U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

34 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I have no idea what a Helen is. Is it like another sort of Karen?

For some reason, rather than just downvote people, he feels the need to then post that he’s downvoted you and for some reason calls it a ‘Helen’. I have no idea why.

34 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Does this mean that based on the count from day 1 that Trump leads?

We already know that most of the Biden votes will come from postal votes so this is going to be a slow burn election. 

Twitter analysis from yesterday, one day before voting. Praying the bots have screwed our algorithm for the first time in five attempts at predicting, cause it’s not been wrong before 

What witchcraft is this?! I wouldn’t trust this not to break my phone or keep me awake all night, but for those interested:

Tonight, get live US election results right on your phone’s lock screen

A message from Guardian deputy editor Jane Spencer: 

The Guardian is offering readers a unique way to get live, up-to-the minute election results delivered to their smartphones. 

This alert will be one of the fastest ways to receive election results on Tuesday and beyond. Sign up now. 

When results start coming in tonight, we’ll send a single mobile alert that will automatically update with the latest national vote count data over the course of the night. Without a tap, a search or the opening of an app, you can follow the vote tally and key developments live on your phone’s lock screen. (That’s the screen on your phone when you’re not actively using it.)

The alert is available free worldwide on both iOS and Android devices to anyone who downloads the Guardian’s mobile app. If you’re in the US, and you’re signed up for breaking news notifications in the app already, you don’t need to do anything – you’ll automatically receive the live election alert. But if you need to download the app or you’re not already signed up to receive notifications, you can follow the steps outlined here

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/29/live-us-election-results-app-alert-guardian

We need one of these for lineup/poster day!

Edited by Mr.Tease

Just now, Matt42 said:

Because most good progressive ideals don’t benefit some people

People like who? No ideals are going to be perfect for everybody, but at least progressive ideals benefit the majority, even if they don't quite realise it yet. Those it doesn't help i.e. greedy capitalist bastards, don't really matter anyway

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

People like who? No ideals are going to be perfect for everybody, but at least progressive ideals benefit the majority, even if they don't quite realise it yet. Those it doesn't help i.e. greedy capitalist bastards, don't really matter anyway

But they have power and influence. Meeting in the middle is about the art of the possible.