Future of festivals...

Sawdusty surfer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The image is from The Great Escape festivals website, they appears to think it can go ahead with little to no restrictions. This festival is mostly inside pubs, cars and clubs in Brighton. 

3AEE427E-FCF5-4C07-A9E6-B16A489DBE34.jpeg

That hasn't been updated since last year. Doesn't really mean anything alas

On 2/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, Ozanne said:

The image is from The Great Escape festivals website, they appears to think it can go ahead with little to no restrictions. This festival is mostly inside pubs, cars and clubs in Brighton. 

3AEE427E-FCF5-4C07-A9E6-B16A489DBE34.jpeg

You been? I didn't think it was all that when I went. We were on a stag do though, so maybe it just didn't fit with that. I thought I got a lot more for my money at Camden Crawl.

15 minutes ago, Homer said:

You been? I didn't think it was all that when I went. We were on a stag do though, so maybe it just didn't fit with that. I thought I got a lot more for my money at Camden Crawl.

Yeah I’ve been every year for nearly 10 years now. Some years the music isn’t as good as others but generally speaking I have a blast. 

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah I’ve been every year for nearly 10 years now. Some years the music isn’t as good as others but generally speaking I have a blast. 

Yeah, found it too hard to get into things. Alabama Shakes were headlining the year I went. Whereas amden Crawl I got to see Lemonheads, Simian Mobile Disco, Guillomots, Dutch Uncles and a few others,

41 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Did Glasto jump the gun this year? 

They’re just protecting themselves against what could happen and also ensuring their survival. It’ll be irrelevant whether the festival could have ended up going ahead. The right call was made at the necessary time. 

It also means that other events will now be the litmus test instead. 

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, found it too hard to get into things. Alabama Shakes were headlining the year I went. Whereas amden Crawl I got to see Lemonheads, Simian Mobile Disco, Guillomots, Dutch Uncles and a few others,

I’ve no idea how the festival will manage it if we have to socially distance, those venue in Brighton can be so small! 

49 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Did Glasto jump the gun this year? 

No, they didn't.

There was no chance of Glastonbury when they made the decision and there's still no chance today.

June is too soon for 10,000 people, let alone 200,000 people.

The Isle of Wight guy is being positive but he must know there's no chance for them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Any bets on who'll be the first act to play a gig to 10k+ people? It will obviously just be a quirk of timing but I bet that'll be some rush.

They've had a few in NZ. My wife finds it hilarious that Auckland is now the centre of the world on the nightlife front. Apparently some decidedly average domestic bands are playing to huge crowds!

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

They've had a few in NZ. My wife finds it hilarious that Auckland is now the centre of the world on the nightlife front. Apparently some decidedly average domestic bands are playing to huge crowds!

I meant in the UK but that's immense. Fair play to them, given loss in GDP from external tourism I suppose replacing it internally is a good thing!

18 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Imagining a newly skint Liam Gallagher after blowing his millions on lockdown jigsaws and sourdough flour.

I think Noel enjoys the fact that he can piss Liam off too much by not doing it to do it. It's like ignoring your annoying ex. Also, he doesn't need to and they were fairly crap in the end anyway.