2021 New Music

dentalplan

I gave up on their last album pretty quickly and thought they’d just ran out of steam, but Tune-Yards new album is really good! The long wait and mixed reception to the last album seems to have killed any momentum in popularity they had going so it’s probably gonna fall under the radar for most, but I highly suggest it if you’ve had even a passing interest in them in the past.

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I gave up on their last album pretty quickly and thought they’d just ran out of steam, but Tune-Yards new album is really good! The long wait and mixed reception to the last album seems to have killed any momentum in popularity they had going so it’s probably gonna fall under the radar for most, but I highly suggest it if you’ve had even a passing interest in them in the past.

The singles have been good. Looking forward to them at APE now too.

Given the Antler Album - Green to Gold a go now and some lovely stuff on there which I will be coming back to.

ep OX-Eye by April Bourne (I was born in April so gave it a go) very much liking this. Slice of synth pop/soundscape that had me interested through out. The fact that he has released on track on a playable postcard has the collector in me twitching (however trying to be better this year)

Rone and Friends - Now the track Breathe In will be my favorite track of 2021 I reckon (bold statement so early on in the year). Skipped through the album on it's release on Friday and wasn't sure at all. However, due to another track popping up on shuffle, on Saturday I gave it a proper listen. Brilliant, Vinyl bought and will be repeated on many a sunny evening. Not to everyones taste I very much doubt but I am loving it. Electronic music with all guest vocals

26 minutes ago, zahidf said:

My bloody valentine announcement Weds

Seems like their stuff is coming to streaming services and they’re working with Domino Records, but hopefully there’s more to it than that and we’ve got new music on the horizon too.

edit: looks like a new MBV record is certainly in the works and has been/is being recorded as well as remasters of old stuff + stuff seemingly going to streaming. From producer Andy Savours website:

He has also been recording the new album for MY BLOODY VALENTINE and worked with KEVIN SHIELDS on remastering ‘loveless’ and ‘isn’t anything’ for Vinyl.

https://andysavours.com

Edited by FloorFiller

Saw this reviewed on pitchfork last week and have been surprised by how much I love it despite the singers questionable vocal abilities. I also love the fact that a musician in Seoul can record an album and get worldwide exposure when even his own parents don't know he writes music. Technology can be a wonderful thing.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

For Those I Love has totally floored me. An absolute masterpiece.

Yep I listened to it again a couple of times yesterday. It's something special. Made me quite sad for his friend. If someone loves you enough to make that tribute you definitely had something to live for.