My Chemical Romance GLASTO???

FestivalMCR44

9 hours ago, zero000 said:

I'd always been very anti-emo when I was a teenager (music tribes hey? Remember them?), but, my mate and I got outrageously drunk and ended up watching their Reading set on TV and it was spectacular. Still unsure if it was the alcohol or the performance, but recall it being very campy, melodramatic and  fun. Plus it was helped that Poodlehead himself turned up for the encore.

In short, I'd give them a go at Glastonbury with a similar level of inebriation. 

I’m in then, never seen them. A decent show when pissed up can suddenly turn into a great night.

• Like 1

Other Stage headline at Glastonbury or a Park Stage secret show would be workable ordinarily but if the whole tour follows what was said in the Coachella threads says that they only want headline spots, then logically this wouldn't be. Unless the nature of Glastonbury among performers as a festival people wanna get involved with indicates otherwise. It does seem as though the top end of the bill at Download is set so that they weren't going to get involved there anyway.

The MK Bowl or MK Dons stadium rumour has been in gestation since more or less the first moment MCR said they were re-forming. I think they'd have the fanbase to sell out the bigger Bowl, or at least spread it out over 2 nights at the Dons stadium.

Personally its more local curiosity and knowing a few big hitters that would make me interested. Waiting for it is delaying an initial plan to see Foos & National in Lisbon, which is what I was initially very interested in, especially given The National seem to be going quiet on any talk of further High Violet shows.

21 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Seems there are quite a few references to Arthurian legend and the occult with all these clues. Doesn't that also suggest Glastonbury?

Really don't see them being at Glastonbury. Would be delighted to be wrong (well... inevitable clash pending) but didn't they apparently bail on Coachella as they weren't gonna receive top billing? If true it seems unlikely they'd accept the much lower paying second stage at Glastonbury.

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Really don't see them being at Glastonbury. Would be delighted to be wrong (well... inevitable clash pending) but didn't they apparently bail on Coachella as they weren't gonna receive top billing? If true it seems unlikely they'd accept the much lower paying second stage at Glastonbury.

They dont seem to be getting top billing at Mad Cool either, just co headline. Think it was more of Rage essentially shaking it all up and they were the odd man out.  Almost like Portishead ar Coachella in 2008. They were headlining all the way til 2 weeks before when Prince jumped on. Geoff Barrow was not pleased.

Not sure where to post this but been looking at the Hilton in Milton Keynes today as I heard bands stay there when they play, it’s attached to stadium MK btw. I didn’t think too much of it but looked at booking a room for June 20th but it’s sold out. Both Saturdays before and after still have rooms so thinking they might know something we don’t or the band have booked it out. I know June 20th was being said anyway but think this is more evidence of it. 

Edited by foolee

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

Not sure where to post this but been looking at the Hilton in Milton Keynes today as I heard bands stay there when they play, it’s attached to stadium MK btw. I didn’t think too much of it but looked at booking a room for June 20th but it’s sold out. Both Saturdays before and after still have dates so thinking they might know something we don’t or the band have booked it out. I know June 20th was being said anyway but think this is more evidence of it. 

From what I'm aware a fan group (not in it but a friend is) on facebook have booked out a bunch of rooms just in case because of the rumours, but its all paid back if you give notice. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

From what I'm aware a fan group (not in it but a friend is) on facebook have booked out a bunch of rooms just in case because of the rumours, but its all paid back if you give notice. 

What at the Hilton? That’s mad that 304 rooms would be completely booked from people just speculating. Surely that’s not true? But if so then I guess that blows my theory out of the water 😂

54 minutes ago, foolee said:

What at the Hilton? That’s mad that 304 rooms would be completely booked from people just speculating. Surely that’s not true? But if so then I guess that blows my theory out of the water 😂

Huh, don't know if its the Hilton and not that many rooms. Yeah thats a little insane... 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

You pay about 10-15% more to book a room with day before cancellation. If you're a massive MCR fan, it's a sound speculation tactic. Price will rocket above the 10-15% extra if they announce those dates.

It might also be the Hilton not offering the rooms rather than 'sold out'. No rooms available isn't necessarily sold out. If they are playing, it makes sense for Hilton to not offer them for sale at the moment.

FWIW, Reading is a better festival fit than Download. They got bottled when they played Download and did a great Reading set.