baked into the tour.

26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Honestly with the rate that Taylor's rereleases are shaping up I reckon she won't be back till 2024.

Dua has said she is already recording Album 3 - if she can get that done by next summer I think she is an easy lock for Glasto

Yep, this is where I’m probably at right now, especially after reading the article in The Sun about her doing that until 2024.

Could even see Dua Lipa headlining it next Summer with just a single or two out.

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Scenes when Fatboy Slim returns to headline The Other 

I was thinking about this the other day. We know we have at least one replacement Other headliner, with Foals (previously QOTSA) in on the Friday. I think we all just assumed that they were in for Fatboy Slim as he was previously on the Friday but given they do seem to be rolling over as many 2020 acts as possible, I wonder if it was Dua Lipa who has dropped out and they’ve just shuffled the days around as Foals/QOTSA against Macca would be an odd clash. He’s not the most exciting Other headliner but Fatboy Slim would still draw a decent sized crowd against Macca.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yep, this is where I’m probably at right now, especially after reading the article in The Sun about her doing that until 2024.

Could even see Dua Lipa headlining it next Summer with just a single or two out.

I posted something similar a few pages back. She could have her album out the month before Glastonbury and if its recieved as well as Future Nostalgia it will seem like a huge get, especially after a single or two in the lead up. 

Just find it weird that Dua wouldn’t be doing any UK festivals this summer when she’s doing festivals in the states and mainland Europe. If she was at R&L I could see her skipping big G but big G is the only UK festival left for her to pop up at.

If it was a no festival tour (like Billie’s) I could understand it, but the whole tour is a mix of venues and festival shows.

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Scenes when Fatboy Slim returns to headline The Other 

On my last prediction I was torn between putting him or Lorde there tbh. I do think it seems a bit harsh for Glasto to give him the Other headline slot for the 50th anniversary and then for the postponed edition, when most of the lineup has been brought forward unchanged, tell him he’s been dropped from the slot.

Only thing is he’d surely get no crowd at all up against Macca.

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I posted something similar a few pages back. She could have her album out the month before Glastonbury and if its recieved as well as Future Nostalgia it will seem like a huge get, especially after a single or two in the lead up. 

Yeah I was gonna say it’d be like what Stormzy did, but actually it’d be even easier to get away with as she won’t have performed any of Future Nostalgia at Glasto, whereas Stormzy had already played on the back of his previous album.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was thinking about this the other day. We know we have at least one replacement Other headliner, with Foals (previously QOTSA) in on the Friday. I think we all just assumed that they were in for Fatboy Slim as he was previously on the Friday but given they do seem to be rolling over as many 2020 acts as possible, I wonder if it was Dua Lipa who has dropped out and they’ve just shuffled the days around as Foals/QOTSA against Macca would be an odd clash. He’s not the most exciting Other headliner but Fatboy Slim would still draw a decent sized crowd against Macca.

Yeah I’m kind of expecting him to go up against Macca. As you say, a pretty uninspiring booking (much like he was in 2020) but people fucking love him so I’m sure he’ll have no problem bringing the crowd.

Can I ask where the information about Sam Fender playing 3rd down on the Other originated? Surely all of the exposure he's generated over the last 12 months would mean that he's more likely to headline the Other than some of the names mentioned on here.

If he's lower down I can foresee the same issues that they had with Rag n' Bone Man a few years ago, when the crowd seemed a little crowded and unsafe.