When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

51 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I'm not sure.  I think this could be the case in quite a few places (on planes for example) and distancing is pretty pointless and more of a psychological thing than anything else.  I rarely go to the cinema so it's not something I will be rushing to do.

Can let you know when i get more details about what our measures will be, as work at cineworld. - I don't think our air-cons recycle the air like a plane but just pump cold and hot air in,  I dont know if it's safe at all, you are all sharing a room for 1-3 hours and bathrooms and they'll have reduced staff when we open so I can't see how we can be on top of cleaning, no news about masks and the staff will never be safe because for the most part we all work behind one counter moving past each other to make food and drinks. (the last thing people would do at cienmas now is buy concessions, when they can bring in own food and not risk covid)

Edited by ace56blaa

36 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Waiting for the update for Wales today. Apparently the "no travelling more than 5 miles to visit people" rule is going out the window. Sjops are opening Monday. 

Working for a beer company I'm keen to see what they're going to do with pubs, particularly in Wales. Can't help but feel they'll have to be on the same timeline as England for that or you'll just have people going over the bridge to pubs in Bristol etc.

Having said that... we wouldn't let English people use our beaches. Perfect revenge to ban us from their pubs :D 

I've heard they are working towards an opening of the 13th July...

4 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I've heard they are working towards an opening of the 13th July...

The problem is the Welsh government have been told we need 3 weeks notice and nothing so far (grated that wouldn't have happened yet if they were opening on 13th July). It's looking more like the last weekend of July at this rate..

47 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Working for a beer company I'm keen to see what they're going to do with pubs

Assuming that you work for a brewery, How much notice will you need to ensure you can produce enough beer to satisfy the demand required when pubs open their doors again?

32 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The Guardian science podcast this week covered air conditioners.  Apparently, it mainly depends on:

• The quality of the filters.
  • The amount of fresh air being introduced. 

Since aeroplanes score highly on both measures (surgical level air filters), the net effect of the air conditioning is to make things safer, as the reduction in the viral load in the air is more important than the mixing of the air.

Crappy old air con units that introduce little or no fresh air and have crappy filters make things worse with the mixing.  So the question is - do you trust your local cinema?

My 'local' cinema is the O2 and I've got a Cineworld pass - must say, once they reopen, I will be tempted to go and sit in there all day (am on furlough).

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Your daily reminder that Primark and pubs being full of people is way more dangerous than more densely packed crowds outside.  Before you decide to blame future possible spikes on protests.

Is this for certain? Outdoors is certainly safer but once the crowd is densely packed enough that you're in physical contact with other people, surely it would become more dangerous?

14 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Absolutely, its all about privacy v effectiveness, I would happily forfeit a lot of my privacy if it would improve the effectiveness of any app and improve me and my families chances of getting over this. The drivr for me is all about maximising effectiveness rather than maintaining my rights to privacy

But you might feel differently if you were, for example, a gay person in Russia.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Seems a little odd, seeing as the ONS released this yesterday, a day early confirming infection rates have more or less levelled off with a very very marginal decrease from the week before:

Edit: although the weird thing is they’ve doubled up last weeks data with this weeks, so rather than a weekly interval this for some reason covers a two week interval.

C007FF28-6EE4-4300-8981-919081A30888.jpeg

I missed this yesterday, it is odd they doubled up on weeks but there is definitely a leveling off. Didn't they say last week we would not be getting an R number update today but some other metric on infections instead? 

30 minutes ago, Homer said:

My 'local' cinema is the O2 and I've got a Cineworld pass - must say, once they reopen, I will be tempted to go and sit in there all day (am on furlough).

I’m feeling the opposite about cinemas, the risk is surely really high? Sitting indoors for hours with ransoms?

Edited by Ozanne

Interesting about cinemas, just filled in a survey for my favourite cinema (the Prince Charles in London) this morning. I'm a member there but dunno when they'll be able to open. It's not even the film watching itself, but the toilets and lobby area there is absolutely tiny. Distancing of 1 metre let alone 2 would be very hard.

57 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

The problem is the Welsh government have been told we need 3 weeks notice and nothing so far (grated that wouldn't have happened yet if they were opening on 13th July). It's looking more like the last weekend of July at this rate..

Makes sense to do it a little after England - see how mental it gets, what works and what doesn't, what extra measures are needed (more security!) then open actually safely a couple of weeks later. 

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's also quite amusing to me that the government now think lowering the threat level to 3 is a big announcement. Everyone agreed that alert system was bollocks weeks ago when they started doing level 1 measures at level 4.

They are hopeless idiots. 

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's also quite amusing to me that the government now think lowering the threat level to 3 is a big announcement. Everyone agreed that alert system was bollocks weeks ago when they started doing level 1 measures at level 4.

Yep they are clowns. Now we need to be ‘less apprehensive’ about the disease too. Thanks Boris. 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Assuming that you work for a brewery, How much notice will you need to ensure you can produce enough beer to satisfy the demand required when pubs open their doors again?

I do, yeah. 
We’ve told the government that we need 3 weeks notice. The brewing aspect isn’t really the issue, it’s the chain of getting it in kegs, sent to depots around the country and then out to customers. 
The other thing that helps is not having to brew as much (at first) because pubs are likely to only do 50% of their normal volume, if that.

36 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I do, yeah. 
We’ve told the government that we need 3 weeks notice. The brewing aspect isn’t really the issue, it’s the chain of getting it in kegs, sent to depots around the country and then out to customers. 
The other thing that helps is not having to brew as much (at first) because pubs are likely to only do 50% of their normal volume, if that.

Good info. So in theory you should be able to give us a 3 week heads up as long as the government acts sensibly and logically.