Paul McCartney

Demarcation

11 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I think we are due a curveball Beatles song. Was it hard days night he hadn't played for decades until 2019? Any others he hasn't played yet?

The only one I can think of and see on Set Lists is Maxwells or I Feel Fine (which was lead by Lennon) 

The other one which I would of loved would be With a Little Help From My Friends with Ringo, but he's in the US. 

13 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I wonder if we'll get any songs from McCartney III? They also did that remix version of it with a bunch of features on, some of whom are touring europe around that time, so I wonder if some of them might pop up?

Can't wait to see Macca and Beck rocking out to uh.... "Find My Way"!

It would be a nice amplification boost to any guest, but also the worst part of the set for everyone watching.

Given it'll have been nearly 3 years since the end of the Freshen Up tour, I'm hoping he'll have had time to look at the setlists and mix them u a bit for this tour.

Obviously there are a number of songs (probably about half the set) that are pretty much guaranteed.

There are then a number of songs that are usually played, but not always - 'Helter Skelter', 'Can't Buy Me Love', 'All My Loving' etc.

Then there are songs that may be brought in and last a tour or two, and then replaced. 'Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite' has been in for a while now, maybe that'll be dropped in favour of something else.

There songs that are performed infrequently on tour - 'Mull of Kintyre' etc. For some reason 'Yesterday' seems to have slipped from setlist staple into this category.

AHDN has opened the show since 2016, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's replaced, maybe by 'Get Back', or semi-regular show opener 'Magical Mystery Tour'.

I don't imagine it'll be too different from recent tours, but I expect a few tweaks and hopefully surprises for Glasto

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Given it'll have been nearly 3 years since the end of the Freshen Up tour, I'm hoping he'll have had time to look at the setlists and mix them u a bit for this tour.

Obviously there are a number of songs (probably about half the set) that are pretty much guaranteed.

There are then a number of songs that are usually played, but not always - 'Helter Skelter', 'Can't Buy Me Love', 'All My Loving' etc.

Then there are songs that may be brought in and last a tour or two, and then replaced. 'Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite' has been in for a while now, maybe that'll be dropped in favour of something else.

There songs that are performed infrequently on tour - 'Mull of Kintyre' etc. For some reason 'Yesterday' seems to have slipped from setlist staple into this category.

AHDN has opened the show since 2016, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's replaced, maybe by 'Get Back', or semi-regular show opener 'Magical Mystery Tour'.

I don't imagine it'll be too different from recent tours, but I expect a few tweaks and hopefully surprises for Glasto

Had exactly the same thought there the other day. Hard Days Night is a pretty unbelievable opener, but Get Back or Magical Mystery Tour would be ace. I was watching the most recent cavern club set where he opened with MMT, awesome stuff.

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

This was his 2004 set list.... and forgive me if I am wrong ... nothing decent has been released since 

oh he did do a song about a tambourine... didn't he also say eh made up a song while back stage it was utter dog shite . but hey  the songs are good and you know them all. 

1. Jet
    (Wings song)
    Play Video
  2. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  4. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  5. (Wings song)
    Play Video
  6. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  8. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  9. (The Quarrymen song)
    Play Video
  10. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  11. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  13. (George Harrison cover)
    Play Video
  14. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  15. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  17. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  18. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  19. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  20. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  21. (Wings song)
    Play Video
  22. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  23. (Wings song)
    Play Video
  24. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  25. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  26. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  27. Encore:
  28. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  29. (first time played)
    Play Video
  30. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  31. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  32. Encore 2:
  33. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  34. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video

I genuinely don't care.  Nobody is on the messageboard for an opera house saying Mozart has no new material.  Good music is good music.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I genuinely don't care.  Nobody is on the messageboard for an opera house saying Mozart has no new material.  Good music is good music.

the music is good, this is why I saw him in 04. It his him I don't really like. Loved watching "GET BACK"  watching how they all come together and new music came out. not saying he shouldn't headline. you don't get many chances to watch a Beatle play Beatle music. if you have not seen him, you should go. I have seen him so won't be there but I know a lot will be there . rightly so. just not for me this time . 

5 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

the music is good, this is why I saw him in 04. It his him I don't really like. Loved watching "GET BACK"  watching how they all come together and new music came out. not saying he shouldn't headline. you don't get many chances to watch a Beatle play Beatle music. if you have not seen him, you should go. I have seen him so won't be there but I know a lot will be there . rightly so. just not for me this time . 

That's absolutely fair.  I also saw him in 2004 and thought the performance wasn't all that, but I'm going to give him another chance.  Back then I didn't know any of his solo material very well, so that probably didn't help.

With Macca releasing McCartney 3 recently, do we think he'll lean into other songs from the trilogy?? Obviously Temporary Secretary would be perfect, but Coming Up and Waterfalls would be so great as well.

I also thought the Temporary Secretary dream was dead, but turns out he played it live a few times from 2015-17!!

1 minute ago, HamishA. said:

With Macca releasing McCartney 3 recently, do we think he'll lean into other songs from the trilogy?? Obviously Temporary Secretary would be perfect, but Coming Up and Waterfalls would be so great as well.

I also thought the Temporary Secretary dream was dead, but turns out he played it live a few times from 2015-17!!

'Coming Up' is one of those songs that is often, but not always on the setlist. A good bop live too. 'Temporary Secretary' is scarcer. I don't know if he's done 'Waterfalls' live at all - I certainly haven't seen him do it.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's absolutely fair.  I also saw him in 2004 and thought the performance wasn't all that, but I'm going to give him another chance.  Back then I didn't know any of his solo material very well, so that probably didn't help.

who doesn't like the Beatles, the music is amazing. what I liked is also the Wings stuff . The back Catalogue the man has is amazing. He is so talented and I don't get why he hasn't done more since really. Then again if i had that back catalogue and the money would I really carry on working .... most likely not When you watch Get back and see how they all worked together .. maybe he is missing that 

4 hours ago, shuttlep said:

This was his 2004 set list.... and forgive me if I am wrong ... nothing decent has been released since 

oh he did do a song about a tambourine... didn't he also say eh made up a song while back stage it was utter dog shite . but hey  the songs are good and you know them all. 

1. Jet
    (Wings song)
    Play Video
  2. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  4. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  5. (Wings song)
    Play Video
  6. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  8. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  9. (The Quarrymen song)
    Play Video
  10. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  11. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  13. (George Harrison cover)
    Play Video
  14. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  15. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
    Play Video
  17. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  18. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  19. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  20. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  21. (Wings song)
    Play Video
  22. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  23. (Wings song)
    Play Video
  24. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  25. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  26. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  27. Encore:
  28. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  29. (first time played)
    Play Video
  30. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  31. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  32. Encore 2:
  33. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video
  34. (The Beatles song)
    Play Video

Getting the feels just reading that back.