When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Where are you based?

The stats are really useful, I’d like to know why people that have travelled abroad are showing more positive results. Is it going through airports and planes? Is it if you are on holiday you are likely to be out more whereas in the U.K. you are probably more at home?

I was thinking it might be an indirect link - those who have booked a foreign holiday on average take the virus less seriously than those who are frankly terrified at the idea of going on holiday in the current circumstances.  It may be that those who are willing to go on a foreign holiday have a host of other behaviours that make it more likely for them to catch the virus.

Although airport scare the shit out of me, the number of differemt people that come though those places!

Just now, steviewevie said:

MPs debating coronavirus now...if you're "working from home" you should get BBC parliament on...I can't because the man said I have to be in the office and pretend I'm working properly.

I’m watching it.

Different households banned from mixing indoors in areas of the North impacted by restrictions 2 weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I think under 6,000 cases will be a bit too optimistic. About to find out though..

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

5,693 new cases.

That’s encouraging, IMO. 

Sorry engage in chip pissing, but it's Monday, there's always a suppression of cases on Monday.  If we're down on today's numbers tomorrow then we can really start to feel encouraged.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

And those same people lack the perspective to understand that we are living through societal collapse. This is an interesting article, focussed on America but the same is true of the UK: https://medium.com/indica/i-lived-through-collapse-america-is-already-there-ba1e4b54c5fc

Paywalled for me but probably for the best!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sorry engage in chip pissing, but it's Monday, there's always a suppression of cases on Monday.  If we're down on today's numbers tomorrow then we can really start to feel encouraged.

I was directly comparing against last Monday’s numbers.

It’s 30% higher (4368 last week). That is obviously concerning because it’s higher, but the %age increase week-on-week seems to have slowed down from the 7 day doubling we were seeing beforehand (it’s the third day in a row that we’ve been 30%-35% up on the previous week)

IMO, it shows that the rule of 6 is having some effect of suppressing the R number, but not sufficient to put it below 1. 

So we are still growing, but the rate of growth seems to have slowed somewhat. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I was directly comparing against last Monday’s numbers.

It’s 30% higher (4368 last week). That is obviously concerning because it’s higher, but the %age increase week-on-week seems to have slowed down from the 7 day doubling we were seeing beforehand (it’s the third day in a row that we’ve been 30%-35% up on the previous week)

IMO, it shows that the rule of 6 is having some effect of suppressing the R number, but not sufficient to put it below 1. 

So we are still growing, but the rate of growth seems to have slowed somewhat. 

Ah ok.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I didn't realise Fuzzy was comparing a day with the same day from the previous week, which is a lot better than Sunday-> Monday comparisons. 

Fast moving thread today!

That’s ok, I wasn’t aiming at anyone specifically. It was more generally.

Todays case numbers are actually 4,044 down from 4,368 on Monday last week.