When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

So we’re just about a year out from Glastonbury and we’re already seeing outdoor concerts start to return.

Feel very confident treat Glastonbury happens near enough as normal next year, with testing and temperature screening being about the extent of the mitigations.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

So we’re just about a year out from Glastonbury and we’re already seeing outdoor concerts start to return.

Feel very confident treat Glastonbury happens near enough as normal next year, with testing and temperature screening being about the extent of the mitigations.

I have very little doubt about Glastonbury happening now .... its full steam ahead with the economy reopening now .... and at last I can get my nails done ....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sunak is one of the worst for me. His "I'm just an ordinary guy, woo Nandos, pubs, Wagamama" shtick makes me want to hurl. Amount of people that seem to fall for it too.

100% agree with you. The devils greatest was making the world believe he didn’t exist. 

Edited by Ozanne
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sunak is one of the worst for me. His "I'm just an ordinary guy, woo Nandos, pubs, Wagamama" shtick makes me want to hurl. Amount of people that seem to fall for it too.

believe me Im not conned by him .... im just able to listen to him without the compulsion to swear and throw things at the Tv like I am with most of the others .... 

Not been watching, but have they said we can start playing team sports from Saturday or have I read this wrong?

Pools, gyms and sports facilities will be able to reopen and team sports and outdoor gigs resume in England, the government has announced.

Outdoor pools and performances can resume from Saturday with social distancing in place, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said.

Beauticians, nail salons and tattooists can also reopen from Monday, he said.

Indoor gyms, sports facilities and pools will be able to reopen from 25 July.

Guidance will be published for team sports to return from Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not been watching, but have they said we can start playing team sports from Saturday or have I read this wrong?

Pools, gyms and sports facilities will be able to reopen and team sports and outdoor gigs resume in England, the government has announced.

Outdoor pools and performances can resume from Saturday with social distancing in place, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said.

Beauticians, nail salons and tattooists can also reopen from Monday, he said.

Indoor gyms, sports facilities and pools will be able to reopen from 25 July.

Guidance will be published for team sports to return from Saturday.

You can play cricket from this Saturday. 

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

He mentioned 5-a-side football but followed it up by saying ‘soon’. End of the month maybe?

Yeah there seems to be a delay on other sports. Cricket can be played more apart than some others I guess. 

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

pushing on the face coverings .... :) 

Sarcasm? They said they are stopping short of making them mandatory in gyms. 

I think this country needs to make them compulsory in shops and get everyone used to wearing them before we even start to think about making them compulsory in more locations.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-oxford-covid-19-study-face-masks-and-coverings-work-act-now#

Edited by FestivalJamie

I can't imagine how face coverings would work in gyms really. Would be difficult to breathe. I think they should be mandatory in shops and on public transport, but I think that gyms will be hard to implement. So you'd have to hope that it's safe enough to open without... 

I guess I'll have two weeks to decide how things are looking on the 25th. Would be up for outside classes more and kind of hoping my gym will utilise some of its outdoor space as I'd just seen one on the news doing.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can't imagine how face coverings would work in gyms really. Would be difficult to breathe. I think they should be mandatory in shops and on public transport, but I think that gyms will be hard to implement. So you'd have to hope that it's safe enough to open without... 

I guess I'll have two weeks to decide how things are looking on the 25th. Would be up for outside classes more and kind of hoping my gym will utilise some of its outdoor space as I'd just seen one on the news doing.

They are mandatory in gyms in Germany, but I agree I wouldn't particularly like to be working out with a mask on. 100% agree that they should be compulsory in shops though, as well as on public transport. I think places like cinema foyers too they should be compulsory.

Just checked and my local gym - Pure, a budget one - says it will reopen on 27th and that it is unlikely that booking slots will be required unless there are particularly busy times. It then reiterates that this is unlikely to happen. This seems a tad dicey being that there are often times (especially evenings after work) when you have to wait to get on machines.

Edited by Homer

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

They are mandatory in gyms in Germany, but I agree I wouldn't particularly like to be working out with a mask on. 100% agree that they should be compulsory in shops though, as well as on public transport. I think places like cinema foyers too they should be compulsory.

Are they? Interesting. Didn't know that.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Are they? Interesting. Didn't know that.

Compulsory to wear one in Germany in any public indoor space; cinemas, theatres, gyms, shops, transport etc. Even when you're in a restaurant or a pub if you aren't sitting at the table you must be wearing one, so you have to put one on to go to the toilet etc.

Seems to be working well for them, hence why I so strongly believe they are effective. They reopened their economy mid-may and haven't seen an increase in cases, and in the UK we can only open ours up at the beginning of July. 

From the start they have been much better in managing the pandemic than we have, better levels of testing, contact tracing, distancing and use of face masks. I personally choose to follow all the rules and examples Angela Merkel sets, rather than the ones the UK government set, even though I don't live in Germany 😅

23 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Sarcasm? They said they are stopping short of making them mandatory in gyms. 

I think this country needs to make them compulsory in shops and get everyone used to wearing them before we even start to think about making them compulsory in more locations.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-oxford-covid-19-study-face-masks-and-coverings-work-act-now#

Well he was asked at least ... I think I’m noticing a slight increase in the uptake over the last week ...  would be interesting if figures start to reflect this 

57 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The worst thing about Sunak for me, is his briefings always start with 10 minutes of kissing his own arse "we have done so much for you people" sorta rhetoric. I liked his first briefing obviously but I think he spends too much time praising himself for giving back our money in a pandemic

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just found the official advice, seems just about impossible to run a festival in any sort of normal way.

I can't say I'm surprised. So much more to a festival (particularly glastonbury) than an average outdoor concert. Lots of small indoor spaces,  the camping element , etc . Really hope some serious progress has been made by the new year 😔