When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I can't say I'm surprised. So much more to a festival (particularly glastonbury) than an average outdoor concert. Lots of small indoor spaces,  the camping element , etc . Really hope some serious progress has been made by the new year 😔

Even outdoor concerts can't be anything like normal

26 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

The worst thing about Sunak for me, is his briefings always start with 10 minutes of kissing his own arse "we have done so much for you people" sorta rhetoric. I liked his first briefing obviously but I think he spends too much time praising himself for giving back our money in a pandemic

I’m getting tired of them telling us that we have to do things to ‘help out’. I’ve been doing that for 3 months now, I’d like to know how these Ministers are personally helping. Are they going out for meals, spending their money or just happy telling us that we have to?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sisco said:

They weren’t going to ever go from 0 to 100.  This is a decent step forward as a start.  

Totally agree! It’s a start and we can only go up from here! I’m positive in a years time we will be back to normal with festivals 

29 minutes ago, sisco said:

They weren’t going to ever go from 0 to 100.  This is a decent step forward as a start.  

I wouldn't say it's a decent step forward, it looks like a set of rules which make the likes of those drive-in gigs the norm.

And that's a horrible thought.

16 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Is indoor swimming really going to be safe? I used to swim a lot before all this, but I've read conflicting stuff

I think the idea is that the pool itself is quite safe, but changing rooms aren't. Which is a bit of a logistical issue.

Having said that I've just looked at the guidance and it is recommended that numbers in pools are kept down so that there is 3 sq m per swimmer, so there must be some concern about it. How you police that god knows.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Interesting that Glory Hunter Johnson didn't do this briefing to take the credit. He usually loves a lockdown easing. Running scared still after the care home comments? Or back to working one day a week?

I just misread that as Glory Hole Johnson 😱

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Just checked and my local gym - Pure, a budget one - says it will reopen on 27th and that it is unlikely that booking slots will be required unless there are particularly busy times. It then reiterates that this is unlikely to happen. This seems a tad dicey being that there are often times (especially evenings after work) when you have to wait to get on machines.

Yep, I also go to a PureGym and looked this up yesterday. It's mental. Not only that, but you can't book classes in advance anymore either (at least at the start) - it's all first come, first serve. Walking 25 mins to get to a spin class that's full doesn't really appeal. I really can't fathom how they've calculated there won't be queues?

Tbh, although I miss spin, I've got a pretty good zoom thing going with some friends. We've been doing an online thing four nights a week...ranging from nice and doable to absurdly impossible. It's great to see them every evening too. Might reassess when it gets to dark and miserable to do them outside, but for now it's definitely the best option.  

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can't imagine how face coverings would work in gyms really. Would be difficult to breathe.

Yeh, fuck spinning in a mask, honestly. I miss it, but it's better just to wait until we can safely go again without needing to wear one. I can imagine passing out half way through!!

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yep, I also go to a PureGym and looked this up yesterday. It's mental. Not only that, but you can't book classes in advance anymore either (at least at the start) - it's all first come, first serve. Walking 25 mins to get to a spin class that's full doesn't really appeal. I really can't fathom how they've calculated there won't be queues?

Tbh, although I miss spin, I've got a pretty good zoom thing going with some friends. We've been doing an online thing four nights a week...ranging from nice and doable to absurdly impossible. It's great to see them every evening too. Might reassess when it gets to dark and miserable to do them outside, but for now it's definitely the best option.  

maybe they will be able to make an assessment based on what % decide to renew memberships ? not sure this is the same for pure but we dont have to for nuffield .... for example if 10% renew i cant forsee  issues but if 80% were to that becomes an issue then ...

57 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think the idea is that the pool itself is quite safe, but changing rooms aren't. Which is a bit of a logistical issue.

Having said that I've just looked at the guidance and it is recommended that numbers in pools are kept down so that there is 3 sq m per swimmer, so there must be some concern about it. How you police that god knows.

Yeah, I could understand if they have pre booked slots, with one person per lane and have you shower at home, but my local pool implied they would widen each lane but allow multiple people in each one, which sounds a bit risky to me.

I’ve had to take up running while the pool has been a no go and after being afflicted with joggers nipple on numerous occasions, I’m desperate to be able to return to swimming!

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Is indoor swimming really going to be safe? I used to swim a lot before all this, but I've read conflicting stuff

The pool I guess yeah cos of the chlorine but it's the changing rooms I wonder about. Our local leisure centre changing rooms feel grimy at the best of times and ridiculously humid. But I'm dying to go swimming, every time I get a whiff of bleach I wanna jump in a pool 😆 

Just now, kaytee... said:

The pool I guess yeah cos of the chlorine but it's the changing rooms I wonder about. Our local leisure centre changing rooms feel grimy at the best of times and ridiculously humid. But I'm dying to go swimming, every time I get a whiff of bleach I wanna jump in a pool 😆 

I do miss it- for me its the easiest kind of exercise, you even get to do it while essentially lying down and it works out all of you in one go!

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont know about the efest meet but we could definitely hold an efest swimathon .... subject to restrictions easing :) 

Or have a giant swimming pool at glastonbury 2021! (On second thoughts that might be grim!😂)

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I do miss it- for me its the easiest kind of exercise, you even get to do it while essentially lying down and it works out all of you in one go!

Same, I can't run with my dodgy knees but you can't get me out of the pool once I'm in it. As soon as we can book lanes I'm in.