Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

4 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

It would be a bit sad if Glastonbury in the 50th with the coincidence of Rage available the same year cannot book them. It's a band that fits with the philosophy / political orientation of the festival. I cannot imagine better band to be in the line up honestly. 

Its a shame, but with how last minute they look to have been around and that Glastonbury have been looking for their 50th headliners for 2-3 years now I can see why they wouldn't show up, also a money issue maybe. Reading is still yet to announce their lineup so it seems they've held back because of it. 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Although clearly fake (taken from the Leeds forum; not my own work) that Fontaines DC to IDLES into Rage would be a pretty nice evening.

It would be a very sore evening haha, don't think my body could handle that much body smashing together

2 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

The Black Keys in a secondary stage. Cmon 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Think that's about right, if they were playing? (Unlikely anyway) – If you're GCSE age, you were 5 or 6 when Brothers came out.

They've not done a lot in 7-8 years. Their day in the sun is a long time ago. Wouldn't even have them as an Other headliner nowadays.

Subbing Foos at R&L in 2012 and Kasabian at Glasto 2014 was their level at those times, but since Turn Blue came out, they've been pretty quiet. I think that Glasto slot is one of the last times they've done UK shows, and they were saying they're not doing any European dates in 2020, so who knows where they could end up if they chose to jump back across the Atlantic.

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Someone has messaged me on Instagram to say the dates on the new poster match the ones on the fake one. Had all the earlier dates been announced before fake poster man did his thing?

Yes, they all had.

There's literally nothing new here (yet), it's a ripped version of their original poster from back in November:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Urgh, I don't want to have to go to Reading for two days(already doing the LG day)...please let RATM play at Glastonbury!

I REALLY can't see it. I can't see them coming over to England in June to do a set thats not a headlining main stage (other stage headliner at this point) and then leaving and coming back again at the end of August. 

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There’s rumours a world tour announcement from rage is imminent 

9pm GMT, 4pm EST, 1pm PST.

Some north america shows are surfacing that arent on the poster. Time frame is unknown but likely to go with the Boston and Delaware festival appearances.

Edited by Suprefan