2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

3 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I'm sure you all are aware about Emily's interview with NME at their award show about the headliners next year, but if not:

'What about headliners for next year?' -

“Yeah, we’ve got three,” she replied. “That’s very, very unusual. None of them have been signed up on the dotted line but we’ve got three pencilled in.” Asked if the bands had headlined before, Eavis replied: “Maybe one? I’m not telling you any more!”

What is the likelihood that she told these acts that they can no longer play next year due to them trying to maintain Kendrick, Macca and Swift

Info from @mufcok was that the 2020 acts were being offered 2021 slots, so that looks to be the case.

Tbh all plans may be pushed back a year at this rate. The headliners for next year may have been looking to release new records first, which could be pushed back. 2021 will probably be what everyone intended 2020 to be at this rate.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Info from @mufcok was that the 2020 acts were being offered 2021 slots, so that looks to be the case.

Tbh all plans may be pushed back a year at this rate. The headliners for next year may have been looking to release new records first, which could be pushed back. 2021 will probably be what everyone intended 2020 to be at this rate.

I'm really happy with the headliners this year and i'm disappointed i won't be watching them in June but half the fun of the festival is the speculation on here, what are we going to do with ourselves if we already know the headliners for the festival next year

(was also hoping The 1975 got the gig next year but i'll take anything as long as it happens)

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

2 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I'm really happy with the headliners this year and i'm disappointed i won't be watching them in June but half the fun of the festival is the speculation on here, what are we going to do with ourselves if we already know the headliners for the festival next year

(was also hoping The 1975 got the gig next year but i'll take anything as long as it happens)

Well I'd personally be surprised if all three headliners return. Still plenty to speculate on!

If it was only verbal agreements for 2021 then that makes things a bit easier for the festival. They'll probably just be first reserve in case any of the 2020 headliners aren't able to do it. We obviously don't know who the 2021 headliners were going to be at this point but using Arctic Monkeys as a logical guess, they aren't doing anything other than headlining. No chance.

11 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

What is the likelihood that she told these acts that they can no longer play next year due to them trying to maintain Kendrick, Macca and Swift

I doubt she'd proactively go and say "you're not wanted" until she'd got others signed and sealed.

And getting others signed and sealed might be hard, because there might be other commitments already, or just because everything is so uncertain at the moment.

40 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

We will have to speculate on some of the lower down acts and give them their moment in the limelight ... not quite the same .... so we could have a thread ... bandstand headliners 2021 ... :) 

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I doubt she'd proactively go and say "you're not wanted" until she'd got others signed and sealed.

And getting others signed and sealed might be hard, because there might be other commitments already, or just because everything is so uncertain at the moment.

Yeah... I doubt anyone is making firm plans for now for next year. Everything is TBC

20 hours ago, mcshed said:

Don't worry that's a joke account that posts nonsense, it used to have a negative rep that reflected this but after a few amusingly timed bits of nonsense it has green rep I think it would be less confusing if there was some warning that it's not being serious.

Yeah I know I meant to reply with a sarcastic response 

Where we might consider it being an issue for Taylor Swift  is that if her U.S. shows cannot happen then a reschedule occurs and its next year, not a few months later since American Football season could happen. If it doesnt then theres more options, but yeah, just gotta keep an eye on that. 

Think Depeche Mode gets their due finally unless they dont mind being the Legend? Would be weird to see them in the daylight, but I’ll take it. At least it cuts down on the filler songs and a 75 min hits set would be ace.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Feels lime Taylor has missed the boat to do Glasto off the back of Lover imo, I reckon she might well just hold off till her next one is out and play then.

Don't think so. All her live plans this year will be banjaxed - not just Glasto but all the Lover Fests and every other festival headlining slot she was booked up for. There's fuck all chance of Hyde Park or Roskilde going ahead.

Seems likely she'll just defer for a year and 2021 will be the Summer of Love(r).

Yep. Even IF the festivals like Roskilde go ahead I'd be very surprised if Taylor does them. She's been incredibly serious about the situation, no doubt fuelled by her mother's illness. I'll be stunned if she does any live shows this summer.

If Taylor can’t do it next year do you think they might ask Dua?

The new album is great and she’s absolutely massive. It was a huge coup getting her to headline the other stage but by this time next year I don’t know if they could get away with doing it again.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If Taylor can’t do it next year do you think they might ask Dua?

The new album is great and she’s absolutely massive. It was a huge coup getting her to headline the other stage but by this time next year I don’t know if they could get away with doing it again.

I think there will be too many big hitters about next year for them to turn to if any of the current three don’t return. Dua would probably be down the list.

Obviously its impossible to guess this far into the future but why not, feel like its quite hard to juggle all the "newer" pop/rap acts that seem like they should be nailed for headline slots over the next few years (Swift, Kendrick, Gaga, Dua, Ezra, 1975, Dave etc.) whilst still keeping enough of the landfill bands and heritage acts coming through (e.g. I cant see them missing Muse for this long tbh).

Still reckon Swift and Kendrick will opt to wait for their next albums too and opt to just go ahead and do the more lucrative & fan-pleasing stadium tours next year.

2021: Arctic Monkeys // Paul McCartney // Lady Gaga

2022: The 1975 // Fleetwood Mac // Taylor Swift

2023: Dua Lipa // Kendrick Lamar // Coldplay

On 3/27/2020 at 1:22 PM, Mattymooz said:

Obviously its impossible to guess this far into the future but why not, feel like its quite hard to juggle all the "newer" pop/rap acts that seem like they should be nailed for headline slots over the next few years (Swift, Kendrick, Gaga, Dua, Ezra, 1975, Dave etc.) whilst still keeping enough of the landfill bands and heritage acts coming through (e.g. I cant see them missing Muse for this long tbh).

Still reckon Swift and Kendrick will opt to wait for their next albums too and opt to just go ahead and do the more lucrative & fan-pleasing stadium tours next year.

I think you'll get Coldplay before then. Unless Kendrick and Taylor reschedule BST they are both just possibles

On 3/27/2020 at 1:22 PM, Mattymooz said:

You'd think if Kendrick had an album due out this year it may well get pushed into next year now so him headlining then would make sense.