When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

University update:

One friend has been told in the coming weeks all accommodation is going to be locked down due to rising cases and all teaching will go online.

Another friend has been made to sign a contract saying they won’t go home for Christmas.

I am very undecided whether to drop out or not, is this kinda stuff even legal...

You'll have a students' union, get in touch with them. 

If there's a local branch of ACORN they can also give advice.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

All indoor household mixing now banned in the north east

Hope we don't get this in London. Got a mate who lives on his own and I only live with one other person (my wife) and we spend far more time sat on his sofa with the stereo blasting watching football than we do down the pub.

Just now, Homer said:

Hope we don't get this in London. Got a mate who lives on his own and I only live with one other person (my wife) and we spend far more time sat on his sofa with the stereo blasting watching football than we do down the pub.

He can bubble with you as a single person surely ... that’s an exemption still exists 

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

You can still do this, the support bubble is still in place. 

48 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

My mistake, I was including pillar 4 tests 

No worries.

Since it now appears to be a 'thing' I've graphed out the 'positivity %' (previously referred to by me on here as the 'tests/positive cases ratio').  Using 1st May as the start date, as this was broadly when testing went outside hospital environments, it looks like this at today.  A little to play for with weekend fluctuation but at face value this shows we are where we were about 10 days ago.....and certainly way below where we were at beginning of May.

20200928_174133.jpg

46 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

(a few weeks later)....

...."UK Shortage of covid-19 tests that gives results in minutes"

...."Handcock blames shortage of instant tests on people taking them unnecessarily"

...."Instant testing system in Chaos"

...."Government wasted tens of millions on instant tests that don't work"

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Don’t they have something like that for HIV to reduce the chance of a HIV positive person transmitting it? 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is that the newest data available?

I posted this elsewhere, but this tracker uses the gov.uk data and is usually pretty up to date.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

What is worrying is that the number of people in hospital has more than doubled in 14 days.

Can someone explain to me now ive downloaded the app ... what the point of checking in to all these venues is ? surely the bluetooth will pick up any contacts of over 15 mins in these  ? and alert me if necessary ... maybe im overlooking something here ... but checking in somewhere and failing to check out ( forgetful me ) and the app doesnt do it ... might cause unecessary alerts ? 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Can someone explain to me now ive downloaded the app ... what the point of checking in to all these venues is ? surely the bluetooth will pick up any contacts of over 15 mins in these  ? and alert me if necessary ... maybe im overlooking something here ... but checking in somewhere and failing to check out ( forgetful me ) and the app doesnt do it ... might cause unecessary alerts ? 

Not everyone has the app so if the person who has tested positive who was sat at the table next to you tells the contact tracers he was at that venue your check in tells you that you were there when his phone won't as he hasn't downloaded the app.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Checking out has never been a requirement it was the same when it was just paper based.

Which like you say is a bit daft.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s just added use, so if you went to a pub and then someone else 2 days later tested positive then they can let you know and you self isolate. Whereas without it you might not be within proximity to that person but they could’ve touched something, which you then touch or passes it to someone who then touches something etc. It’s another line of defence.

You don’t need to check out of a venue. 

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Not everyone has the app so if the person who has tested positive who was sat at the table next to you tells the contact tracers he was at that venue your check in tells you that you were there when his phone won't as he hasn't downloaded the app.

I was being a bit slow thanks :)