Paul McCartney

Demarcation

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2023 at 4:05 AM, Gnomicide said:

Ausie tour:

32921391_Screenshot_20230731_210445_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.6168309962f1075f2d253a851ac34be4.jpg

A belated stab at this thread, but I've been trekking around Australia the past few months, and managed to align for the show in Adelaide.

My bucket list has very few acts left on it - and in terms of the old guard, McCartney was the last on there. So, it was a delight to manage it, and I must count my lucky stars that it worked out.

The closing main set stretch - Band on the Run into Get Back into Let It Be into Live and Let Die into Hey Jude - is probably up there for one of my all-timer bursts. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, MK1 said:

I hope he will play Europe/UK next year!! Any info on that???

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

Well he hasnt played anywhere in Europe of the Got Back tour. Hasnt played Europe for 5 years I think. Glasto aside. So yeah great chance.

Were there not rumblings of some arena shows in the spring a few months ago?

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Looking at his most recent setlists, it's mainly the same as Glasto with added Jet, She's a Woman and Sgt Pepper's (reprise)

We got Birthday too, which... I don't recall being in the Glastonbury set?

But yes. I'd imagine European dates next year. The sheer lack of any major leaks so far makes me think it'll exclusively be his own shows.  Thought it would be arenas if so, but history tells me he was meant to play a string of stadium shows ahead of Glastonbury in 2010.

I cannot imagine it'll be more than a dozen dates, when all is said and done.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

We got Birthday too, which... I don't recall being in the Glastonbury set?

But yes. I'd imagine European dates next year. The sheer lack of any major leaks so far makes me think it'll exclusively be his own shows.  Thought it would be arenas if so, but history tells me he was meant to play a string of stadium shows ahead of Glastonbury in 2010.

I cannot imagine it'll be more than a dozen dates, when all is said and done.

Forgot about Birthday. Coming Up's had an outing too recently

A few additions and subtractions aside his setlist has been largely static for a good while now - and given his advanced years I doubt there'll be another big shake up. Might as well enjoy the man and his music any chance you get.

*puts on Now & Then and starts crying for the umpteenth time*

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Were there not rumblings of some arena shows in the spring a few months ago?

He was supposed to do a European tour but we got the pandamic so it was canceled.. That was may june with dates being announced at the end of november....