When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Who cares about people who refuse vaccines? Their choice, they have to live with the consequences. 

The government care and are going to keep restrictions longer than is necessary by the look of it to try to get everyone jabbed, there are going to be consequences for everyone, this battle is just beginning.

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

The government care and are going to keep restrictions longer than is necessary by the look of it to try to get everyone jabbed, there are going to be consequences for everyone, this battle is just beginning.

The vast, vast majority of those that refuse the vaccine are going to only display mild, if any, symptoms if they do catch Covid.
As long as the most vulnerable are protected should they the pass this on, then I don’t see why any particular focus should be given to those that refuse it. It is their right to choose after all, and the more it’s forced upon them, then the more they’re likely to resist. 

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Vaccines should be mandatory. 

They absolutely should not.

But at the point everyone has been offered one, it's becomes pretty simple - if you're able to take a vaccine and have refused, then any illness or consequences you suffer from it can be considered to be entirely self inflicted. It should be treated exactly the same as a smoker who gets lunger cancer or a skydiver who breaks a leg - provide medical care, of course, but don't expect the rest of society to inconvenience themselves in their daily lives because someone else took a risky decision that backfired.

8 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

There's absolutely no indication that they're going to do anything even remotely like that.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

The vast, vast majority of those that refuse the vaccine are going to only display mild, if any, symptoms if they do catch Covid.
As long as the most vulnerable are protected should they the pass this on, then I don’t see why any particular focus should be given to those that refuse it. It is their right to choose after all, and the more it’s forced upon them, then the more they’re likely to resist. 

Yup. We dont lockdown to stop smoking deaths. Anyone who refuses a vaccine and catches it, with a bad outcomes, then its their own fool fault

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

Whilst the vast majority have played by the rules in the last 12 months to protect the vulnerable I very much doubt there will be the same adherence to protect people who refuse the vaccine. 

I’m not bothered about the people who won’t, more those that can’t. We need to protect them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Certainly a point worth thinking about. The top 3 areas are at least double the rate of the SW...

I thought tiers were a good thing in theory but poorly implemented. The fact that there was no real restriction on travel between high and low tiers was a problem. And yes, the narrative of 'this is a punishment' really didn't help

24 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

"Kinda defines what type of person you are." Judgemental and intolerant? Is it OK for me to refuse to be a friend of a muslim (as an example) because I don't agree with their views on women's role in society or homosexuality?

If you take the fact that they're a Muslim out of it, because it's not really relevant:

"Is it OK for me to refuse to be a friend of someone because I don't agree with their views on women's role in society or homosexuality?"

Yes. Absolutely yes. I'd imagine if you were either gay or a woman you'd find that choice even easier.

7 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The leaks are go!

I do feel for all of the primary school teachers & staff.

Not considered at risk enough to be bumped up the vaccine list even though the children of that age don't do social distancing nor will wear masks. 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Best way to protect them is for everyone (who can) to get the vaccine

Exactly. The numbers who can't have a vaccine must be tiny. If everyone who could have a vaccine did, that would afford them lots of protection, especially as we know vaccines reduce substantially reduce transmission.

Once we open up, aren't the people refusing to take the vaccine quite likely to get the virus? So hopefully building up some immunity that way, pushing us further to herd immunity. And if they don't want to take the vaccine or get the virus then they likely won't be out much to spread it or catch it.

The more people who have immunity the better it protects those who can't take it (or those that can but might find it less effective because immunocompromised).

17 minutes ago, st dan said:

I agree 100%, but there is now a growing theory that the unvaccinated are going to incubate new deadly variants even though viruses usually get weaker as they mutate.

Just now, gizmoman said:

I agree 100%, but there is now a growing theory that the unvaccinated are going to incubate new deadly variants even though viruses usually get weaker as they mutate.

Is there? I haven't seen that theory. Everything I've seen concerned about variants suggests that the more it spreads the more likely it is to mutate (which we've seen in evidence). The unvaccinated aren't going to be able to spread it widely enough among themselves for that to happen. It will struggle to find new hosts with most people vaccinated.

10 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

If you take the fact that they're a Muslim out of it, because it's not really relevant:

"Is it OK for me to refuse to be a friend of someone because I don't agree with their views on women's role in society or homosexuality?"

Yes. Absolutely yes. I'd imagine if you were either gay or a woman you'd find that choice even easier.

It's relevant because we are talking about treating a group of people differently because of their perceived views, not all vaccine refusers have the same reasons or are followers of conspiracy theories, just as not all muslims hold the same views re: women and gays, though quite a few do. But this is a distraction from my original point which is we will all be affected by the response to the unvaccinated it will be one of the most divisive subjects ever, things are going to get ugly.