When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

I struggle to believe that Boris isn’t planning for there to be some kind of big event with a big crowd to show the world that ‘British vaccines got Britain back to normal’ or some bollocks. 
Whether it be Wimbledon, the Euros or a day festival of some sort, it’s the kind of thing he would go for. 

The perfectly titled British Summer Time...? 

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Anyone who plays the festival of Brexit will probably find it hard to play any other place. 

During the pre-referendum cycle, didn't the Brexit campaign (either Boris' or Farage's) try to organise a Concert for Brexit only for everyone to pull out as soon as they were announced?

Kinda sense it might end up being like that.

Maybe one of the way to protect rhe NHS would be to sack anyone refusing a vaccination?

Significant disparities in vaccine uptake among healthcare workers in England may undermine the rollout and its ability to bring the coronavirus pandemic under control, with far lower rates among black and south Asian staff, workers under 30, and those living in the most deprived areas, a scientific adviser to the government has said.

Doctors at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS trust, which employs one of the largest and most diverse healthcare workforces in the country, raised the issue on Sunday after releasing the first public data on vaccination rates among UK healthcare workers.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/vaccine-rollout-caution-some-health-workers-england

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Maybe one of the way to protect rhe NHS would be to sack anyone refusing a vaccination?

Significant disparities in vaccine uptake among healthcare workers in England may undermine the rollout and its ability to bring the coronavirus pandemic under control, with far lower rates among black and south Asian staff, workers under 30, and those living in the most deprived areas, a scientific adviser to the government has said.

Doctors at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS trust, which employs one of the largest and most diverse healthcare workforces in the country, raised the issue on Sunday after releasing the first public data on vaccination rates among UK healthcare workers.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/vaccine-rollout-caution-some-health-workers-england

My friend is a nurse and is planning on having another child so she won’t have the vaccine.

Should be sacked for that considering there’s no trial data to say it’s all good?

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My friend is a nurse and is planning on having another child so she won’t have the vaccine.

Should be sacked for that considering there’s no trial data to say it’s all good?

It's not ideal...

But should she put other people's lives at risk and a prolonged lockdown JUST because she wants another child? We are all sacrificing our individual rights for the greater public good with the lockdowns.

I also feel looking at the figures that that's a small percentage why people are refusing it. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

It's not ideal...

But should she put other people's lives at risk and a prolonged lockdown JUST because she wants another child? We are all sacrificing our individual rights for the greater public good with the lockdowns.

I also feel looking at the figures that that's a small percentage why people are refusing it. 

Actively punishing people for not agreeing to put something in their body belongs in the medieval ages.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

It's not ideal...

Who cares what you feel? People have the right to refuse any medical treatment for any reason they wish, If you want the vaccine go ahead, but don't make other peoples decisions for them.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It's not ideal...

Are you that desperate to get back to the pub that you'd fire NHS staff for not taking the vaccine due fears over wanting kids?

19 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

She shouldn't be sacked.

Your post implies she's not pregnant now and is worried it may impact chances of conception.

For me not getting the vaccine in this situation isn't the choice I'd make given we don't know the impacts of Coronavirus on fertility but do know that none of the other vaccines we give have any impact on fertility, so there's little reason to think this one should act differently especially as they've all passed safety tests.

Fwiw the official guidance is that if you become pregnant after a first dose you should delay the second dose until after pregnancy. If you are pregnant you may be offered a first dose if you're at particularly high risk of exposure or otherwise vulnerable to it 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-women-of-childbearing-age-currently-pregnant-planning-a-pregnancy-or-breastfeeding

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Unfortunately things won't go well. 

You only have to look at the difference between the November lockdown and this one to see the effects of schools being open. 

@Toilet Duck shared something the other day that showed the impact of schools being open on his island as they had a lockdown where schools were the first to opened up or something and I think it showed that other sectors had a far greater impact that schools I know it's a different country but it more similar than others. Perhaps he can fish it out again as I can't find it, it was interesting though.

Also,

"We are all sacrificing our individual rights for the greater public good with the lockdowns. "

That implies we are doing this voluntarily, we are not, our rights have been taken from us, we have no choice but to obey the lockdowns etc. or risk punishment. People need to take a step back and consider just how far this is going.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Are you that desperate to get back to the pub that you'd fire NHS staff for not taking the vaccine due fears over wanting kids?

1. You're doing that thing again were you say people who want lockdown over just want to go to the pub

2. If its about individual choice, why should me wanting to go to my mates house for a drink take a backseat to someone wanting to have more children? If we are allowed to make individual choices over pandemic preferences, im off to the pub tomorrow 

3. The numbers involved in the article makes it clear refusal isn't over that.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

1. You're doing that thing again were you say people who want lockdown over just want to go to the pub

2. If its about individual choice, why should me wanting to go to my mates house for a drink take a backseat to someone wanting to have more children? If we are allowed to make individual choices over pandemic preferences, im off to the pub tomorrow 

3. The numbers involved in the article makes it clear refusal isn't over that.

5 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Also,

"We are all sacrificing our individual rights for the greater public good with the lockdowns. "

That implies we are doing this voluntarily, we are not, our rights have been taken from us, we have no choice but to obey the lockdowns etc. or risk punishment. People need to take a step back and consider just how far this is going.

I understand the public health reasons for the lockdowns. But I'm not willing to do so if people refusing vaccines are prolonging it.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

I understand the public health reasons for the lockdowns. But I'm not willing to do so if people refusing vaccines are prolonging it.

I agree with lots of the stuff you say on here but I do have a different opinion on this.

Is the % of people who refuse to have the vaccine for whatever reason that may be enough to delay any reduction of measures?

I’m pretty sure the answer is no in which case your pissing against the wind with this?