2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Idk about Kendrick. I think he'd be less eager to come back ASAP, and was probably treating it more as another normal gig than Taylor Swift was.

I think Kendrick will headline eventually, just wouldn't be so sure that he's booked again for next year.

Also important to remember that Emily said 3 headliners are pencilled in for next year already. Obviously there could be room to move stuff around given the unusual circumstances, but I'm not sure they'd wanna turn down two of them just to get the same headliners they were going to have this year.

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think most people have them as the most likely headliner for next year anyway but looks like they’re definitely around next June.

Yup, absolutely obvious anyway and it'll have been 7 years. I'll definitely be putting some money on them when the odds come out.

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hasn't Emily said she already has the three headliners booked for 21?

I think she said they had verbal agreements. If 2020 is cancelled altogether, I imagine their first play will be rebooking the 2020 ones if possible. 

5 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

8 years.

Including gap year yes.

5 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Lady Gaga (or Kendrick)

Arctic Monkeys

Taylor Swift

I don't think Glastonbury matters that much to Taylor to plan round it, I imagine if she's around okay but this year I think just sat well with BST.

38 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Kendrick/AM/Taylor is still a really good trio and will shut up all those 'there's no rock bands or lads with guitar bands cry' people on twitter. 

No, bore off with the double pop, we don't need it again.

• Downvote 1

Just now, thewayiam said:

I'm struggling to see how you don't see rap as one of the biggest pop influences today, pop is not just young female singers singing what you dislike.

Well if you’re saying that then AM have more pop friendly songs that’s Kendrick Lamar!

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Well if you’re saying that then AM have more pop friendly songs that’s Kendrick Lamar!

You aren't wrong but they are a rock band and where it used to be a rock band, a poppier band for the young one's we will say just for eg in this and an older act to supply to all you go from that to a rock band and two poppier acts for the young one's but Glastonbury way more the social media commercial unit than it ever was now unfortunately and that's where we are.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm struggling to see how you don't see rap as one of the biggest pop influences today, pop is not just young female singers singing what you dislike.

I think Kendrick Lamar is a hip hop artist, which is a very popular genre right now.

By this logic there's so many lineups in the history of Glastonbury that are 'double pop'.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You aren't wrong but they are a rock band and where it used to be a rock band, a poppier band for the young one's we will say just for eg in this and an older act to supply to all you go from that to a rock band and two poppier acts for the young one's but Glastonbury way more the social media commercial unit than it ever was now unfortunately and that's where we are.

I have no idea what this means.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think Kendrick Lamar is a hip hop artist, which is a very popular genre right now.

By this logic there's so many lineups in the history of Glastonbury that are 'double pop'.

I have no idea what this means.

What you think is your opinion but what he is, is a rapper. There may be hip hop influences but in that genre that regularly happens, he very much goes as an acclaimed rapper though. 

You don't have to, it's my opinion, as long as I do I'm not fussed.