2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, remember that so well, I think the comment from the band was Fuck em . Michael Eavis arrived in his Land Rover to supervise the spreading of more straw and wood chips at the front of the stage which delayed the start. He watched the band from the side.  Made us forget about the mud and that vote and realise we were mostly all of the same mind. We enjoyed 2016 just as much as any other year. 

He very clearly enunciated "them" as far as I recall. "Fuck em" sounds too flippant for that shower of shite. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Or @vintagelaureate where he had ofsted turn up as he was about to leave for the festival 

@vintagelaureate, I feel your pain. Did it make you miss much of the festival?

A company that I'd worked for previously had made me drive to Bracknell from Wakefield, on the day we were setting off for the festival, for a meeting that I didn't really need to attend. Really messed up our plans.

Needless to say, I was looking for a job elsewhere as soon as I returned. I never forgave my boss and made it clear in my exit interview why I was going.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah it was a really surreal feeling around the site that day, everything felt kinda flat for ages. I can't remember who opened at the Other Stage but they mentioned something about it too.

James if I remember correctly, they were delayed going on because tractors were dropping hay over the flooded field 🤣 

I’m sure loads of people have a similar story - I awoke on that brexit morning a bit the worse for wear at 8am courtesy of one too many pints of brothers on the Thursday night, and my mate belled me to tell me the news - he was close to tears with frustration at it all, the poor fucker. I gently woke up the four tents we were camped with and let them know - we boiled the kettle and put the world to rights over a morning tea, and then decided that rum was the temporary solution to our ills. Shitfaced by 11am 🤣

Edited by balti-pie

It was such a weird experience. 2016 was my 3rd time at Glastonbury and I was starting to feel like I 'got' it, what veer that is and then with the build up on here with the line up and then the week of flooding and just wanting to get on the festival site itself. Waking up Friday morning to hear the neighbours we hanged with the night before talking about it, me and my partner at the time pulled ourselves out of the tent and grabbed our chairs and sat with them for a solid 30-40 minutes just talking about what happens now. 

I remember someone telling me outside a toastie stand at 4am that it was gonna be leave. He seemed quite drunk/high so took it as a bit of a wind up. Then 4 hours later woke up hearing voices outside our tent in tears. Such a weird time but remember being overwhelmed with the unity on site over the weekend, the glasto free press had a couple of brilliant headlines dotted around and I felt the crowds felt more together. 

was camping opposite the other stage and woke up to "as if we fucking voted leave, is this a joke" . popped my head out the tent and said "come on dont wake me up with a scary comment like that"...

the weather, brexit... but 2016 was special despite all of it.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Leftfield for Billy Bragg's set was incredible. If he'd have asked us to march on parliament by the end we'd have taken the fuckers down.

Yep. I was there too. I was with you.

Funny memory, a bloke in front of me, obviously a brexit supporter was wingeing about Billy Bragg in the leftfield tent being ‘too political, it’s a music festival!’.  he didn’t last long  😂

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Can someone cut and paste or screenshot it? I ain't clicking on that link.

AS one of pop’s top names, Taylor Swift's headline performance at the cancelled Glastonbury 2020 was going to be a huge moment in music.

But I can reveal the Shake It Off singer will not play this year’s event, despite much of the old line-up rolling over

Many had assumed Taylor would return, following an incredible two years in which she has scored four No1 album

Glastonbury has twice been cancelled due to Covid but Taylor has now said she will give this year’s event a miss as she focuses on re-recording her back catalogue.

A music insider said: “Taylor politely declined when she was approached because the timing just isn’t right at the moment.

“Of course she would absolutely love to headline at some point. It is still on her bucket list but performing isn’t her priority right now.

“She has old albums which she is still working on re- recording and getting those finished is her priority.”

Billie Eilish has already been confirmed to headline on the Friday night, while Kendrick will close the festival on the Sunday. The identity of the Saturday night headliner is still being kept under wraps.

Diana Ross has been confirmed for the Sunday afternoon Legends slot, while Little Simz is the only other act to have been announced by organisers.

Noel Gallagher, Haim and Crowded House are also expected on the line-up.

Earlier this week, American rock band Nine Inch Nails announced two shows in Cornwall for the week before the festival, prompting many to believe they will make their big return to Glasto, having performed there in 2000.

Organiser Emily Eavis has said she will be announcing the line-up next month. As my favourite weekend of the year, I have every faith it will be an absolute belter — even though Taylor will be sorely missed

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

Earlier this week, American rock band Nine Inch Nails announced two shows in Cornwall for the week before the festival, prompting many to believe they will make their big return to Glasto, having performed there in 2000.

lol they are reading here

Exactly what I was gonna say