When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I was pointing out that the UK broke international law a mere few months ago (by its own admission) in relation to my comment about holier-than-thou attitudes.

Except... they didn't actually pass that providion because they reached a deal

Its perfectly fine to have a go at the EU's behaviour without engaging in whataboutism.

8 hours ago, steviewevie said:

This is politics, the EU have not handled the vaccination plan or negotiations well, politically they have an electorate that is unhappy with their response and this is driven by  comparison to their near neighbour, the UK. They therefore need to deflect attention and this spat is all about deflecting attention from their incompetence. I say this as a remainer and it exactly the same politics that is employed by the UK government to deflect attention from incompetence, track &trace, delayed lockdowns, awarding contracts to cohorts.

The quote in the article attached sums it up. "It’s like watching an endlessly patient and mild-mannered social studies teacher finally lose it and head-butt a pupil for beating him in a quiz. Oh, sir … I appreciate you’ve had to deal with some awful behaviour from this particular individual over the past few years, but I’m afraid … this is not acceptable. "

I went to a month trip in France on 7th Feb last year, was very reluctant to go considering the news coming from China and it was clear the way the wind was blowing but I didn't want to sound like a mad conspiracy theorist so pressed on. spent the whole time anxiously watching the news with flights in the basket from the local airport, fully expecting to need to use them to get home just before the borders closed. Even willing them to close once I saw what was happening in Italy in mid February, even if it meant i was stuck. 

The borders didn't close for a year and even then only to select countries. and over 100,000 have died because the English government believes English scientists know better than the rest of the world. 

An absolute failure 

Edited by efcfanwirral

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Cancelled by the public health officials.

Yep. they knew it was gonna happen to them, just gotta get the official word from the county. Hopefully we get a statement on Monday about whats going to happen. October is still feasible for it.  At least my hotel had free cancellation lol. And if they just say its back to 2022 then nobody else will even bother to hold out on holding anything over here, except maybe canada. Crossing my fingers they just require everyone to show proof of vaccination or they cant attend. I wouldnt mind a Coachella with less than 50,000 people and green grass.

And dont mind us, we're just enjoying dinner while its 5 degrees outside in LA.

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yep. they knew it was gonna happen to them, just gotta get the official word from the county. Hopefully we get a statement on Monday about whats going to happen. October is still feasible for it.  At least my hotel had free cancellation lol. And if they just say its back to 2022 then nobody else will even bother to hold out on holding anything over here, except maybe canada. Crossing my fingers they just require everyone to show proof of vaccination or they cant attend. I wouldnt mind a Coachella with less than 50,000 people and green grass.

And dont mind us, we're just enjoying dinner while its 5 degrees outside in LA.

Do you ever get the feeling they're not taking it seriously in America?

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

Also UK ones.

if the EU's claims are so solid, why have the EU talked utter bollocks about what the contract says*, as well as tried to invoke a 'moral duty'**?

* firstly claimed there was no 'best reasonable efforts'*** in the contract, and then said 'best reasonable efforts'*** only applied on the development cycle but not the manufacturing cycle.

** A party only tries to invoke a moral duty if there's no contractual duty.

*** it's worth noting that in contract law 'best reasonable efforts' is a weaker commitment than 'best efforts' (both phrases get used in contracts and are recognised as legally different levels of commitment).

And are the EU trying to enforce the contract thru the courts? Nope.

Instead they've moved the EU goalposts, as well as made a bullshit move against Northern Ireland (how many UK vaccines come thru Ireland, to Northern Ireland, to the UK? lol) as a way to try and bullshit EU citizens that they're taking strong action against the nasty vaccine-stealing UK.

And then were quite happy to u-turn on that Northern Ireland move, after it had generated publicity for the EU doing something.

This is very VERY obviously a PR campaign by the EU, not actions to try to enforce a broken contract.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

lol, its totally under control! We are getting all of the vaccine! murica! Didnt the guy wearing a Crown Royal bag as a mask make that clear?

Edited by Suprefan

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

lol, its totally under control! We are getting all of the vaccine! murica! Didnt the guy wearing a Crown Royal bag as a mask make that clear?

At least now you have a President that is taking it seriously. Hopefully that should rub off onto the people. 

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think it's been different rules for different states, and then different counties within states have different rules. Where my brother lives in Virginia the schools have been shut since last March, they're doing the work from home thing and people do social distancing and wear masks...but businesses are open, shops, restaurants etc.