Please Mr Eavis roll our tickets over to 2022

guypjfreak

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I disagree on this one. Glastonbury is particularly vulnerable because of its huge size, early date and duration. For instance a 5000 attendance day festival in August bank holiday is very likely to be fine, but not only is Glastonbury a couple of months earlier, but it's huge and very long.

Basically, as far as festivals go, Glastonbury has everything going against it, I can't think of an earlier*, larger or longer festival.

* There are earlier festivals, but as far as I know they're all pretty small.

I reckon only Sziget in Hungary has more against it due to the length, international draw and huge size (over 500k people over the week). Rosklide too maybe due to length although I imagine Denmark probably have it quite down

12 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Not sure how expensive it would be and I imagine I’m in dreamland but those anti-bac sprays the basketballers were walking through... Could they be dotted around the site at major events?like Glastonbury? Would that even help?

Probably wouldn't make much difference to be fair. It's not bacterial for one.

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

I reckon only Sziget in Hungary has more against it due to the length, international draw and huge size (over 500k people over the week). Rosklide too maybe due to length although I imagine Denmark probably have it quite down

You're probably right on those, I was thinking more about UK festivals, but Sziget does sound worse.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You're probably right on those, I was thinking more about UK festivals, but Sziget does sound worse.

Sziget is also right in the centre of a dense city of 2 million people. It is on an island with a single point of entry but a large number of attendees stay off island and enter and leave each day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Not sure how expensive it would be and I imagine I’m in dreamland but those anti-bac sprays the basketballers were walking through... Could they be dotted around the site at major events?like Glastonbury? Would that even help?

Regard these as a publicity statement we're doing something rather than a solution. We humans carry and propagate the virus internally and spread when we talk and breathe into the air. Transmission via surface contact to thought to play a much lesser role if good basic hygiene to used. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m not really sure anything has changed since the poll ... if anything vaccines have become more likely ... yes the timescales are tight and a concern but that would have always been the case 

I agree. We have 2 treatments now, better testing and testing will only get better. If they cancel summer events next summer then they’ll be cancelling everything which they won’t do. I really think the festival will go ahead next summer just with tight parameters in place ie 2 negative PCR tests in the week before the festival. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ah sod it lets go for 2025 ... or is that a fallow year ? :) 

I know that was a joke, but for anyone who doesn't know (I think most of you do :)) , the fallows have been reset this year - it's not written into the license or anything, so we're not going to get caught out being able to have a festival and then being stymied because of fallow years. We'll have a good run of them once COVID allows 😃

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know that was a joke, but for anyone who doesn't know (I think most of you do :)) , the fallows have been reset this year - it's not written into the license or anything, so we're not going to get caught out being able to have a festival and then being stymied because of fallow years. We'll have a good run of them once COVID allows 😃

yep for sure ... hopefully this year has just become the fallow and the run will be from next  year onwards ... so effectively we haven't lost anything at all .... just a slight delay on the excitement 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well that's good news!

Could you imagine.. we finally get to go back after 12 years of no festival and then its a fallow :lol:

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep for sure ... hopefully this year has just become the fallow and the run will be from next  year onwards ... so effectively we haven't lost anything at all .... just a slight delay on the excitement 

I'm almost positive that's how it works. They described 2020 as "an enforced fallow". I think @eFestivals confirmed it too - we'll have a normal run of five years whenever we return, rather than 2024 being a fallow, assuming civilization has not collapsed by then!

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Well that's good news!

Could you imagine.. we finally get to go back after 12 years of no festival and then its a fallow :lol:

Never mind possible future headliner, By then Billy Eilish would be doing the Sunday tea time slot and the1975 headlining the acoustic. 

And I would be........I dread to think😁

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm almost positive that's how it works. They described 2020 as "an enforced fallow". I think @eFestivals confirmed it too - we'll have a normal run of five years whenever we return, rather than 2024 being a fallow, assuming civilization has not collapsed by then!

yep thats how I took it :) ..... 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never mind possible future headliner, By then Billy Eilish would be doing the Sunday tea time slot and the1975 headlining the acoustic. 

And I would be........I dread to think😁

thanks for putting them on the line up for me tho :) 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

taking beautiful photos still :) 

aw yes, this!!! :D 

3 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm just taking each day as it comes currently, not letting myself get my hopes up or be to despondent. It's still quite far away plus we should arrange a meet up if smaller gatherings are allowed by this point.

yep for sure ... has been discussed in the resale thread I think .... best not do cornwall though as im imagining all those efest member traffic jams and parking issues :)