When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Timeline seems right. Nadhim Zahawi wants all over 50's (so all 9 priority groups) to have one shot by end of April so immunity kicks in 3 weeks later so by end of May.

Kinda puts my summer plans up in the air. Had a beer festival I was so looking forward to potentially going ahead in July but think out door stuff is going to be up in the air still at the point.

any word on when gyms will reopen? Surely not in May?

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

What do you reckon to attending live sport events?

also on a personal level in planning a party for 100 people outside in August for my 40th...likely to be allowed? 

I thought the government were making a big push for the Euros? It would supercharge any recovery in those sectors so I thought they would want to try and get people in stadiums as it could potentially mean we host more games? Thats just conjecture but we are holding the Semis- and final of the Euros. if we're in a position to host more games as we are safe enough to have people in stadiums could work out.

Re: your event - I think it should be fine. We are aiming for everyone to have one jab by end of June which would mean all high risk are double dosed with the population who least need the protection having that first jab

9 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Did they say the next phase won’t be quite as rapid as it will have to take in second doses?

That and also there will be a lot more people in the lower groups who will need to get their first doses but as has been said we should have more vaccines by then so it may help it 

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I thought the government were making a big push for the Euros? It would supercharge any recovery in those sectors so I thought they would want to try and get people in stadiums as it could potentially mean we host more games? Thats just conjecture but we are holding the Semis- and final of the Euros. if we're in a position to host more games as we are safe enough to have people in stadiums could work out.

Re: your event - I think it should be fine. We are aiming for everyone to have one jab by end of June which would mean all high risk are double dosed with the population who least need the protection having that first jab

Well I thought that too but that Twitter link posted doesn’t seem to cover attending live events.

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What do you reckon to attending live sport events?

I think some are likely to be used to test what happens with crowd events.

But I still reckon we need some festivals before indoor gigs will be permitted.

also on a personal level in planning a party for 100 people outside in August for my 40th...likely to be allowed? 

If you've booked a big enough field you should be ok. 😛

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

That and also there will be a lot more people in the lower groups who will need to get their first doses but as has been said we should have more vaccines by then so it may help it 

They’re also bringing in more volunteers to give the jabs as well (DBS checks etc are coming through now).

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah saw this article - https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/enough-covid-19-vaccines-order-reach-every-british-adult-end-june-860793

Which states that our 100m doses will be delivered by June. That sounds like no supply issues and we then need to consider that we have Pfizer and Moderna as well. Unsure when J+J comes in (unsure if its approved yet) 

We shouldn't really have any supply issues, just a matter of dosing people. Certainly think that people under the age of 40 would take it ASAP if they did 24 hours 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think some are likely to be used to test what happens with crowd events.

But I still reckon we need some festivals before indoor gigs will be permitted.

If you've booked a big enough field you should be ok. 😛

Do you think Euro 2020 games will go ahead as planned? As I can’t see that happening at the moment!

yes it’s in a big field but I was hoping for it not to have social distancing restrictions involved!

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Do you think Euro 2020 games will go ahead as planned? As I can’t see that happening at the moment!

yes it’s in a big field but I was hoping for it not to have social distancing restrictions involved!

The Euro’s is an interesting one. I definitely think they will go ahead.

However how do you go about the spectator issue? I’m sure by June you could have limited capacity in a controlled environment like a stadium but with tickets already sold who loses out then? How do you decide who goes and who doesn’t?

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

It’s ludicrous that UEFA haven’t yet accepted that it’s far wiser to have it all in one country.

Of course, we know which country has the infrastructure to hold it at short notice, and is ahead of the rest of Europe in terms of vaccinations...and already hosts the semis and final...

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

The Euro’s is an interesting one. I definitely think they will go ahead.

However how do you go about the spectator issue? I’m sure by June you could have limited capacity in a controlled environment like a stadium but with tickets already sold who loses out then? How do you decide who goes and who doesn’t?

The tournament will go ahead for sure, but there’s little point splitting it over 10 countries if no one is allowed to attend.

I have tickets for three games at Wembley inc one semi final and the final so really hope it happens with all fans allowed.

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

The tournament will go ahead for sure, but there’s little point splitting it over 10 countries if no one is allowed to attend.

I have tickets for three games at Wembley inc one semi final and the final so really hope it happens with all fans allowed.

