When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

37 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Isn’t that cutting off your nose to spite your face?

I agree but I could see an argument that if it doesn't work as intended then the city would have the biggest infection rates in the country and never get out of tier 3 or whatever replaces it. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like there's a terrorist attack ongoing in Vienna...

This was a weird one for me, my son is living there and the first I heard of it was him getting in touch to say he was ok and could hear it all going on outside.  I am thankful that the attack seems to have been stopped without too much loss of life, which considering the circumstances is almost beyond belief.

34 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I agree but I could see an argument that if it doesn't work as intended then the city would have the biggest infection rates in the country and never get out of tier 3 or whatever replaces it. 

There are no tiers until December 2nd. 

Even if you do test positive and have to isolate, we're all going to be doing that anyway for the next month.

I really hope people do the test.

I am excited for the regular testing in Liverpool. Bit nervous about the prospect of queues/crowds when waiting to get one, but hopefully those sensible enough to get on board with it will also be sensible enough to distance.

If you'd have told me a year ago that in the midst of a deadly, global pandemic, that has caused me to not be able to see my parents for half a year at a time, I'd be gladly undertaking regular testing overseen by military personnel... I'd probably have cried. But I guess this is just where we're at now.

Edited by WestCountryGirl

9 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Testing on the scale proposed in Liverpool is welcome, but it will only work if wages are covered when people are asked to self isolate. 

Its during lockdown though, so on theory should be easier with less stuff open

Also part of the proposal is 7 days quarantine time

Edited by zahidf

Seen a few people who say they are voting for Trump because democrats are two left wing. That must have been what republican ads have been pushing recently. I mean. Biden left wing?! He is mr centry centrist. I guess Harris is a bit to the left....and he has been working a bit with Sanders and AOC to unite democrats, but even so...

It’s crazy how much this election has taken over my life these past few months. Even with the virus eating it’s way through my own country and there being a million distractions in my own life, it really does seem like a good vs. evil thing and the final nail in the coffin to what America has/will become.

Dreaming of that blue landslide, but buckled up for a repeat of 2016.

Someone interviewed on the Guardian in a swing state saying they voted for Trump because Biden and Harris have taken the party to the “far left”. They’d have a fucking heart attack if they read Corbyn’s manifesto last year.

You start and question whether or not democracy is a good thing when you have people so misinformed deciding the future of the most powerful country in the world. Even if Biden wins this election, that country has been set on a path that can’t be reversed now. You have an elite putting out misinformation to brainwash people, then claiming any critics of them (i.e the truth) as fake news. It’s quite something.

My feeling is Biden wins this election, but four years from now loses to an even more hideous republican than Trump. We’ll win this battle but lose the war...

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Someone interviewed on the Guardian in a swing state saying they voted for Trump because Biden and Harris have taken the party to the “far left”. They’d have a fucking heart attack if they read Corbyn’s manifesto last year.

You start and question whether or not democracy is a good thing when you have people so misinformed deciding the future of the most powerful country in the world. Even if Biden wins this election, that country has been set on a path that can’t be reversed now. You have an elite putting out misinformation to brainwash people, then claiming any critics of them (i.e the truth) as fake news. It’s quite something.

My feeling is Biden wins this election, but four years from now loses to an even more hideous republican than Trump. We’ll win this battle but lose the war...

Who will next lead the Republican Party if Trump doesn’t win?

My bet - Tucker Carlson 

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is it worth having a seperate US election thread? 

I don't think i'm the only one who comes in to this thread purely for covid related stuff...

Yeah would make sense rather than having two different conversations going on at the same time in here. Will get right on it (unless I’m beaten to the punch)