When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Ah, my bad, thought this might be what you were driving at but wasn't sure. I wish you all the best!

Thanks very much, I hope these measures help you out. Overall obviously it's a good thing for businesses that have struggled during the pandemic, but I think i think it's a little optimistic of the government to expect large businesses or chain franchises to treat their staff well. Just look at the business that fired people superquickly at the beginning of this pandemic. Rishi Sunak said the worst hit people are the one giving most help, yet someone furloughed 80 percent of a minimum wage job who is likely to have little or no savings is not being helped more than someone making 80 percent of their 2500 a month. I think the amount of people slipping throught the cracks of this schemes is vastly under represented. Hopefully the under 25 job scheme could be somewhere to look, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's low wage jobs offering 25 hours a week, which essentially will be no different than what we have now

44 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Where’s the 500 pound voucher scheme! Surprised they haven’t announced that. It’s a sure way of gaining approval from the public as well as helping the economy kickstart

Probably too much of a good idea. Doing this would make the government look competent. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

Thanks very much, I hope these measures help you out. Overall obviously it's a good thing for businesses that have struggled during the pandemic, but I think i think it's a little optimistic of the government to expect large businesses or chain franchises to treat their staff well. Just look at the business that fired people superquickly at the beginning of this pandemic. Rishi Sunak said the worst hit people are the one giving most help, yet someone furloughed 80 percent of a minimum wage job who is likely to have little or no savings is not being helped more than someone making 80 percent of their 2500 a month. I think the amount of people slipping throught the cracks of this schemes is vastly under represented. Hopefully the under 25 job scheme could be somewhere to look, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's low wage jobs offering 25 hours a week, which essentially will be no different than what we have now

It's the Tories. "The least well off" are those on £2500 a month or less. 

8 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

And they will. Just not for a couple of years. 

Long term mortgage fixed rates are looking very tempting, IMO.

Barclays currently offering a 1.99% 10 year fixed deal would show just how confident they are that the rates ain’t going up any time soon. 

3 hours ago, Cream Soda said:

I thought that was true?  There's been confusion about this from the WHO as recently as just a few weeks ago.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238473-you-could-be-spreading-the-coronavirus-without-realising-youve-got-it/

That is from March, citing a Chinese study from January. We don’t k ow how common it is but it’s been known as a possibility for some time.

17 minutes ago, st dan said:

Barclays currently offering a 1.99% 10 year fixed deal would show just how confident they are that the rates ain’t going up any time soon. 

1.99% for 10 year is extraordinarily low for sure. However, this is not their projection for future interest rates, it simply reflects the current BOE rate.

Ultimately, nobody knows for sure what will happen in the future however there are reasons to believe that, over the medium to long term, UK inflation could be higher than it has been over the last 30 years. If we do experience a real increase in inflation (say to 4/5%+), interest rates in turn will need to increase.

I se that Scotland will force anyone returning from Spain will still have to quarantine for two weeks. It’s not on the list of green light countries.  Don’t know how they will police this.  Probably if you are seen returning from holiday carrying a toy donkey and wearing a sombrero sturgeons private army will arrest you and lock you up in Edinburgh castle! 

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I se that Scotland will force anyone returning from Spain will still have to quarantine for two weeks. It’s not on the list of green light countries.  Don’t know how they will police this.  Probably if you are seen returning from holiday carrying a toy donkey and wearing a sombrero sturgeons private army will arrest you and lock you up in Edinburgh castle! 

Probably more like, "Hmm, that plane that's just landed has come from Spain. Therefore everyone on that plane has been in Spain".

It's policing it afterwards that is nigh on impossible.

Plus of course anyone who's been in Spain and wants to get around this would be able to hire a car and just drive to Calais (for instance).