Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Goddamn is the new Roisin Murphy album good. All disco bangers and made for the club; could feel my jaw clenching throughout.

Just listened to this and it’s very very good.

I thought Jessie Ware had nailed the best disco album of 2020 but this runs it very close. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Front Bottoms Terrible name and derivative as fuck. No redeeming qualities at all Don't bother.  

New single

Just when you think 2020 couldn't get any worse.

Posted Images

Three wa

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Just listened to this and it’s very very good.

I thought Jessie Ware had nailed the best disco album of 2020 but this runs it very close. 

Strong disco season generally with Horse Meat Disco, Dua Lipa x 2, maybe the upcoming Kylie album....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Another thumbs up for Roisin Murphy album. Toes tapping and head bobbing away as I work this afternoon.

 

2700099F-6205-450A-AEA0-E229A3EFCD49.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time no post. Thought I would drop in the new music I've been enjoying most lately

William The Conqueror - Wake Up

 

Rory Butler - Window Shopping

 

Albert Jones - See You When You Get There

 

Christian Lee Hutson - Beginners

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vans said:

Long time no post. Thought I would drop in the new music I've been enjoying most lately

William The Conqueror - Wake Up

 

Rory Butler - Window Shopping

 

Albert Jones - See You When You Get There

 

Christian Lee Hutson - Beginners

 

Really enjoying that William The Conqueror.  Would be great on The Park in the afternoon with a cider in hand and the sun on my face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quark said:

Get the Red Rum Club album in yer ears kids. Proper bringing the sunshine.

He's not wrong. Glorious. 

I was a little concerned as Eleanor didn't grab me but man alive, it's good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually enjoyed the Working Men's Club album a lot more than I thought I would, caught them a few times last year and was non plussed but yeah thought the album was alright. 

Teenanger album was good as well, thought they were called Teenager for ages (thanks Marc Riley), great surf punk (?)

Was excited by The Nude Party's album but it didn't really live up to the first song. I'll give it more goes though.

Tempesst have an awful band name but a good psych debut under their belt. Somewhere between Bad Sounds and Gum.

Death Valley Girls album sounded good on first listen but I was busy through that and only got one go, I shall return to that.

Didn't get a chance to check out Neil Cicieriga one but I have a soft spot for his weird mashup albums so I'll check that out next week coz I like working to them.

Haven't listened to Roisin Murphy's yet I'm not on board the sudden love of disco these boards have suddenly taken on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, priest17 said:

I actually enjoyed the Working Men's Club album a lot more than I thought I would, caught them a few times last year and was non plussed but yeah thought the album was alright. 

Teenanger album was good as well, thought they were called Teenager for ages (thanks Marc Riley), great surf punk (?)

Was excited by The Nude Party's album but it didn't really live up to the first song. I'll give it more goes though.

Tempesst have an awful band name but a good psych debut under their belt. Somewhere between Bad Sounds and Gum.

Death Valley Girls album sounded good on first listen but I was busy through that and only got one go, I shall return to that.

Didn't get a chance to check out Neil Cicieriga one but I have a soft spot for his weird mashup albums so I'll check that out next week coz I like working to them.

Haven't listened to Roisin Murphy's yet I'm not on board the sudden love of disco these boards have suddenly taken on.

Come join us under the glitter ball

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got around to the SAULT albums - Rise in particular is fantastic!

Thought Rosin's was pretty good but still doesnt come close to Jessie Ware imo

Never much been into KPop but I tried the Blackpink album earlier and god it is pretty damn terrible...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 1:21 PM, fred quimby said:

Postie just delivered 7" Prince Fatty - Black Rabbit

Have been enjoying his releases this year

Heard this at the weekend on Craig Charles 6Music. Rather good innit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 8:08 PM, Waterdeep said:

New FSOL is lovely.

 

Gave the album a spin at the weekend. It is indeed lovely. Cascade is probably one of my favorite tracks of theirs

Edited by fred quimby
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dagny's album came out on Friday, @circus92 was posting some of her tracks back in May.  It's ok, decent enough pop I reckon but not sure it's something I'll revisit a lot.  I know Carly Rae Jepson was mentioned at the time, but I'm getting strong Sigrid vibes from her sound. Just not quite as good to my ears.  

Worth a listen though.

Finally got to IDLES this morning as well.  It's not as immediate as Joy and it doesn't have a Danny Nedelko stand out on it for me, but I reckon it'll be a grower.  Does feel a little bit like they've got a formula and are sticking with it, but as a Levellers fan I can't really criticise a band for that!  :lol:

Edited by Quark
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...