When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, km9 said:

Which is why I asked a little while ago why this thread had to be in the glastonbury section. There's a discussion section where this would sit nicely. My point is that for anybody wanting to find out the latest glastonbury chat, they will no doubt come across this load of nonsense first.

Lunacy.

What possible Glastonbury chat do you expect to find in a Covid thread called 'When will this shit end?' (and 18 months before the next Glastonbury)?

If you not interested in it, don't click on it.

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Lunacy.

What possible Glastonbury chat do you expect to find in a Covid thread called 'When will this shit end?' (and 18 months before the next Glastonbury)?

Exactly, and although we may all have posted "nonsense" now and again, there have been plenty of interesting and educational posts too, anyone following this thread regularly would be far better informed than the average person re: covid.

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Lunacy.

Ahh, the anticipated personal attack. This thread continues to deliver....

5 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Some good stuff here. The demographics data for new cases and deaths are great with quite detailed breakdowns but unfortunately admissions is only broken into over/under 60. I'd love to see the same as it's arguably the most important metric

Increasingly so, as we move into vaccinating the under 60s. Arguably the most important stratification as we decide how fast lockdown can proceed.

45 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Exactly, and although we may all have posted "nonsense" now and again, there have been plenty of interesting and educational posts too, anyone following this thread regularly would be far better informed than the average person re: covid.

Defo, this thread does have a lot of good info still.

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

Lunacy.

It would be fine if it stuck to covid, it's when people start arguing about politics that it gets unbearable.

35 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The next week is going to be very interesting with everyone nailing their colours to the flag.

Certainly seems like the leaks are swaying more to restrictions ending sooner rather than later...

8 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

🙂I've volunteered locally too. My partner has be called up but nothing for me so far. They have loads of volunteers apparently. That's fantastic on my eyes, such a positive reflection of the good will of the silent majority, away from all the headlines and hand wringing.

Same story here too. Shifts at some sites go pretty much as soon as they are released to the website, certainly in the smaller ones. I had a shift on Friday afternoon, but turned out I wasn't needed so came home. Only half the centre was operating. Not sure why.

Got another shift on Wednesday so hopefully that'll be more productive

7 hours ago, Gregfc15 said:

Some good stuff here. The demographics data for new cases and deaths are great with quite detailed breakdowns but unfortunately admissions is only broken into over/under 60. I'd love to see the same as it's arguably the most important metric

tbh, I was just looking at the main deaths graph - and noticed that the fall in deaths this time is steeper than it was from lockdown one.

As we're less locked down this time that's a little surprising, so it's clearly the consequence of something else. It might be xmas holidays for kids, it might be better treatments, it could be the vaccine, it might be something else.

Whatever it is, deaths declining more steeply is a good thing.

7 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Ahh, the anticipated personal attack. This thread continues to deliver....

oh c'mon. Have you gone whole? 

Whatever you think about this thread being here, if it wasn't here there'd quickly be something similar here again. Sometimes in running these forums I have to accept the inevitable.

PS: don't look at your username unless you're ready for some self-criticism. 😛 

Edited by eFestivals

7 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

And yet that would still be more than JC got in 2019...

Haha brilliant. Yeah also substantially better than miliband or Brown but yeah, i’m sure they’re just finishing engraving old keiths name on the marginally-better-than-Corbyn-at-his-nadir trophy.

This is why Starmer will come to nothing. The Starmer doinks are still just absolutely obsessed with Corbyn. Starmer’s only policy is being not Corbyn.

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

Will the celebrities (e.g. Stormzy) and younger Labour voters who Corbyn engaged with in a cult-like fashion automatically gravitate towards Starmer?
I’m not so sure - I think some will very likely become disengaged with it all again. 

the Magic Grampa Nick Clegg Milibanders...?

They'll just keep on voting 'me', same as the me-ers always do. They'll mostly end up tory voters.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

only with winning.

About 2032 I reckon. 

And those who go off and vote green will be as big a part of that as any tory voter.

It does seem that some of the people that supported Corbyn would rather see the Tories win in 2024 rather than a pure-left Labour Party win.