2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They’re not even doing back to back dates when they’re at the same venue. If they didn’t Glasto it’d be 3 nights running in different places. It’s not happening.

Not a full set for sure. But I really wouldn’t bet against Sprinty Dave popping up in some form or other on the Sunday. Whether that’s a secret set or guesting with someone else.

58 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

No but I’ll forever be questioning anything I hear ever again pre festival if it’s not true.

It will show how fluid a situation booking for the festival is.

It’s come from a solid place.

Have you spoke to the source recently? (since you got the info originally) 

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not a full set for sure. But I really wouldn’t bet against Sprinty Dave popping up in some form or other on the Sunday. Whether that’s a secret set or guesting with someone else.

Yep don’t disagree, especially if Macca is on Sunday. Just think there’s 0 chance they end up headlining.

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yep don’t disagree, especially if Macca is on Sunday. Just think there’s 0 chance they end up headlining.

I think they only way they headline is if something happens close to the festival and they need someone to step in last minute.

Edited by Hugh Jass

If it is Macca on the Saturday, and they’re pitting a name against him on the Other that’ll divvy the numbers, is Calvin Harris not in with a shout? Seen elsewhere he could be due to perform a set under the Love Regenerator moniker on the farm, and if true, I think he’d pull a huge crowd on the Other - no matter who he was up against. May have got my memory mixed up but if Dua Lipa sits ‘22 out then I think CH would be the perfect fit against Macca on the Saturday night

19 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

If it is Macca on the Saturday, and they’re pitting a name against him on the Other that’ll divvy the numbers, is Calvin Harris not in with a shout? Seen elsewhere he could be due to perform a set under the Love Regenerator moniker on the farm, and if true, I think he’d pull a huge crowd on the Other - no matter who he was up against. May have got my memory mixed up but if Dua Lipa sits ‘22 out then I think CH would be the perfect fit against Macca on the Saturday night

Where are the young people gonna go?

On 2/4/2022 at 10:37 PM, Suprefan said:

You understand there are 5 artists billed for the Halftime show? Thats not counting any surprises they might have. He will get 2 minutes to himself at most out of the 13-15 mins that its supposed to be in total length. He is also billed last out of everyone on top of that. Dre and Snoop are def getting the most air time overall. Shakira and Jennifer Lopez performed for 6 mins each and then did 2 mins together with the 14  mins given to them when they were there 2 years ago.  So do some math and consider that a performer getting 2 mins of airtime isnt the end all be all to holding a festival hostage when it comes to announcing them. Coachella offered Kendrick the headline spot that Rage left open and he turned it down. Doubt the NFL said he wasnt allowed to do such a thing. Its not as if it was going to decrease the value or ratings  somehow. 

- S. MATH-S. WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

• Upvote 4

Looks like Gaga is on tour this summer after all, according to the The Sun's Bizarre column yesterday. Not linking because people don't like Sun links (understandably) but you can find it easily.

Hots spot for Gaga return
LADY Gaga is planning her biggest-ever UK show after four years away.

I can reveal that the US superstar is due to arrive this summer for a huge gig at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in North London, as one of the first acts to perform at the venue, which opened in 2019.

She is gearing up to announce the concert in the coming days.

Demand is expected to be so high that her team are already considering adding a second night at the venue.

With a capacity of 62,850, it is more than three times the size of the O2 Arena.

A source said: “Lady Gaga hasn’t performed in the UK for ages, so it will be huge for her fans to see her on British soil again. She was supposed to headline the venue in 2020 but it was axed due to Covid, so everyone will be pleased to hear it is finally happening.

“It has been such an incredible few years for Gaga’s career that a second date is on the cards too.”

She has had critical acclaim for her 2018 film A Star Is Born and last year’s House Of Gucci, for which she received a Bafta nomination last week for the Leading Actress award.

Gaga also topped the charts in 2020 with her album Chromatica.

Her last headline tour arrived in the UK in 2018 but she only managed two dates in Birmingham before having to cancel the remainder due to “severe pain”.

In fact, she hasn’t played a solo headline show in London since way back in 2014.

With live music finally happening again, this summer is shaping up to be a great one.

My God Gaga would be fucking incredible. Imagine them dropping that! There was some hope for her pre-Covid but it died off when it became clear that she wouldn't be available.

Can't see it happening, but it would make my year.

Taylor - Gaga - Elton for 2023....

Edited by Stokesy10