Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Are all of those acts playing on the kraftwerk day? Seems a bit thrown together.

Suppose with Kraftwerk being as niche as they are it’s hard to find a full day of fitting support acts. Guess they’re just aiming at the general older indie crowd.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Suppose with Kraftwerk being as niche as they are it’s hard to find a full day of fitting support acts. Guess they’re just aiming at the general older indie crowd.

I’d go full dance / electronic and fill up with those sort of acts. Kraftwerk are dance music royalty and I think it would be easy to put together a lineup like that.

Then again, I don’t think you’d fill it with acts large enough to fill the capacity. So you’re right with that.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That APE day looks great but I've already got too much on next summer what with Glastonbury, the Euros and a new baby. Gonna have to be responsible and sit it out.

I suppose you could always just wait for the cheap tickets. Although I feel like this might sellout; Kraftwerkers seem pretty dedicated. Pretty sure the Kraftwerk day of Bluedot sold out quite fast too

19 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Absolute power move by Metallica here, incredible stuff. Let King Gizzard do this at Glastonbury, cowards

The first thing that jumped out at me wasn't Metallica's double set, but the fact that Staind are still going and on the second line of that poster!

Be really interested to see the setlists from that. Split by eras maybe? One night of Kill Em All to Metallica, second night Load to Hardwired? Or a complete mix & match? 

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

The first thing that jumped out at me wasn't Metallica's double set, but the fact that Staind are still going and on the second line of that poster!

Be really interested to see the setlists from that. Split by eras maybe? One night of Kill Em All to Metallica, second night Load to Hardwired? Or a complete mix & match? 

I'm hoping they all swap instruments for the second set.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd be well up for two different Metallica sets at a festival. Most of their best stuff gets missed off setlists, so a set of the usual stuff and one of deeper cuts would be ace. 

So long as those deeper cuts don't include much from..Justice I'm in.

Had a discussion with one of the guys at work a few weeks ago about how it's his favourite Metallica album.  I tried to listen to it again, Lord knows how I tried.  But...no

14 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

would love to see Dropkick Murphys on the farm!

They were there in '17 on t'Other, not sure they'll be back this soon? Wouldn't complain if they were mind!

They were one of major clashes that year, still happy with my choice but would have loved to see them.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

@lukethekid I'd put good money on a Radiohead secret set, or at the very least Ed joining Thom on stage for a Radiohead track or two like Johnny did.

You might get Ed & Thom for a couple, but I really think Emily's right when they say about doing away with the secret sets. Nothing stays secret any more with all the alerts going on, and the crowds are just not manageable.

I'd put them down as one of those things that was an amazing thing they used to do, but changes in the nature of the place mean they're no longer viable and get consigned to history.

RIP secret sets...

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

The Scum reports that Aerosmith will be touring the UK next year.

Gotta be nailed on. :) 

Hope so, but it’ll be tight - their Vegas residency ends early June and then Joe Perry’s touring Europe/UK with the Hollywood Vampires starting mid August. So either the tour (if there is one) will be towards the end of year, or a brief one late June/early July. Hope for the latter.

26 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Hope so, but it’ll be tight - their Vegas residency ends early June and then Joe Perry’s touring Europe/UK with the Hollywood Vampires starting mid August. So either the tour (if there is one) will be towards the end of year, or a brief one late June/early July. Hope for the latter.

i reckon that's more likely, as it follows on from other dates.

Just now, H.M.V said:

Sinead is doing some dates in the summer in Ireland. She's got the pipes and would be amazing. Not sure where she would fit though. 

Screenshot_20191203-144746.png

She'd be a Horlicks Stage job I reckon, although someone more au fait with her live might tell me that's nonsense