My Chemical Romance GLASTO???

FestivalMCR44

1 minute ago, Jamesyp42 said:

A televised slot at Glastonbury to get them further into the public consciousness and flog more albums could definitely appeal to them.

They just sold three massive dates of their own. I think they are doing just fine playing to their own fans.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

The same Consequence of Sound that has predicted the Coachella headliners, got it wrong and claimed that someone pulled out at the last minute for the last two years?

The same consequence of sound which confirmed rage against the machine?

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Theyll never bring it up publicly. Theyll just do what they just did and spite Aeg/coachella for doing what they did.

Or they were never in the frame and COS got it wrong again. Until there is some actual reporting, it should probably be avoided as being stated as fact. We've all seen with Glastonbury how headliner reporting can stem from one recycled story from someone making guesses.

FWIW, I don't think they'll be there this year, but looking at 'the gap' and the the current summer soliste theming, it's still an outside chance until  new dates or a line up drop rule them out. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Or they were never in the frame and COS got it wrong again. Until there is some actual reporting, it should probably be avoided as being stated as fact. We've all seen with Glastonbury how headliner reporting can stem from one recycled story from someone making guesses.

FWIW, I don't think they'll be there this year, but looking at 'the gap' and the the current summer soliste theming, it's still an outside chance until  new dates or a line up drop rule them out. 

This was in the works for months and plenty of people who had reliable information outside of COS said they were signed and going to be there. Nobody is going to say anything unless youre able to physically have a conversation in confidence about what went down. Unless a journalist asks them point blank in an interview about all of it and they either deny or give an answer, thats all anyone will get. The band had been working on their return for 2 years and that requires a huge amount of keeping quiet about whats happening. If you dont understand that the art of shutting up will get you far in the La music scene, you dont know how this works.

If some giant article came about regarding how things broke down and such, it would be very easy to know who said what. The circle of people with all the details is very small, so yeah, there wont be a timeline breakdown telling us what went on. But it did, sorry to say.

Its your choice to decide whether to believe it or not. Most of the core MCR fanbase jumped for joy when they werent on the poster because what seemed to be an inevitable reality took a quick turn for the better in their eyes. In the end, they chose the giant mountain of money and their fans are going to be broke because of it, especially in the u.s.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

plenty of people who had reliable information outside of COS said they were signed and going to be there.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

If you dont understand that the art of shutting up will get you far in the La music scene, you dont know how this works.

So are people shutting up or telling people that they were booked?

Of course it might be true but at the moment it's just rumour, chances are we'll never know for sure so I'd avoid stating it as fact.

• Upvote 2

Just woke up from a Glasto 2020 dream. There were huge rumours that MCR were playing a secret set on the farm so we went to this weird made up dream place that doesn't actually exist at Glasto and they said yep MCR are playing a secret set and here's your ticket. But then you had to leave the festival and they put you on a coach to either Dundee or Portsmouth.

And that was that.

Not interested in going, but had a ganders at tickets this morning because I saw someone on twitter say 'if you're placed in a queue, don't refresh'. I had the ticket day twitch. Their system is the exact same - the page will refresh after 20 seconds but you can manually refresh. Once on the page naturally got through after a few F5s. Just checked again and can get through for standing easily. I suspect this will sell out again, but they've probably hit the max they're going to shift for the time being. When a tour comes through again next year the same die hards will sell it out.

Edited by sirjonnyp

1 hour ago, sirjonnyp said:

Not interested in going, but had a ganders at tickets this morning because I saw someone on twitter say 'if you're placed in a queue, don't refresh'. I had the ticket day twitch. Their system is the exact same - the page will refresh after 20 seconds but you can manually refresh. Once on the page naturally got through after a few F5s. Just checked again and can get through for standing easily. I suspect this will sell out again, but they've probably hit the max they're going to shift for the time being. When a tour comes through again next year the same die hards will sell it out.

3rd date sold out but took a little longer then the other 2

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Nope. Quickly scrolled through her Tweets - she's 14. Just a bit of fun and speculation on her part I think.

Maybe she's the daughter of the bassist from The Cure.