Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

Sad times for those of us without tickets but totally understandable from the festivals pov - whether it’s a capacity reducing measure or just because the 2021 festival is so uncertain atm.  

I’m clinging onto the hope that things are very different as we go into summer 2021.. 

Thinking logically about the apparently shelved October sale, if GF do not need the money then in a time of great uncertainty there is no need to have one. I recall having read somewhere on a forum thread that ticket sale proceeds are not released by See to GF until the months proceeding the festival itself. If so this would further my train of thought.

We need also to remember the October deposit/April balance ticket system was introduced ca. 12 years in response to a flagging one-off ticket sale held in April. In creating a lower entry threshold to obtaining a ticket it has helped fans buy in to going to Glasto. Most other large festivals do not have such a system and still operate full price tickets sales in the year of the event.

So in the current climate, with no prosect of a return to mass gatherings on the horizon, limited/reduced international travel, fan & performer attendence uncertain and with an established procedure for selling tickets in 2021, hosting a new sale in October benefits only us ardent fans desperate to get a golden ticket.

6 hours ago, Scotdy said:

Glastonbury is a business. The primary goal is to sell tickets. The ticket stress theory is way off the mark. They either haven't had enough returns to justify the costs of a Oct sale, or, as I would guess, they are holding out to see if the festival will be on next year.

Every ticket refund will generate a small outgoing cost to the festival, so why increase the costs by having a sale in October if the business needs to issue refunds a few months later along with negative PR. 

As much as they are a business they do have a heart behind it. Same as to how they felt the need to announce the initial line up potentially knowing it was going to get scrapped within weeks. And maybe if you read more than the one sentence you couldve seen you just repeated what I said in the rest of the post.

28 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Thinking logically about the apparently shelved October sale, if GF do not need the money then in a time of great uncertainty there is no need to have one. I recall having read somewhere on a forum thread that ticket sale proceeds are not released by See to GF until the months proceeding the festival itself. If so this would further my train of thought.

We need also to remember the October deposit/April balance ticket system was introduced ca. 12 years in response to a flagging one-off ticket sale held in April. In creating a lower entry threshold to obtaining a ticket it has helped fans buy in to going to Glasto. Most other large festivals do not have such a system and still operate full price tickets sales in the year of the event.

So in the current climate, with no prosect of a return to mass gatherings on the horizon, limited/reduced international travel, fan & performer attendence uncertain and with an established procedure for selling tickets in 2021, hosting a new sale in October benefits only us ardent fans desperate to get a golden ticket.

So you mean to tell me all the american festivals that started to use payment plans over a decade ago have been doing it wrong? Maybe research a bit more and see the major ones that now offer minuscule down payments  ( barely £15 after conversion ) just to get people onboard.🤔

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So you mean to tell me all the american festivals that started to use payment plans over a decade ago have been doing it wrong? Maybe research a bit more and see the major ones that now offer minuscule down payments  ( barely £15 after conversion ) just to get people onboard.🤔

I am referring to fests here in the UK where payment plans/deposits have been a relatively new feature. I said nothing about doing it wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Lycra said:

I am referring to fests here in the UK where payment plans/deposits have been a relatively new feature. I said nothing about doing it wrong. 

Other festivals were doing it around 10 years ago here in the UK

Defer to greater knowledge as to when payment plans arrived in UK as alwayd paid in full. Can't remember them being offered at Leeds, Beautiful Days or T.

Be interesting to know how they operating in current climate. Presumably those part way through payment schedule were suspended 🤔

16 hours ago, OG said:

This thread needs to be renamed  "those of us without tickets are fucked, unless we wanna clean toilets"

I came on here tonight to try and brighten my mood after doing four twelve hour shifts this week, obviously hasn't worked, I'm going to watch the Johnny cash, Hurt video to cheer me up

My feelings in a nutshell 

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

After a conversation this afternoon with someone on the inside , it would appear it’s more to do with insurance, than all the other factors that have been discussed at length on here 

That's always the way.  I know we like to discuss things inside out, but so often the decision comes down to insurance, licences, permission and H&S.  It's far less exciting than tour schedules though!

• 3 months later...

As next year's festival season is looking like it's going to be taking another big hit due to this orrible covid 19 I'd personally REALLY REALLY like Mr E and the team to roll our glastonbury tickets over for another year.. 

It's got to help them just keeping it in the band getting interest.... 

1 minute ago, Redwinevino said:

What I would worry about is what they do if they have to do 2022 with reduced numbers

If there's enough restrictions in place by 2022 that it impacts on numbers in any possible way, then what I'd worry about is the food riots, and the general societal collapse.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, incident said:

If there's enough restrictions in place by 2022 that it impacts on numbers in any possible way, then what I'd worry about is the food riots, and the general societal collapse.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

if summer 2022 is like this then we will have bigger problems than Glasto

Fair points, but do you see this Government of clowns getting us out of this by 2022?

Glad there's a thread for this. I'd like to think that in the event 2021 does go ahead, an option will be given to roll over tickets anyway, for people who either can't get there (us international folk) and people who'd rather not risk it, given only a fraction of the population will be vaccinated by June (and even then, we don't know how long the vaccine immunises people for).