2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Bigglue said:

Prediction. I think all dates match.

Pyramid

Headliners: Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, Paul McCartney

Subs: Dua Lipa (Fri), Noel Gallagher (sat), Jack White (Sun)

Other

Headliners: Foals, Pet Shop Boys, Doja Cat

Subs: Wolf Alice (Fri), Megan Thee Stallion (Sat), Lorde (sun) -

(Sam Fender third down Sunday).

West Holts

Headliners: Little Simz, Chase and Status (live), Kano

John Peel

Headliners: Editors, Glass Animals, Charli XCX

Park

Headliners: Caribou, Manic Street Preachers, London Grammar

Nice!!

Little Simz, Chase and Status (Live) and Paul McCartney would actually be a banging weekend of headliners for me!

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

jake-gyllenhaal-nod.gif

The French press now think the Rolling Stones will be at Vieilles Charrues. This was one QOTSA were due to play so they are missing a headliner.

If they didn’t go through with the French festival which takes place during Glastonbury that is intriguing. 

https://www.ouest-france.fr/festivals/les-vieilles-charrues/les-rolling-stones-aux-vieilles-charrues-en-2022-on-ne-s-interdit-rien-49ef38da-5c19-11ec-ba33-1b9954ca0701

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Muse 04 was legitimately brilliant.

Their best headline slot by a mile.

Muse 2004 was pretty traumatic up at T in the Park.

David Bowie out, The Darkness in so every c**t on site headed to watch Muse on the NME stage, I'm sure they were fine but I couldn't get over my Bowie disappointment.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Quick note of caution on the Stones…

BST still have one night to announce - the Saturday of GF. Somebody said over in the BST thread it was a band. Given the Stones’ history with Hyde Park and the fact that they are seemingly gearing up to announce something they have to be a serious contender for that.

I’m pretty sure they also said it wasn’t the Stones 

53 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Muse 2004 was pretty traumatic up at T in the Park.

David Bowie out, The Darkness in so every c**t on site headed to watch Muse on the NME stage, I'm sure they were fine but I couldn't get over my Bowie disappointment.

Jesus that’s bad. Like trying to sign Haaland and ending up with Benteke. 

• Upvote 1

I saw Muse headline Reading in 06 in it was amazing.

At the time, the band said it might be their best ever show, so mid-noughties was clearly the time to catch them live!

Quick note of caution on the Stones…

BST still have one night to announce - the Saturday of GF. Somebody said over in the BST thread it was a band. Given the Stones’ history with Hyde Park and the fact that they are seemingly gearing up to announce something they have to be a serious contender for that.

10 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I’m pretty sure they also said it wasn’t the Stones 

In BST thread they said it wasn’t the Stones or Metallica and another poster said it was due to be Coldplay.

Not saying it couldn’t end up being the Stones after all, they may have only agreed their dates recently.

What festivals do we think the Stones could play in the UK if not BST?

Edited by Bigglue

5 minutes ago, Bigglue said:

In BST thread they said it wasn’t the Stones or Metallica and another poster said it was due to be Coldplay.

Not saying it couldn’t end up being the Stones after all, they may have only agreed their dates recently.

What festivals do we think the Stones could play in the UK if not BST?

None other than Glastonbury. They’d be doing their own thing, though - presumably stadiums again. 

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

None other than Glastonbury. They’d be doing their own thing, though - presumably stadiums again. 

I think they could scoop up a run at the O2 like they’ve done before. This wouldn’t take them out of Glastonbury weekend though as Billie has it then.

I just find it peculiar that this was always rumoured as a festival tour, and the UK would have no festivals?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Are there any big stadiums left to book for this summer?

I don’t know much about this but is it possible to only do stadiums in one country and festival staging for the rest? The events the Stones are rumoured for in Europe are gig-in-a-field type?

If the Stones are in the frame that would sneak right under our nose. If they were lining up European festivals no one here would discuss it as a possibility because we were sold on Macca right through to December. I can see why a Stones June/July festival tour would be an oversight.

If they were looking specifically at festivals perhaps they asked the festival to play again?

2 minutes ago, Bigglue said:

I don’t know much about this but is it possible to only do stadiums in one country and festival staging for the rest? The events the Stones are rumoured for in Europe are gig-in-a-field type?

If the Stones are in the frame that would sneak right under our nose. If they were lining up European festivals no one here would discuss it as a possibility because we were sold on Macca right through to December. I can see why a Stones June/July festival tour would be an oversight.

If they were looking specifically at festivals perhaps they asked the festival to play again?

I doubt it’s a festival tour. I think it might have been something they were looking at previously but now they are not. There’s only one UK festival they can do and the horse has bolted on most European ones.

The info was presented as ‘UK and a few European shows’ so it seems like the UK gets the most of it.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I doubt it’s a festival tour. I think it might have been something they were looking at previously but now they are not. There’s only one UK festival they can do and the horse has bolted on most European ones.

The info was presented as ‘UK and a few European shows’ so it seems like the UK gets the most of it.

True. It is comforting to know that if we do lose Macca the festival has options. 

10 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I meant Stormzy but tbh him and The Cure are probably my favourite two headline sets at Glasto.

(I wasn’t being deadly serious saying it was the best of all time)

(That was Muse ‘04)

I was a bit gutted I missed Stormzy, but Interpol are in my top 5 with favourite album ever, so couldn't miss em headline JP. Unfortunately the sound was awful with almost no bass (which is what makes Interpol special) and I'd only give that gig a 6/10 - first time I've ever been disappointed at one of their gigs. Think @Homer enjoyed more than me though, so maybe I was in one of those tiredness lulls you get at Glasto. The Cure, however, were a genuine 10. 

10 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I meant Stormzy but tbh him and The Cure are probably my favourite two headline sets at Glasto.

(I wasn’t being deadly serious saying it was the best of all time)

(That was Muse ‘04)

I was a bit gutted I missed Stormzy, but Interpol are in my top 5 with favourite album ever, so couldn't miss em headline JP. Unfortunately the sound was awful with almost no bass (which is what makes Interpol special) and I'd only give that gig a 6/10 - first time I've ever been disappointed at one of their gigs. Think @Homer enjoyed more than me though, so maybe I was in one of those tiredness lulls you get at Glasto. The Cure, however, were a genuine 10. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I saw Interpol at Leeds Academy the night before Glasto and loved it. So much so that I considered seeing them again at Glasto until the post-gig buzz wore off and I realised there’s no way I’m missing Stormzy.

Mate went to see Interpol and always tells me it was awful, and he loves them.

Only time I’d seen them previously was Leeds 2011* and they were awful then, so I wondered if they’re just not very consistent live. But I think I remember reading that they weren’t in a great place as a band back then and their shows sucked as a consequence. 

*Before the greatest Leeds headline set ever - Origin of Symmetry in full.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah the video of Stockholm Syndrome from Glasto 04 is a regular YouTube watch.

2010 looked boring on TV and 2016 utter dogshit.

Let’s hope 2022 is a return to form.