U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

my plan much like stu above is go to bed as normal probably wake up at some point and check my phone .... then realise its nearly 5 and I haven't slept well ...get up for work and either go to work very grumpy or just mildly grumpy 

Yeah, not exactly a plan, more an admission that my plan of getting a good night's sleep is doomed to failure.

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

A while back I remember watching the news and they had footage from America where some white racists had turned up to "defend" a statue from BLM protestors. Then a black militia turned up to defend the BLM protestors. Both sides looked like proper armies.

I remember watching it and thinking that country is heading for a civil war. Seeing that video reminded of it. You don't need to board up buildings before an election result in any stable democracy.

I genuinely think we might be seeing the equivalent of Rome falling in our live time in terms of American world domination ending and I don't think it's going to be pretty.

They won't go quietly though - at the first serious sign of internal conflict they'll take that anger and push it outwards. I just hope we don't get caught up in whatever that entails...

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm going to try to get sleep as normal, get up for a piss and then fail to sleep for the rest of the night.

Sounds just like me, it’s only at Glastonbury I don’t need to get up and go to the bog thanks to the en suite comfort bottle.  I’ve never waited up for a US election before but will watch this one even if it’s just to watch the republican faces when Hopefully trump gets ousted. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

6 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I won't be staying up as I have my 2nd heart operation early Thursday morning, so I need my sleep. Not sure which I fear most: dying on the operating table or 4 more years of Trump! 😄

Best of luck.

Incidentally, I always think of these when I see your user name, did you ever see Punk's Not Dad at Glastonbury? 

I mean, the 2016 polling was actually pretty accurate on a national level iirc (definitely within the limits of error), it just didnt factor in the Electoral College messing things up.

I'm debating staying up, but equally a lot of the swing states probably aren't going to be declaring for another week or so (as far as I am aware, the only swing states we are expecting to hear results from tonight really are Florida, Arizona and North Carolina? All the rest werent allowed to start counting early and postal votes before today/yesterday so will take a while for them to verify and count everything)

8 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

What’s better drama for my buck:

Option A: Stay up till 3am

Option B: Start at 3am

Start at 3am. You’ll get a far better picture of what’s actually gonna happen - things will largely just be getting started before then.

Edited by FloorFiller
Words

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Is there an exit poll or similar that we can look forward to at least? Would like to stay up for it but if it's only a few key states declaring today then not sure if it's worth it.

There isn't an exit poll but you will continue to have projections through the night where it gives you a reliable idea of who's going to win and where