When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I have a bad feeling somewhere deep down in my gut that the next 24 hours aren't going to end well.  I think some of it stems from the realisation that Biden will be 82 when his term finishes.

I hope to God I'm wrong.

There’s no signs that Bidens age is impacting voting, his lead in the polls has been fairly steady and if the polls are the same as 2016 then Biden still wins from here.

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Are you just saying other stupid things so people forget about the California thing?

No I mean this one - he has mentioned before that he is interested in running and I think the reason why he doesn’t want to put himself forward now is because he would pretty much run for everything that trump is running for.

If Trump loses they can’t go back to the Romney Republican Party, they would lose even harder. Trumpism won’t die with Trump, they will argue that if it wasn’t for the pandemic he would have succeeded.

Carlson is a better speaker than trump and much younger, he also already has a following. I think it would be a continuation of the path the Republican Party has started.

Just now, jparx said:

Vince McMahon.

Ha.

Vince has a bit riding on this, there’s talk of unionisation for wrestlers, if Biden wins then that becomes for feasible. 

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lol I didn’t make a bet. Learn to spot a bit of hyperbole

It’s funny because you’ve been the only one making a scene about the election. Keep calm, the right result will prevail! Trump won’t win this. 😜

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ha.

Vince has a bit riding on this, there’s talk of unionisation for wrestlers, if Biden wins then that becomes for feasible. 

Last thing on this and I’ll move to the other thread -

Oh he’s got a huge amount on this! Yang is coming for him big time. About fucking time too - the guy is an utter cretin who has abused his “independent contractors” for decades. And this whole Twitch stuff recently?! The balls on him to do that right as his mate could well be leaving office 😂

Anyway...see you in the other thread!

Just now, jparx said:

Last thing on this and I’ll move to the other thread -

Oh he’s got a huge amount on this! Yang is coming for him big time. About fucking time too - the guy is an utter cretin who has abused his “independent contractors” for decades. And this whole Twitch stuff recently?! The balls on him to do that right as his mate could well be leaving office 😂

Anyway...see you in the other thread!

Good on Yang for deciding to look into it and do something about it. Vince McMahon is shady person and one day some of those practices will be brought to the foreground. 

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who will next lead the Republican Party if Trump doesn’t win?

My bet - Tucker Carlson 

Ted Cruz maybe Dan Crenshaw, if they want to go with a younger candidate. Cruz as his fingers in most of the pies already so probably him

12 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Ted Cruz maybe Dan Crenshaw, if they want to go with a younger candidate. Cruz as his fingers in most of the pies already so probably him

Ted and Trump don’t get on at all and most of Trump’s base hate him. It will be someone new if they want to continue the “drain the swamp” narrative.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

So back on topic...

Mass testing. Sounds great! How are the government going to fudge this up?

Think for it to be truly effective they need saliva testing or something more comfortable for those being tested - the current process for testing is very unpleasant and I think it will put a lot of people without symptoms going for tests, which kinds of defeats the point of this. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Think for it to be truly effective they need saliva testing or something more comfortable for those being tested - the current process for testing is very unpleasant and I think it will put a lot of people without symptoms going for tests, which kinds of defeats the point of this. 

It's an interesting point.

Although if this is part of the plan to helping us escape our current reality, no matter how disgusting it is surely people will buy in to it?

The disgusting bit lasts all of 2 minutes and i'd take that over another 6 months of restrictions!

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

Part of it are some new saliva tests

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ted and Trump don’t get on at all and most of Trump’s base hate him. It will be someone new if they want to continue the “drain the swamp” narrative.

As I said we won’t find for over 3 years and it’s possible it’ll be someone we don’t know much about yet. They’ll probably go someone more moderate next time round given how Trump has gone for them. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

No I mean this one - he has mentioned before that he is interested in running and I think the reason why he doesn’t want to put himself forward now is because he would pretty much run for everything that trump is running for.

If Trump loses they can’t go back to the Romney Republican Party, they would lose even harder. Trumpism won’t die with Trump, they will argue that if it wasn’t for the pandemic he would have succeeded.

Carlson is a better speaker than trump and much younger, he also already has a following. I think it would be a continuation of the path the Republican Party has started.

There certainly will be candidates trying to appeal to the former Tea Party, now Trumpist nutter wing of the party but it probably won't be another celebrity, and I don't think they'll win.  

Coral will give you 16 to 1 on Carlson for the 2024 republican nominee, same odds as Don Jr and only marginally more likely than Kanye at 25 to 1.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

There certainly will be candidates trying to appeal to the former Tea Party, now Trumpist nutter wing of the party but it probably won't be another celebrity, and I don't think they'll win.  

Coral will give you 16 to 1 on Carlson for the 2024 republican nominee, same odds as Don Jr and only marginally more likely than Kanye at 25 to 1.

I see what you mean but I think a big part of Trumps victory in 2016 was that a total outsider came into the Republican primaries and decimated all of them. All of these career politicians getting murdered by new blood.

To Republican supporters that can’t be undone with one election.

• Upvote 1