2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Somehow the will they/won’t they of our three 2020 headliners carrying over to 2021 is more anxiety bringing than the usual being totally in the dark about them. Can’t wait for the rumours to start swirling and the absolute triumph of them being announced to return and/or defeat of somebody else being announced in one of their places.

Scenes if The 1975 are the first headliner announced and then we’re left uncertain who, if any, of the 2020 headliners fill the other two spots.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'd love to see The 1975 headline. Wouldn't swap out any of this year's headliners for them, but they deserve the gig and I'd almost definitely be there if it happened next year.

Yeah I’m not against them headlining at all - they obviously deserve the gig - but would be a real shiter knowing what we could’ve had but getting them (or almost anybody else - they were just an example) instead.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somehow the will they/won’t they of our three 2020 headliners carrying over to 2021 is more anxiety bringing than the usual being totally in the dark about them. Can’t wait for the rumours to start swirling and the absolute triumph of them being announced to return and/or defeat of somebody else being announced in one of their places.

Scenes if The 1975 are the first headliner announced and then we’re left uncertain who, if any, of the 2020 headliners fill the other two spots.

I'll lose my shit if Neil pops up to say he's heard they've all signed on for next year.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'll lose my shit if Neil pops up to say he's heard they've all signed on for next year.

It’s the uncertainty that gets you -

Whether it was being cancelled or not - now sorted  

Whether tickets were being rolled over or not - now sorted  

Headliners being carried over - not sure yet.

If this was confirmed I would be so happy and could relax until next year

14 hours ago, priest17 said:

There's a lot of people who, rightly, haven't put a full shift in during a fallow year round here. Gets a bit fucking silly. 

Fallow years are when this place comes to life.

Those of us who keep this place topped up with nonsense all year round d are the true heroes.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

It could all be over pretty quickly though if they start announcing Euro dates for next year and/or other festivals start announcing them.

I think at least two will be back.

surely Kendrick and Taylor were just due to be at Glastonbury as part of a festival circuit they were on and would be very unlikely to be back next year and if they were how would they fit in around, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin and Daft Punk.

1 minute ago, Bennykill said:

surely Kendrick and Taylor were just due to be at Glastonbury as part of a festival circuit they were on and would be very unlikely to be back next year and if they were how would they fit in around, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin and Daft Punk.

Every festival in Europe is probably going to end up being pulled so chances are they’ll just do the circuit next year.

I'm sure you all are aware about Emily's interview with NME at their award show about the headliners next year, but if not:

'What about headliners for next year?' -

“Yeah, we’ve got three,” she replied. “That’s very, very unusual. None of them have been signed up on the dotted line but we’ve got three pencilled in.” Asked if the bands had headlined before, Eavis replied: “Maybe one? I’m not telling you any more!”

What is the likelihood that she told these acts that they can no longer play next year due to them trying to maintain Kendrick, Macca and Swift