When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

it's the only way that distance thing can be remotely acceptable and actually work. I also imagine the WHO's advice on 1m is on the assumption of mask wearing 

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

Says here" If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19."

Unless I'm missing something

So this is interesting. As discussed there’s probably a degree of immunity from exposure to other corona virus. This paper (from cell so not a bad source! 😉) demonstrates the presence of immune activity to covid19 in non exposed individuals.  

“Importantly, we detected SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD4+ T cells in ∼40%–60% of unexposed individuals, suggesting cross-reactive T cell recognition between circulating “common cold” coronaviruses and SARS-CoV-2.”

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(20)30610-3

Edited by semmtexx

11 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

Says here" If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19."

Unless I'm missing something

wow so we're actually going above and beyond the advice

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They just did a feature on South Korea’s track and trace system on BBC news.

Crack teams use CCTV, mobile phone and bank records to track down asymptomatic spreaders.

We sent an app to be tested on the isle of white...

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Crack teams use CCTV, mobile phone and bank records to track down asymptomatic spreaders.

Given those two options I'd take the Isle of Wight every time to be honest...

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sharma doesn't have it apparently. Convenient.

I don’t believe a thing this government tell us any more. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s in hospital in 8 days time. 

26 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

They are at the cutting edge of tech over on the IoW...

Bunch of clowns. The Gov that is not the IoW people. 

47 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

So official death total will go over 40,000 tomorrow, what do we think the government will "announce" to distract? Hair dressers and barbers to open from the 15th?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/04/britain-needs-new-royal-yacht-britannia-provide-morale-boost/

Here you go 😂

I honestly have no idea what world these people live in. Morale boost??

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Factually our daily peak of deaths was just over three weeks after theirs. They opened Bars, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers back on 18th May. We will not open any of those until at least July 1st, I make that 6 weeks.

No sign of when Gyms and hairdressers will open here again. 

The only thing that will be opens in two weeks here that isn’t already are non essential shops, they opened in Italy on 18th May. By the time we open non essential shops they will have opened up Cinemas and theatres again, they probably will not open here until September.

Factually the only thing that we are ahead of them on, relative to our individual timeframes are schools (they go back in September) and top level football, which restarts there on 20th June a few days after ours, but without crowds that’s fairly irrelevant.

Comparably everything else in Ital has opened up or will open up way more than three weeks earlier, and in many cases at least 6 weeks or longer on the relative scale of where each country is with the pandemic.

In terms of how strict out lockdowns where, we could exercise outside near our homes, that’s the only extra liberty we got. 

Although there cases were much more regional to begin with and far less widespread than here and having colleagues in Spain I can tell you being able to go out and exercise vs not being able to is quite a big difference!!