When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Mimo said:

It’ll let me book now but I’ll have to wait 3 weeks and the nearest centre is an hour away 😕

Is it right that I can wait to be contacted by my GP instead for a local appointment? 

Yeah you can still wait for your GP to contact you. 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

In regards to social distancing I would find it quite mystifying if we continue on the same trajectory we are on now with vaccinations going really well, real world data showing how massively effective vaccines are and case / death numbers declining, yet we then are told it can't end on June 21st.

At the same time I understand that if any of those things listed change then things may need to be looked at.

What are people's experiences of social distancing & rule following when out with friends / seeing family etc.?

I'm not saying this to wind people up but having seen friends & family and spoken to them there is nobody within my circles who isn't breaking rules / guidelines now.

Social distancing isn’t a rule/law though is it? It’s just guidance. 

I can perfectly legally go and sit outside a pub tonight with my friends and sit side by side packed around one table without masks. In a few weeks time I can legally do this inside the pub. 
When you’re in a shop the guidance is 1m with a mask which is just normal, quite frankly if you were queuing any closer than 1m before the pandemic you should be on some sort of register. 

What people really mean when they say social distancing should end is limits on crowd sizes e.g - gigs, festivals, stadiums etc. 

I don’t really see anyone deliberately social distancing any more. 

It is uncertain that this year the Bavarian capital will traditionally be "ozapft". Now the Gulf metropolis Dubai wants to step in, where half of the population has already been vaccinated.

A spokesman announced on Thursday that 620 companies are planned on an area of 400,000 square meters. Records are to be broken with the longest beer bar, the largest maypole and the largest beer glass. The organizers expect four million guests per month. Beer is expressly allowed, reports the Focus. Local tourism websites promise bratwurst, schnitzel, sauerkraut and "dirndl-wearing babes".

The plans are preliminary, the event has not yet been officially confirmed, but there is already a logo and a website. Meanwhile a little music from the Alpshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UmoK5WAW8Y

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Now the Gulf metropolis Dubai wants to step in,

I thought Dubai was one of those countries that had heavy restrictions on alcohol if not a total ban as well as having incredibly modest views when it comes to women showing of their sexuality. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I thought Dubai was one of those countries that had heavy restrictions on alcohol if not a total ban as well as having incredibly modest views when it comes to women showing of their sexuality. 

Yes, totally weird isn't it. They have already made a logo for this one.

1e145f54-5eab-4976-b809-83ee3f9fdd56.jpg

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Those of you who had side effects, how long did they take to kick in?

The shivery ones I’ve heard from people they mostly come that night ... although 1 person told me they had them the following night .... the dead arm for me came the next day and lasted a couple of days 

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

most folk I know said the following day but went away after a day or two

Edited by shoptildrop

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

About 12 hours.

Had mine at 6.40pm, felt crap from midday the next day, cross between manflu and a hangover. All gone 24 hours later.

Wife had no effects at all from either dose.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I had it about 5pm. Dead arm after a couple of hours. Banging headache the next morning that lasted all day. No energy and in bed by 7pm that day and fine the next morning, apart from a teeny tiny headache I couldn’t shift all day. 

Taking paracetamol a couple of hours before and all the way through is key to minimising the effects. 

4 hours ago, Mimo said:

It’ll let me book now but I’ll have to wait 3 weeks and the nearest centre is an hour away 😕

Is it right that I can wait to be contacted by my GP instead for a local appointment? 

My wife booked on Tuesday for a 2 weeks ahead and then got a text yesterday from her GP inviting her to an open session tonight she's all jabbed up. I tried to get in but they wouldn't let me but I've got managed get booked for Monday.

• Upvote 2

Systems just let me book for sportcity in Manchester next Tuesday 😄 Booked 2nd appointment for July at same time, email & text confirmation arrived instantly.

Its a bit of a trek so will see if I get anything from GP to book more locally, but honestly happy with that if not. 

ETA: I’m 40 as a point of reference. 

Edited by jimmillen