Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

I'm not sure how others feel but I'd be gutted if glastonbury festival could not roll my ticket over again.. I know there hasn't been any official announcement but I do fear that one is on its way.. 

I reckon there may be a lot of people that might just want there money back but I'm also sure alot of people would be more than happy to just leave the money in Mr Es bank and hope for a brighter future. 

Edited by guypjfreak

Guy, I`m with you on this 100%. I suspect most people with tickets would be especially as we are only talking about the £50 deposit.

There will always be people who were going because it was the 50th but they should be able to get a refund.

There will also be an issue with some who planned on taking children who in 2020 qualified for a free tic but won`t in 2022 (if 2021 doesn't happen).   

17 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm not sure how others feel but I'd be gutted if glastonbury festival could not roll my ticket over again.. I know there hasn't been any official announcement but I do fear that one is on its way.. 

Would be no earlier than spring. Festivals are just starting to announce lineups for next year, not cancellations.

If the tickets were to be rolled over another year to 2022 then i'd be inclined to leave mine in the pot. it would be a very sad day if 1) 2021 is cancelled 2) they didn't roll them over again, but i am determined to go at least one further time, this would be my 8th , at 58 i wouldn't mind celebrating my 60th there.

Sounds like you’re having a bit of a panic attack matey. See the other threads - we are quite a way off a decision being made on this, and probably closer to a headliner  announcement than a cancellation announcement. 

The great toilet duck is always my barometer for optimism and he remains confident we’ll be there next year.

Deep breaths, and see you on the Farm next year!

• Upvote 2

Not a chance that a decision to cancel would be made until after all the vaccine candidates with the potential to deliver wide distribution before about next April/May had all struck out. Which means the decision isn't coming this calendar year and hopefully not at all.

And obviously any decision on tickets wouldn't be made until around then, as what the future looks like at that point will be an important factor in what they decide to do.

Guy ... the festival have been good once and no reason they won’t be again ... there will be natural dropouts allowing the resale team some hope too ... I’d love for those to have tickets to retain them and very much think they will ... no reason to piss that chunk of people off so why would they ... 

7 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

So imagine you missed out on 2020 tickets which were riled over but you get lucky in the October sale. 

then the festival is cancelled next year and they cancel the deposits for the next year rather than rolling over. Is that fair?

I’m sure the would just roll over all successfull purchases whenever they were purchased 

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

So imagine you missed out on 2020 tickets which were riled over but you get lucky in the October sale. 

then the festival is cancelled next year and they cancel the deposits for the next year rather than rolling over. Is that fair?

Assuming there is a sale in October then no, that wouldn’t be fair at all. They won’t let 2019 October ticket buyers roll over but not let 2020 October ticket buyers do the same. The question is whether there is a sale in October or not.

There would’ve also been a fair number of first timers amongst 2020 ticket holders. It would be a terrible message to allow them to roll them over to 2020, then cancel them for 2021, placing non 2020 first timers at an increased advantage by making those tickets available.

Not rolling over would also mean having to refund the cash committed to Worthy View, sticklinch, Tipis etc. Another  administrative problem.  Then there’s the issue of refunding a payment when the original card used has expired. Much easier to just roll over again with of course the alternative option to ask for a refund.  

50 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Assuming there is a sale in October then no, that wouldn’t be fair at all. They won’t let 2019 October ticket buyers roll over but not let 2020 October ticket buyers do the same. The question is whether there is a sale in October or not.

There would’ve also been a fair number of first timers amongst 2020 ticket holders. It would be a terrible message to allow them to roll them over to 2020, then cancel them for 2021, placing non 2020 first timers at an increased advantage by making those tickets available.

At the moment the festival is saying there will be an October sale. No date yet though. Guess it somewhat depends on the amount of returns.

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

At the moment the festival is saying there will be an October sale. No date yet though. Guess it somewhat depends on the amount of returns.

Once the September 15 cut off date has passed they will know more. Always reckoned it will be a sale on the normal early October date. 

9 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Hmmm, well here in Melbourne we're in stage 4 lockdown. The idea of travling between suburbs seems exotic. 

Glasto 2021 seems a total pipe dream.

But alot can change in a few months.

I see New Zealand is now 100 days free of the virus, have they done anything different to Oz or is it a case of they have had less cases?

22 hours ago, jparx said:

The great toilet duck is always my barometer for optimism and he remains confident we’ll be there next year.

There’s someone more optimistic than me? Mine is based on blind faith that it will be happening rather than the science though. 

• Upvote 1