2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

But then would something more stripped back be adequate enough to headline the Pyramid?

I was convinced it was Harry but now I’m thinking about it in more detail I’m starting to have a few doubts, like many I think.

I wish I hadn't put stripped back, it was only a suggestion. There's nothing stopping him from having a diferent set up to a festival than he does for his tour. 

Heck he could go Stormzy level of huge and have something insane, while his 'stadium' set up is going to Germany. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Heck he could go Stormzy level of huge and have something insane, while his 'stadium' set up is going to Germany. 

Mad to think last festival we got the best headline set of all time and now we’re looking at the possibility of all the headliners dropping out.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I wish I hadn't put stripped back, it was only a suggestion. There's nothing stopping him from having a diferent set up to a festival than he does for his tour. 

I brought this point up a few days ago since he has to have a festival production for Coachella. There is no reason to believe it cant be mirrored at Glasto with some tweaks. And again, 3 gigs in 9 days. Thats a walk in the park for any seasoned touring musician. Lets just get to the part of everyone wanting some good counter programming. Dua vs Harry is gonna be one for the books.

His tour obviously hasn’t been planned with the Saturday at Glasto in mind. But if headliners have pulled out and the Saturday headline slot has opened up and there’s a possibility of him doing it (perhaps having a different setup to his stadium shows), then I’m sure he’d be happy to take it. He may not have it take place the day before a show in Germany in an ideal world, but that could have ended up being the only option.

Prediction. I think all dates match.

Pyramid

Headliners: Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, Paul McCartney

Subs: Dua Lipa (Fri), Noel Gallagher (sat), Jack White (Sun)

Other

Headliners: Foals, Pet Shop Boys, Doja Cat

Subs: Wolf Alice (Fri), Megan Thee Stallion (Sat), Lorde (sun) -

(Sam Fender third down Sunday).

West Holts

Headliners: Little Simz, Chase and Status (live), Kano

John Peel

Headliners: Editors, Glass Animals, Charli XCX

Park

Headliners: Caribou, Manic Street Preachers, London Grammar

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bigglue said:

Prediction. I think all dates match.

Pyramid

Headliners: Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, Paul McCartney

Subs: Dua Lipa (Fri), Noel Gallagher (sat), Jack White (Sun)

Other

Headliners: Foals, Pet Shop Boys, Doja Cat

Subs: Wolf Alice (Fri), Megan Thee Stallion (Sat), Lorde (sun) -

(Sam Fender third down Sunday).

West Holts

Headliners: Little Simz, Chase and Status (live), Kano

John Peel

Headliners: Editors, Glass Animals, Charli XCX

Park

Headliners: Caribou, Manic Street Preachers, London Grammar

That would be a shocker

I'm a little confused... When did we become confident that we'd lost both Macca and Kendrick?

Makes no difference to me at this point, however. I lost my job this week so all spare money has to go on surviving. This whole bloody time I've had a ticket and three weeks before deadline day I get this shit dropped on me. Couldn't make it up.

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

I'm a little confused... When did we become confident that we'd lost both Macca and Kendrick?

Makes no difference to me at this point, however. I lost my job this week so all spare money has to go on surviving. This whole bloody time I've had a ticket and three weeks before deadline day I get this shit dropped on me. Couldn't make it up.

Sorry to hear that dude.

Nobody here is confident of any set of headliners at the moment. Don't let the "Now I'm sure it's going to be X, Y and Z" fool you, as the same people were saying it about someone else a week or two ago. But... we'll have news before the end of the month so not long to wait.

Hope it works out and you're able to go.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sorry to hear that dude.

Nobody here is confident of any set of headliners at the moment. Don't let the "Now I'm sure it's going to be X, Y and Z" fool you, as the same people were saying it about someone else a week or two ago. But... we'll have news before the end of the month so not long to wait.

Hope it works out and you're able to go.

Cheers mate.

Yeah I was a bit miffed where the certainty that Macca and Kendrick were out came from. All of a sudden it seemed like everyone had a meeting behind my back where they were confirmed to be on the moon or something!

Fingers crossed something pops up soon, but I'm not confident if I'm honest

@dentalplan I saw your post in another thread that The Rolling Stones are set to announce some UK dates in February. 

If Macca and Kendrick are out could Harry Styles and The Rolling Stones be their replacement? A February announcement from the Stones would line up with Emily’s timeline.

I don’t think Macca is out but it if they needed a similar act to step in it isn’t far off. Have they repeated a headliner like the Stones before?

Just now, Bigglue said:

@dentalplan I saw your post in another thread that The Rolling Stones are set to announce some UK dates in February. 

If Macca and Kendrick are out could Harry Styles and The Rolling Stones be their replacement? A February announcement from the Stones would line up with Emily’s timeline.

I don’t think Macca is out but it if they needed a similar act to step in it isn’t far off. Have they repeated a headliner like the Stones before?

I haven't seen that the dates will be announced in February but there are apparently dates in early summer to be announced. The guy who shared the info is a Brit though and my hunch would be that they would have mentioned Glastonbury if it was known to them... but who knows?

As a Macca replacement, I think it is an outside possibility. It's the closest like-for-like imaginable. I don't think they would swap Paul McCartney with Harry Styles as some are saying here - and I didn't agree with suggestions a month ago that the Stones could replace Kendrick Lamar - but the balance would kinda remain pretty steady if it did end up Billie Eilish, The Rolling Stones and Harry Styles. The thing that confuses that whole situation, though, is that Styles can't play the day that Lamar is down for.

