Paul McCartney

Demarcation

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They haven't done a show as Page and Plant since the 1990s.

When did they play big g? Swear it wasn’t that long ago.

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah but they hang out so it’s obviously an easy booking for Hyde Park to make.

Lol, the point was they are rumoured for desert trip in California, then hanging out together isn’t actually the info.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

When did they play big g? Swear it wasn’t that long ago.

Lol, the point was they are rumoured for desert trip in California, then hanging out together isn’t actually the info.

Rumoured for desert trip in California? Because one guy said it? Hell, we don't even know if there is going to be a Desert Trip 2. It all just sounds like baseless speculation to me

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Rumoured for desert trip in California? Because one guy said it? Hell, we don't even know if there is going to be a Desert Trip 2. It all just sounds like baseless speculation to me

Nope. Comes from this. Hits Daily Double is a pretty reliable source of festival news in the states 

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329756&title=BOSS-MOVING-BIG-TOUR-TO-'23?

“The organizers of classic-rock fest Desert Trip—led by Paul Tollett, who is also wheeling and dealing for the Coachella lineup—are said to be working hard to secure Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, but that booking appears shaky at best”

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sounds like a Hyde park gig for 2023 locked in already.

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

“The organizers of classic-rock fest Desert Trip—led by Paul Tollett, who is also wheeling and dealing for the Coachella lineup—are said to be working hard to secure Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, but that booking appears shaky at best”

You know people sometimes exaggerate on the internet for effect? You do it all the time you should know.

Just now, Matt42 said:

You know people sometimes exaggerate on the internet for effect? You do it all the time you should know.

I’m clearly taking the piss when I do. You come across like you actually believe all this stuff you spout and then appear baffled when people call you out on it and claim you’re not the only one who does it. You’re not, but you’re the only one who does it to such an extent.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

tbh I can imagine the crowds at Desert Trip being incredibly dull, the kind that would suck away from what should be some epic concerts

Those bands did their epic concerts 50 years ago, today they're all about gently entertaining a more sedate clientele for considerable sums of money. 

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

tbh I can imagine the crowds at Desert Trip being incredibly dull, the kind that would suck away the atmosphere from what should be some epic concerts

It’s also far too expensive to the point where it’s actually a joke and I can’t believe people pay it.

$700 standard ticket right?

Edited by Matt42

16 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I’m clearly taking the piss when I do. You come across like you actually believe all this stuff you spout and then appear baffled when people call you out on it and claim you’re not the only one who does it. You’re not, but you’re the only one who does it to such an extent.

You can only dream of 42's level of knowledge of the festival scene. Stinks a bit like jealousy and envy to me. Maybe you should use the ignore function or take a walk outside. 

Edited by The Martini Police

Just now, The Martini Police said:

You can only dream of 42's level of knowledge of the festival scene. Stinks a bit like jealousy and envy to me. Maybe you should use the ignore function of take a walk outside. 

Can’t pal. Internet isn’t good enough for me to post my 5 stage festival prediction.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Page n plant not full zep.

Why not? JPJ is very keen and no way they wouldn't have Jason Bonham on sticks. Page and Plant was a bum steer that no-one in the history of ever would want to reprise. The issue is getting Page and Plant together on stage playing Zep songs. As people have said the Zep tour will never happen, but if P+P unite in person on stage, it would be Zep.