When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ozanne said:

They are saying it's precautionary in case he needs a ventilator, according to Sky News anyway.

When they took him into hospital it was for "percautionary tests" but it was clearly because he was too sick to be at home.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Spokesperson on the news said he’s not yet on a ventilator and he has just been taken to intensive care as a precaution.

The fact that he’s had it for 10 days now, hasn't managed to fight it off and it has in fact deteriorated further can’t be good though.  

Yeah, that's downplaying it. No one is in ICU on a precaution at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They are saying it's precautionary in case he needs a ventilator, according to Sky News anyway.

Comms seem to be building up to it since yesterday night - all this talk of precautions but I think we all knew where this was going

Hope he pulls through, this country is already a powder keg and this could be the thing to set it off 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 hours ago, ivan said:

Masks could be the new plastic bags in terms of being dumped everywhere and another thing not to be flushed down the loo !

We have that issue with disposable gloves across the pond. People have no consideration that theyre still littering and possibly leaving contaminated material on the streets.

No need to buy a mask, make them and you wash them as you please. Plenty of diy videos already out there. One issue in the u.s is that the general public started to hoard the N95 masks and those should be set aside for healthcare workers. Besides, those masks do not work correctly if you dont go through the correct sizing and testing front line healthcare workers do.

As mentioned by others, covering your face will have an effect of slowing transmission via droplets even if its not the highest level of protective covering. 

Japan has had everyone masks for a while and they just declared their state of emergency because their numbers finally began to ramp up.

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

ICU means ventilators doesnt it?...

Maybe, but it’s just an even higher level of care being provided for him even though you figure he was already receiving a lot before moving to the ICU. They’ll be even more ready if he has to have it. Before he gets put on a vent theyll have to sort out whats what on Downing since he would be incapacitated.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Maybe, but it’s just an even higher level of care being provided for him even though you figure he was already receiving a lot before moving to the ICU. They’ll be even more ready if he has to have it. Before he gets put on a vent theyll have to sort out whats what on Downing since he would be incapacitated.

Rabb is deputising and as earlier seems likely that he has been since sunday from his slip in the press conference that he hasn't spoken to boris since Saturday 

9 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

lets hope the medics treating Boris are a bit more reasoned than this woman,

Let’s hope this video follows her everywhere she goes and keeps her away from anything important, like looking after ill  people. Vile woman.

Edited by Smeble
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yeah, posts like that are going to age like milk.  I've been constantly very careful about my words as best I can even on anonymous forums such as this and don't post anything on public facing social media because I'm an active member of the Labour party and there are strict rules you need to abide by if you want to get on in that.  There are plenty of people willing to make vile statements for shock value who seem to be unaware of the impact of that on their potential future, I'd be glad to see some of those people get strung up by the court of public disapproval if it helps to improve discourse in the digital age.

Starmer has indeed announced a really strong team with some excellent choices of very capable people.  I'd have no problem at all with forgetting about things like parties and the normal running of parliament but I just can't see that it's got any legs because of the need to bring in new staff, ideologies or ways of working into the live situation that doesn't really have any time to spare for things like transition.  The people in the job have to focus on priorities alone.

14 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

lets hope the medics treating Boris are a bit more reasoned than this woman,

You're posting a video of someone protesting against an unarguably unpleasant Prime Minister at a time before any of us had even heard of Covid19.  At the time she was protesting, the world was coming to terms with the fact we'd just been lumbered with a populist, ruthless, right-wing Government, that had lied and prorogued its way into power.

For you now to be sharing this photo, along with a swipe at the antifa movement, is disgusting.  Don't forget what 'antifa' actually means - anti fascist.  It's amazing how many people forget that when they're being cajoled into picking up their pitch-forks and burning torches by the alt-right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

but I just can't see that it's got any legs because of the need to bring in new staff, ideologies or ways of working into the live situation that doesn't really have any time to spare for things like transition.  The people in the job have to focus on priorities alone.

It has been done as war was breaking out, and I meant as an emergency measure.  A full programme of government would not be needed.

43 minutes ago, zahidf said:

ICU means ventilators doesnt it?...

Typically, it’s the ratio of nursing staff to patients. General wards should be about 5-10 patients each, HDU 2-4 patients each, ICU should be one to one. Lots of hospitals just combine ICU and HDU. Of course, cutbacks screw up all of these ideal ratios and nursing staff (along with all other frontline staff) are stretched very thin.

edit: obviously there’s a lot more to it than that, lots more training etc

Edited by Toilet Duck
Clarification

5 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

You're posting a video of someone protesting against an unarguably unpleasant Prime Minister at a time before any of us had even heard of Covid19.  At the time she was protesting, the world was coming to terms with the fact we'd just been lumbered with a populist, ruthless, right-wing Government, that had lied and prorogued its way into power.

For you now to be sharing this photo, along with a swipe at the antifa movement, is disgusting.  Don't forget what 'antifa' actually means - anti fascist.  It's amazing how many people forget that when they're being cajoled into picking up their pitch-forks and burning torches by the alt-right.

My conduct is disgusting? I just remembered this woman making this comment and thought it relevant as Boris is currently facing the very "horrible disease" she wanted. If being antifascist requires you to wish people dead then that sounds very similar to facism to me.

I have no idea who Andy Ngo is by the way I just searched for the video and found it there.

4 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Typically, it’s the ratio of nursing staff to patients. General wards should be about 5-10 patients each, HDU 2-4 patients each, ICU should be one to one. Lots of hospitals just combine ICU and HDU. Of course, cutbacks screw up all of these ideal ratios and nursing staff (along with all other frontline staff) are stretched very thin.

But surely they won’t be for Boris ? Doesn’t he have his own dr for starters ? 

Just now, gizmoman said:

My conduct is disgusting? I just remembered this woman making this comment and thought it relevant as Boris is currently facing the very "horrible disease" she wanted. If being antifascist requires you to wish people dead then that sounds very similar to facism to me.

I have no idea who Andy Ngo is by the way I just searched for the video and found it there.

I wouldn't trust any of his videos

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/