The Stones doing UK and some European shows actually boosts my confidence about Macca. If they're looking at the situation and saying "we'll do mainly UK, some Europe but not so many that we're fucked if we can't make it over there" then Macca could do the same, quite easily.

They have repeated a headliner like that before when The Who played in 2015. Nobody thought they'd ever play again. They were a late replacement though, so it would be a similar fare if it happened.

10 minutes ago, Bigglue said:

Stones would be a pretty unreal “replacement” for Macca. I’m sure most would rather Macca given the Stones played fairly recently (although still 9 years ago..!!) but having seen neither id be chuffed with either. I’d lean towards Macca though, always landed more on the Beatles side of things.

The dream of The Rolling Stones lives on, great replacement for Macca if he can't make it. The slight issue I have with Macca is that he doesn't play some of my favourite Beatles songs, while with the Stones, I can guarantee that most of my favourites would make the set. 

2 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Not logged in for a good few years now but is Harry Styles headline a weird injoke or legit rumour?!?

I'll recap:

• Announced for Coachella, inserting himself as a legitimate festival headliner.
  • Announced a massive UK & Europe stadium tour around the time with Friday and Saturday free. Scheduling of tour leans more towards Friday being the day he would play.
  • Daily Star noticed gap, made a story about how Harry could be set to play Glastonbury.
  • Daily Mail reported on Daily Star story, said they reached out to a source who said he is not booked.
  • Someone on here said that Macca is out and Harry is headlining. Also said that Madonna was going to coheadline in 2020 so take that with a truckload of salt imo (no offence to the person, their source might be the one at fault).
  • After all the above, Neil thinks there could be something in it and that his team might have planted the story.

Some are convinced, others aren't. We'll wait and see...

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I haven't seen that the dates will be announced in February but there are apparently dates in early summer to be announced. The guy who shared the info is a Brit though and my hunch would be that they would have mentioned Glastonbury if it was known to them... but who knows?

As a Macca replacement, I think it is an outside possibility. It's the closest like-for-like imaginable. I don't think they would swap Paul McCartney with Harry Styles as some are saying here - and I didn't agree with suggestions a month ago that the Stones could replace Kendrick Lamar - but the balance would kinda remain pretty steady if it did end up Billie Eilish, The Rolling Stones and Harry Styles. The thing that confuses that whole situation, though, is that Styles can't play the day that Lamar is down for.

The Stones doing UK and some European shows actually boosts my confidence about Macca. If they're looking at the situation and saying "we'll do mainly UK, some Europe but not so many that we're fucked if we can't make it over there" then Macca could do the same, quite easily.

They have repeated a headliner like that before when The Who played in 2015. Nobody thought they'd ever play again. They were a late replacement though, so it would be a similar fare if it happened.

French magazine in august last year said that the Rolling Stones put offers out for European festivals in June 2022. They were supposedly in advanced talks with Garorock on Glasto weekend. Garorock have now announced without the Stones as headliners.

Interesting if this tour is now going ahead, and interesting that AEG was looking at festivals specifically. Perhaps the Stones wanted to make Garorock wait too long?

https://amp.parismatch.com/Culture/Musique/Les-Rolling-Stones-derniere-tournee-1751784

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I'll recap:

• Announced for Coachella, inserting himself as a legitimate festival headliner.
  • Announced a massive UK & Europe stadium tour around the time with Friday and Saturday free. Scheduling of tour leans more towards Friday being the day he would play.
  • Daily Star noticed gap, made a story about how Harry could be set to play Glastonbury.
  • Daily Mail reported on Daily Star story, said they reached out to a source who said he is not booked.
  • Someone on here said that Macca is out and Harry is headlining. Also said that Madonna was going to coheadline in 2020 so take that with a truckload of salt imo (no offence to the person, their source might be the one at fault).
  • After all the above, Neil thinks there could be something in it and that his team might have planted the story.

Some are convinced, others aren't. We'll wait and see...

Thanks for the summary! Much appreciated. Finally allowing myself to get sucked back into this….

Wonder if Years and Years would be a leftfield headline shout with PSB and Kylie as a special guests??

12 minutes ago, Bigglue said:

French magazine in august last year said that the Rolling Stones put offers out for European festivals in June 2022. They were supposedly in advanced talks with Garorock on Glasto weekend. Garorock have now announced without the Stones as headliners.

Interesting if this tour is now going ahead, and interesting that AEG was looking at festivals specifically. Perhaps the Stones wanted to make Garorock wait too long?

https://amp.parismatch.com/Culture/Musique/Les-Rolling-Stones-derniere-tournee-1751784

I understand that rumour was for the Garorock site a few days before the actual festival, so it still could be possible.

I hope not though, because that was rumoured for Saturday 25th June. And we would like them to be free that night!

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I understand that rumour was for the Garorock site a few days before the actual festival, so it still could be possible.

I hope not though, because that was rumoured for Saturday 25th June. And we would like them to be free that night!

As you said, perhaps history is repeating itself.

Where a returning heritage headliner (The Who / Rolling Stones), is pulling out of a gig in France (Garorock) to play Glastonbury.