Paul McCartney

Demarcation

My parents both used to work at the Cunnard Building in Liverpool and saw the Beatles loads in The Cavern. Often a lunchtime set, leg it up there during your break, watch The Beatles and then back to work. Standard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Best line up for a gig maybe but not best gig. It's not a best gig when you can't hear the artists perform. I think you have the edge on her now because you could hear Macca. 

That’s a good point. I’ll try and play that card next time. She was texting me all the way through the Glasto gig watching it from home 🥹

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

My parents both used to work at the Cunnard Building in Liverpool and saw the Beatles loads in The Cavern. Often a lunchtime set, leg it up there during your break, watch The Beatles and then back to work. Standard.

Mental that those gigs are top of loads of peoples "If you could travel back in time" list.

Just now, The Nal said:

Mental that those gigs are top of loads of peoples "If you could travel back in time" list.

With a bit of thought I could probably come with at least 100 "If you could travel back in time"  gigs before I'd get to The Beatles.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

My mum would skive school to go to the day time sets.  I was looking at old photos from The Cavern a couple of weeks ago and I swear I've found her on one ❤ There are some great archives via The Liverpool Echo of the crowds in there 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Digi said:

My mum would skive school to go to the day time sets.  I was looking at old photos from The Cavern a couple of weeks ago and I swear I've found her on one ❤ There are some great archives via The Liverpool Echo of the crowds in there 

Incredible to imagine. 

Do any bands anywhere still play lunchtime sets? 

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Incredible to imagine. 

Do any bands anywhere still play lunchtime sets? 

The Cavern still has music on regularly during the day so it's possible to catch up and coming bands there 🙂 

I'm a big Frank Turner fan - he's currently touring the US and dropping some early afternoon sets across his tour 

Edited by Digi

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Awesome 😎 

I know we've wandered massively OT, but my 2 "before they were massive" gigs are Arctic Monkeys when they were still unsigned and 6th formers.  They played the full set in a pub still in school uniform.  TBF I've seen them 3 times since and the first one was still the best.  Think they get more boring as a live act the bigger they get.  Feels like they can't be arsed.

Also saw Muse supported by Hundred Reasons at Doncaster Dome in about 2001 just before Muse got huge.  That was a cracker.  Had serious headbang neck the morning after.

9 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

That would be cool but a long shot. My Mum did, Manchester Apollo in 1966. The support? The Beach Boys.

Oh wow! Did she enjoy the Glastonbury set?

I can't imagine many - if any - of the bands I saw at her age then will still be relevant at her age now!

14 hours ago, Lushroom said:

Oh wow! Did she enjoy the Glastonbury set?

I can't imagine many - if any - of the bands I saw at her age then will still be relevant at her age now!

Amazing isn’t it, to be going so long and still putting out decent music as well as touring a 2.5 hour show. Yeah she loved it, she was messaging me throughout and the next day when the full thing came on Iplayer. She (with my Dad) also saw Wings and McCartneys legendary Albert Dock set in 1990. Next time I see her we’re gonna crack open some Champers and watch it all together.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Amazing isn’t it, to be going so long and still putting out decent music as well as touring a 2.5 hour show. Yeah she loved it, she was messaging me throughout and the next day when the full thing came on Iplayer. She (with my Dad) also saw Wings and McCartneys legendary Albert Dock set in 1990. Next time I see her we’re gonna crack open some Champers and watch it all together.

My kind of celebration! Enjoy.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

No new dates announced 😟

Don't want those sorts of bragging rights.

He said at big G it was the last date of his tour. Don’t think a European tour was planned at all. Glasto was a European one off.

1 minute ago, PassingCloud said:

😆……this isn’t the John Lennon thread, but yeah great album.

its a post-beatles album,

and with a better band than macca's shit one.