I’m hoping the same for the test matches and one dayers this summer in July and August...

Its gonna be really tough. If they delay its going to be  non-stop football from September 2021 - May 2023 ( I.E 21-22 Season - Euros- 22-23 season - WC in the middle - 22-23 Season ends in May) which is excessive. Don't know how teams can cope with that schedule. 

That would be better for UEFA as at least there will be fans. if it went ahead now it would lose so much money 

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

The games are exceedingly likely to go ahead as planned, unless UEFA decide to move the players into a bubble in just one county.

Whether the games will have crowds is something else. They're perhaps slightly too soon for that.

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The games are exceedingly likely to go ahead as planned, unless UEFA decide to move the players into a bubble in just one county.

Whether the games will have crowds is something else. They're perhaps slightly too soon for that.

I agree. Given how things are now I can’t see that crowds will be there at anywhere near capacity. Possible a small amount of people say 2k or something. 

Just finished my face-to-face training for being a SJA volunteer at a vaccination centre (meet and greet rather than jabbing). So hopefully will be able to start soon, shifts permitting 🙂

Was very exciting to have somewhere to go and to talk to people in real life that aren't my partner.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

17 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Yay, vaccination booked for this Wednesday! 🙂

Excellent news! 

36 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Timeline seems right. Nadhim Zahawi wants all over 50's (so all 9 priority groups) to have one shot by end of April so immunity kicks in 3 weeks later so by end of 

any word on when gyms will reopen? Surely not in May?

Would also like to know this! Hoping for April maybe?

1 hour ago, LJTwnsnd said:

Anyone seen this doing the rounds? looks like they might be pre-planning a little event later in the year

glasto lineup draft.jpg

Pahahaha

Macca playing PP is as ridiculously unlikely as Elton playing Dibley Village Fair.

Given that they've successfully pulled off the nations league/Euro playoffs and the champions and europa leagues in addition to domestic competitions, I have little doubt that the Euros will be played this summer. The 24 teams will probably be individually self-contained in biosecure bubbles like what's happening with the six nations and capacity limits will probably vary depending on local rules.

IMO, they should move it all to the UK. We are one of the few countries with the infrastructure to host a major football competition at the drop of a hat. There are currently 12 venues for the tournament, each with capacity of 30,000 or more. We could achieve this by using:

1. Wembley

2. Tottenham stadium

3. Old Trafford

4. Etihad Stadium

5. Anfield

6. Goodison Park

7. St James's Park

8. Stadium of Light

9. Villa Park

10. King Power Stadium

11. Hillsborough Park

12. Elland Road

Furthermore given case numbers in the UK compared to European countries and the speed of our vaccine programme, playing it in the UK maximises the chance of fans being allowed in.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Given that they've successfully pulled off the nations league/Euro playoffs and the champions and europa leagues in addition to domestic competitions, I have little doubt that the Euros will be played this summer. The 24 teams will probably be individually self-contained in biosecure bubbles like what's happening with the six nations and capacity limits will probably vary depending on local rules.

IMO, they should move it all to the UK. We are one of the few countries with the infrastructure to host a major football competition at the drop of a hat. There are currently 12 venues for the tournament, each with capacity of 30,000 or more. We could achieve this by using:

1. Wembley

2. Tottenham stadium

3. Old Trafford

4. Etihad Stadium

5. Anfield

6. Goodison Park

7. St James's Park

8. Stadium of Light

9. Villa Park

10. King Power Stadium

11. Hillsborough Park

12. Elland Road

Furthermore given case numbers in the UK compared to European countries and the speed of our vaccine programme, playing it in the UK maximises the chance of fans being allowed in.

Im guessing there audience will be all UK residents then? I cant see us opening our borders for the festival. Would be hugely risky.

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

Im guessing there audience will be all UK residents then? I cant see us opening our borders for the festival. Would be hugely risky.

Yeah exactly, no incoming tourism, local fans only. And with the caveat that capacity might be severely limited or behind closed doors depending on the rules by then.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah exactly, no incoming tourism, local fans only. And with the caveat that capacity might be severely limited or behind closed doors depending on the rules by then.

If the vaccine rollout continues and it’s safe, I think people in this country would be keen to attend? It could have an Olympics feel.

The issue would be what to do about people who have booked tickets already e.g. to the final.