When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Assume that would also mean no indoor household mixing until August/September, which corroborates what my government agency worker mate told me earlier in the week. They’d been briefed to expect:

March to roughly reflect tier 4

April and May to roughly reflect tier 3

Early summer - tier 2

Late summer and autumn - tier 1 

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Reports of a time scale of between May and August for hospitality opening.

If indoor hospitality isn't open until August that surely finishes any chance of a festival season this year.

Early May to August? Does this indicate they actually will be led by data/science this time and not the death-hungry backbenchers?

But yes, festivals would be off unless some form of rapid testing could be arranged.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, I'm voting Labour next time almost whatever happens. I can't see any situation where a Labour government wouldn't be better than a Conservative one - even if I have dissatisfaction with the leader.

Spot on.

People on the left like to forget the reason why the tories keep on winning - which is naff all to do with every Tory voter agreeing with every tory about everything.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Amanda Holden caught visiting Cornwall from London, supposedly to see her "distressed" 75 year old step-father. 

Sure just pure coincidence that was on the weekend of her 50th birthday.

I read this, and thought similar.  One of the accounts claims she unloaded loads of luggage too - not something you tend to do if you just have to jump in the car and go. 

In sure the truth will come out. 

Do you think that there will be restrictions on the number of guests allowed at weddings for the rest of the year? I've got invites to 2 weddings in November and I'm Maid of Honour for one of them. The bride is keen for me to get on with organising a hen do for late summer / early autumn but I'm still not sure about what we'll be allowed to even do by then. Whenever I broach this, she freaks out because she's already postponed the wedding once and doesn't want to entertain the idea at all that things may not be 'normal' by November. 

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Reports of a time scale of between May and August for hospitality opening.

If indoor hospitality isn't open until August that surely finishes any chance of a festival season this year.

I'd say that finishes the chance of gigs until next year, too.

Without crowded outdoor events happening there is no chance of crowded indoor events happening.

2 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

The 15 million target has been hit.

Amazing what happens when you just let the NHS get on with it, fully expect Boris to hold a press conference tomorrow taking all the praise 

22 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

They’d been briefed to expect:

March to roughly reflect tier 4

April and May to roughly reflect tier 3

Early summer - tier 2

Late summer and autumn - tier 1 

I could see this happening, maybe some light loosenings on the rough restrictions but if cases are low enough I can see indoor mixing being allowed earlier in the summer, many may choose not to because it will be hopefully better weather and nicer outside 

7 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

The 15 million target has been hit.

Fair play to them - and what an effort by the NHS - on this.

Did they say the next phase won’t be quite as rapid as it will have to take in second doses?

Hancock to do the morning rounds tomorrow?

Edited by Ryan1984

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Fair play to them on this.

Did they say the next phase won’t be quite as rapid as it will have to take in second doses as well?

I think they have said by the end of April. 

I can’t see the second jabs having an effect on the numbers still for another 4-5 weeks, so here’s hoping that the bulk of the next groups are done by then.

The influx of Moderna and J&J around April time will really help keep the pace going.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say that finishes the chance of gigs until next year, too.

Without crowded outdoor events happening there is no chance of crowded indoor events happening.

What do you reckon to attending live sport events?

also on a personal level in planning a party for 100 people outside in August for my 40th...likely to be allowed?