Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I don't reckon they will be doing it (not convinced they're leaving the US) but would day ticket Leeds. Although I'm at the cricket Saturday so that would be annoying... 

Same here for Reading, although I’m already going for the Saturday to see LG!

49 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah but I was pointing out another festival that has a pretty youth-oriented lineup and Rage at the top. Coachella too a little bit.

Exactly. They have a history with the promoters/organisers of the festival which would make sense why they are playing places that they know quite well.

3 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I really can't see it. Not with the direction that festival has been going.

If you check anything on Readings twitter its all 15-18 year olds complaining they're not getting any bands because 'I have my ticket, i have the right to know whose playing'. Its a little sad. 

Foo Fighters were first to sell their day out last year and that mainstage was heavily rock, plenty of people still attend R&L who want rock bands

14 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I wonder how fast day tickets would go. The LG day is £75 so if a Rage day is priced the same and considering what MCR are charging I could see them flying out.

If rage get announced I’m afraid I’m dropping a ticket right then right there

14 hours ago, maelzoid said:

In the last 5 years, Reading has seen headliners including Foo Fighters, Muse, RHCP, Kings of Leon and Metallica. RATM are hardly the sore thumb amongst that lot...

Nah I think it’s because RATM are clearly a hot booking this year and it’s great that Reading has (potentially) got them, while it seems no other European festivals (that we know of) have.

I don’t think Reading has booked an exclusive like this in a long time. The only reason I believe it is that Rage have played reading every time they have reunited.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah I think it’s because RATM are clearly a hot booking this year and it’s great that Reading has (potentially) got them, while it seems no other European festivals (that we know of) have.

I don’t think Reading has booked an exclusive like this in a long time. The only reason I believe it is that Rage have played reading every time they have reunited.

It seems that there's a co-ordinated announcement with at least Rock En Seine so they're playing other European festivals if they are doing Reading. Still a UK Only show is particularly impressive, like you said I'll be straight in for a day ticket.

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I haven't been to Leeds for 12/13 years, if they're announced for it I will definitely be after a day ticket. 

And you’re not alone.  I think it will be something similar to what is going on with Coachella this year. Lots of people going back who haven’t been in over 10 years. Quite cool if you think about it. Booking one band is such a deal breaker.

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

It seems that there's a co-ordinated announcement with at least Rock En Seine so they're playing other European festivals if they are doing Reading. Still a UK Only show is particularly impressive, like you said I'll be straight in for a day ticket.

Did not know this! Would definitely make sense for them to do at least something else.

I didn't get the vibe on my day trip to Reading 2017 that it was a post-rock festival, and the crowd did look suitably vibey for Foos on TV for the year just gone.

But a lot of it if RATM do turn up may well be old school fans turning up by convenience of it being a UK exclusive. Probably was the case as well in 2008 tbf.

23 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Foo Fighters were first to sell their day out last year and that mainstage was heavily rock, plenty of people still attend R&L who want rock bands

Most people who wanted to see the other headliners would have been far more likely to just buy a weekend though (not saying Foos aren't a bigger name though)

3 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

It would be a bit sad if Glastonbury in the 50th with the coincidence of Rage available the same year cannot book them. It's a band that fits with the philosophy / political orientation of the festival. I cannot imagine better band to be in the line up honestly. 

Rage are clearly a headline band mate. I know that we were promised headline sized other stage headliners but I can’t envision Rage accepting a slot below headline.

If rumours are to be believed Rage’s tour has been organised unconventionally, and if the comment from the Hell Fest organiser is true, Rage were not available at the time that many June festival were putting together their lineups.

If r&l have got them it’s probably because they have hung around a bit and waited for Rage to think more about their touring plans.