U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Anyone know when we expect Florida to declare their result? Reading online and it’s not too clear - some sites suggesting around 1am, others later?

My brother in law today voted for Biden in Florida! This is the first time he’s voted in his life 

Most of the rest of the family (bar 2) voted trump but we will ignore that.

Florida is a real swing state!

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I just worry that if Biden wins, people will see it as "enough" and then the majority apart from the radicals will give up fighting for change. Honestly I think their system needs a lot of change, and a lot of guillotine

yeah, have to see how it goes. Sanders/Warren/AOC etc have offered Biden a lot of support...so he owes them...so, we'll have to see what happens. Biden isn't stupid, he knows he is a transitional president who has been put there to defeat Trump.

US is a big country though...would be a major thing for a left/green movement to take over the running of the country. Can't manage it in UK, so not sure if will happen there anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ah to be young listening to rage against the machine

Eh, I just think it's lame that people advocate for not!change. The centrists are class enemies just as much as the "right wing fascists", difference is they're better at pretending they're on our side. Like yaaaas,  some celebs told us to VOTE BIDEN, that must mean he's a good person and cares about me! lmao

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Helen. 

of Troy?

• Downvote 1

#USElection2020 EMOTIVE algorithm predicts TRUMP WIN -1day from Twitter analysis

@lborouniversity correctly predicted the outcome of the last #USElection & last 4 UK General Elections. 

EMOTIVE team (@Um_Taz @martinsykora  @ProfTomJackson) @FoxNews @CNN @BBCBreaking

528AF450-2650-4597-AB4F-334B2CFBD6ED.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Eh, I just think it's lame that people advocate for not!change. The centrists are class enemies just as much as the "right wing fascists", difference is they're better at pretending they're on our side. Like yaaaas,  some celebs told us to VOTE BIDEN, that must mean he's a good person and cares about me! lmao

of Troy?

Another Helen. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, morph100 said:

USElection2020 EMOTIVE algorithm predicts TRUMP WIN -1day from Twitter analysis

Does this mean that based on the count from day 1 that Trump leads?

We already know that most of the Biden votes will come from postal votes so this is going to be a slow burn election. 

20 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Centrists ain’t class enemies mate. I think people who are left leaning just learn that meeting in the middle is often the best for the progression of a country. Not everyone likes hard left policies.

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You are young.

Thanks hunni 

11 hours ago, jparx said:

Yeah I think you’re right.

Doesn’t seem the actions of someone confident of winning in the end though, does it? 

No it doesn't. It's the actions of a spoilt child.

3 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Is there an exit poll or similar that we can look forward to at least? Would like to stay up for it but if it's only a few key states declaring today then not sure if it's worth it.

Just watching CNN & they are showing a countdown to first exit polls are due at 5 PM ET, which is 10 PM our time.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Centrists ain’t class enemies mate. I think people who are left leaning just learn that meeting in the middle is often the best for the progression of a country. Not everyone likes hard left policies.

Why would we want to meet in the middle? Don't want any of that centrist or righty muck bringing down good progressive ideals