2021 New Music

dentalplan

just to say if anyone's been listening to For Those I Love a lot. Maybe be careful with over listening to it if you've dealt with suicidal thoughts yourself in the past. Whilst some people find it beneficial to hear people's experiences of suicide in music, if I listen to an album with those themes too much it can set off a chain reaction that spreads outside of the album and into everyday life. So i have to limit myself and not over do listening to certain albums on repeat. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chawk said:

just to say if anyone's been listening to For Those I Love a lot. Maybe be careful with over listening to it if you've dealt with suicidal thoughts yourself in the past. Whilst some people find it beneficial to hear people's experiences of suicide in music, if I listen to an album with those themes too much it can set off a chain reaction that spreads outside of the album and into everyday life. So i have to limit myself and not over do listening to certain albums on repeat. 

Yep that's a fair point I'm going to be looking for some uplifting stuff myself soon as everything I have read and listened to recently has been quite heavy. I'm listening to 6 Music's Pop day as quite a nice counterbalance to it at the moment. 

It's actually one of my problems with the It's ok not to be ok message. It should be more it's ok to say you're not ok and get help but too many people spend too much time talking to people about it but the wrong people. People need to talk to people who can help them get out of that place and get the help they need and too often end up talking to people who enable their thoughts etc rather than getting the help they need. 

14 hours ago, Chawk said:

I had a similar experience after binging Bojack Horseman. It's great, but the sadness really wears you down after a while.

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I had a similar experience after binging Bojack Horseman. It's great, but the sadness really wears you down after a while.

My favourite animated series of all time. Just gets better as it goes on

To keep it relevant to this thread The Offspring have put out another song, think the upcoming album might be worth skipping

This is the day I’ve been waiting for! Today marks the return of my favourite band (and the most underrated act of the last 10 years imo!). New Glasvegas album sounding as important as I’d hoped. I had my vaccine yesterday and I can barely move at the moment so my plan is to lay here and soak this up for as long as my ears allow!!

New album by the Scottish band The Snuts finally out today as well-not everyone’s cup of tea I’m sure but they are hotly tippped on the indie scene...

1 hour ago, EssexIndie said:

New album by the Scottish band The Snuts finally out today as well-not everyone’s cup of tea I’m sure but they are hotly tippped on the indie scene...

Just giving this a listen - really enjoying it. Nothing groundbreaking, but a nice listen. Thanks for bringing these up!

Edited by st dan

1 hour ago, EssexIndie said:

This is the day I’ve been waiting for! Today marks the return of my favourite band (and the most underrated act of the last 10 years imo!). New Glasvegas album sounding as important as I’d hoped. I had my vaccine yesterday and I can barely move at the moment so my plan is to lay here and soak this up for as long as my ears allow!!

I loved the first Glasvegas album. Saw them on a festival poster line up recently and was surprised they were still a band.

Thought the singer was trying to self sabotage as he didn't like success. Went to a free gig that was meant to be promoting their second album and he said we're only going to play songs of the first album as the new one is shit. Then someone came on stage, gave him a stern warning and they played some new songs, but he kept apologising for having to play them and saying his hands were tied.

Remember it being in the news as the singer had disappeared during the height of their fame whilst they were on tour and he didn't come across that well when he was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Hopefully he's in a better place. Will definitely check out the new album (don't think I ever actually gave the 2nd album a proper chance as their own singer convinced me it wasn't worth listening too 😂)